Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Do you think I'm... odd?

Bored? Like Karaoke?

I don't know if any of you don't have anything to do tonight, or if you like Karaoke, but I'm participating in a semi-finals competition in Huntington Beach tonight at around 8:30pm. The place is called Tumbleweed's and it's at the corner of Beach Blvd and Atlanta, in the little strip mall, in between the Big Lots and the Rite Aid.

The one friend who has been going with me can't go tonight and I think it looks a little sad to be sitting in a bar by myself, so I thought, what the heck, I'll post up the info here. ^_^ People will do strange things when they are bored.

If you feel like coming out there, I'd be happy to see you, if not, then have a nice night! I will attempt to kick some *** by myself. ^_^
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Bored? Like Karaoke?

Thats kinda far for me on a Monday night, but I wish you all the luck in the world!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Good Luck Rose Red. Let us know how it turns out. . What do you sing btw?

Also, does anyone know if they are doing Karaoke anywhere in Downtown Disney yet?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• For You!

Good Luck!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Good Luck Rose Red. Let us know how it turns out. . What do you sing btw?

Also, does anyone know if they are doing Karaoke anywhere in Downtown Disney yet?

Thank you (and thank you everybody!). I really doubt I'll qualify, since the contestants vote for each other and no one knows me. It's like a popularity contest, so I get up and sing what I like. ^_^ I have a very wide range of songs I do... Melissa Etheridge, Maroon 5, show tunes, standards, classic rock, pop (even Britney Spears, even though I don't like her, because she has some good songs), I've even done classical operatic like "The Prayer" because a friend asked me to sing it with him. I sing a lot of stuff!

And DTD doesn't have karaoke, I think probably because of the stigma that it carries. People generally tend to think that a place that does karaoke is less classy than one that doesn't, and DTD does have a certain "rep" that it's trying to uphold. I don't think that karaoke would be something it would engage in... At least, not at this point in time.

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRedAngel View Post
    Thank you (and thank you everybody!). I really doubt I'll qualify, since the contestants vote for each other and no one knows me. It's like a popularity contest, so I get up and sing what I like. ^_^ I have a very wide range of songs I do... Melissa Etheridge, Maroon 5, show tunes, standards, classic rock, pop (even Britney Spears, even though I don't like her, because she has some good songs), I've even done classical operatic like "The Prayer" because a friend asked me to sing it with him. I sing a lot of stuff!

And DTD doesn't have karaoke, I think probably because of the stigma that it carries. People generally tend to think that a place that does karaoke is less classy than one that doesn't, and DTD does have a certain "rep" that it's trying to uphold. I don't think that karaoke would be something it would engage in... At least, not at this point in time.
    Bummer. I do Karaoke sometimes as well. I sing Elvis, Rat Pack tunes, some Disney (I'm a bass-baratone so I do a pretty good Gaston), and Roger Miller. From your explination, I understand now why Disney hasn't opened up a Karaoke bar. Thanks.

Sounds like you got quite a good range of songs there. . Which are your favorites to sing?

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

You should find SimplySabrina and PM her. We hate the girlfriend of one of the people we used to karaoke with. I think she would be interested in going if not tonight, I am sure we would gosome other night. I'll send her the thread.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I wish this wasnt so far! I love karaoke.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I wish this wasnt so far! I love karaoke.
    Alex's bar in Long Beach does punk-rockaoke one night a week. I haven't been, but I heard its pretty sweet!
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    Alex's bar in Long Beach does punk-rockaoke one night a week. I haven't been, but I heard its pretty sweet!
    Yeeeeeeeeah, thats kinda far and would take me hours to get there on a weeknight.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Yeeeeeeeeah, thats kinda far and would take me hours to get there on a weeknight.
    Thats what you get for living in Ventura County...
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post

Sweet. We have a place here in San Francisco that punk-goth called Annies. Great place. It's a little hole in the wall place that looks like something straight out of a Oingo Boing video. I usually go there for Kareoke.

Bummer. I do Karaoke sometimes as well. I sing Elvis, Rat Pack tunes, some Disney (I'm a bass-baratone so I do a pretty good Gaston), and Roger Miller. From your explination, I understand now why Disney hasn't opened up a Karaoke bar. Thanks.

Sounds like you got quite a good range of songs there. . Which are your favorites to sing?

Yeah, I doubt Disney would put one up any time soon. In fact, one of the venues that this particular contest was performing at kicked us out because they just redid the menu and hired some swanky gourmet chefs for the kitchen, and they didn't think that "karaoke" would attract the type of clientele they were trying to promote. A cruddy thing to do to us on their part, especially since the contestants were all buying food and drinks and now they'll tell all their friends not to go there, but hey, that's business.

Some I like to sing...
    "Angels Would Fall" - Melissa Etheridge
    "Harder to Breathe" - Maroon 5
    "You Must Love Me" - Madonna
    "Someone Like You" - Jekyll and Hyde
    "Hand in my Pocket" - Alanis Morisette
    "Out Tonight" - Rent
    "At Last" - Ella Fitzgerald
    "Disease" - Matchbox 20
    "Black Velvet" - Allanah Mylles
    "Don't Stop Believing" - um... my mind has gone blank on the name...
    ...oh, there's so many more... I love singing.

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRedAngel View Post
    Yeah, I doubt Disney would put one up any time soon. In fact, one of the venues that this particular contest was performing at kicked us out because they just redid the menu and hired some swanky gourmet chefs for the kitchen, and they didn't think that "karaoke" would attract the type of clientele they were trying to promote. A cruddy thing to do to us on their part, especially since the contestants were all buying food and drinks and now they'll tell all their friends not to go there, but hey, that's business.

Some I like to sing...
    "Angels Would Fall" - Melissa Etheridge
    "Harder to Breathe" - Maroon 5
    "You Must Love Me" - Madonna
    "Someone Like You" - Jekyll and Hyde
    "Hand in my Pocket" - Alanis Morisette
    "Out Tonight" - Rent
    "At Last" - Ella Fitzgerald
    "Disease" - Matchbox 20
    "Black Velvet" - Allanah Mylles
    "Don't Stop Believing" - um... my mind has gone blank on the name...
    ...oh, there's so many more... I love singing.
    I think that was done by Journey.

Awesome songs. I'm sorry I'm going to miss the event. I would love to hear you sing. . Btw.. great Bat's day picture. When I first heard about Bats Day I was hopeing to go, but now I think I'm too old. lol!!!

I think that was done by Journey.

Awesome songs. I'm sorry I'm going to miss the event. I would love to hear you sing. . Btw.. great Bat's day picture. When I first heard about Bats Day I was hopeing to go, but now I think I'm too old. lol!!!
    Journey! That's it! ^_^

If you're ever at a meet and see me, I'll ham it up just for you. ^_^ And thanks! Fishy has a great eye for photography. As for being to old, I'll tell you the same thing about Bats Day as I tell people who think that Character Breakfasts are just for kids... You're NEVER too old for fun!! ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast