Grr.... ranting.

My apologies if this is not the correct section for this, but I just need to vent/hear what people think I guess...

In August, about a week before my mom, brother and I were planning on driving from NJ down to FL for school, I was driving to the dentist and got into an accident. The intersection I got hit at is pretty busy all day long, and there have already been tons of accidents there so I know to stay alert and drive carefully, cause who wants to get in an accident? I remember distinctly that as I was approaching the intersection (the part of the road I was on was actually a little hill as well) I saw that a lady was about to turn out into the intersection, so I slowed down, but then I saw that she stopped turning out because I guess a car was coming from the opposite direction of me and she decided she didn't have enough time to turn out. Well, I guess after that car passed or something, she turned out into the intersection, but I hadn't passed yet so our cars collided. (Sorry in advance if none of this makes sense, as you can tell it's hard to describe haha)

I was pretty pissed, and rightfully so I would think, and I got out of the car, etc. waited for the police to get there and all of that jazz. Now, I'm 75% sure she said "sorry" to me and that she did take the blame. I'm fairly sure I remember thinking "wow, if I was her I definitely would NOT have taken blame" because I know you're not supposed to do that in this situation blah blah blah (Thank you Intro to Law class!)

Well now it's 2 months later, and my mom just informed me that the lady is saying it's MY fault and that she didn't see me cause I was travelling too fast. In a couple of weeks I'm going to have to speak with an insurance agent and tell them my side of the story. I'll tell them what I am sure of, of how the lady intitally hesitated before turning into the intersection, etc. But do I tell them that she apologized and took the blame, since I'm not 100% sure of what she said?

This is all pretty annoying, and she's probably blaming me because I'm sure someone is pretty upset that a brand new Acura SUV was totaled.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Grr.... ranting.

Let me see if I understand. You were driving in one direction and she was driving towards you but wanted to make a left? You went (cause you had a green light) and she turned into you. Is that what happened?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I've had to do this before. Just hang tough and tell it JUST as it happened and how the lady said she was sorry. Just be truthful.

Let me/us know how it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Let me see if I understand. You were driving in one direction and she was driving towards you but wanted to make a left? You went (cause you had a green light) and she turned into you. Is that what happened?
    Well that's the problem with this intersection, there's no lights haha..

Okay, I was driving North (I dunno if I was really driving north, but for the sake of easily describing what happened let's say I was) and there are no stop signs, on the stretch of road I was on, so I had the right of way. The lady who hit me was East in relation to me, and had a stop sign.

Does that help better explain?

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

She was making a left turn and needed to yeild to cars going straight. Her fault. The insurance company will know that, so IMO its not your fault.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by ieffectfor_disney View Post
    Okay, I was driving North (I dunno if I was really driving north, but for the sake of easily describing what happened let's say I was) and there are no stop signs, on the stretch of road I was on, so I had the right of way. The lady who hit me was East in relation to me, and had a stop sign.

Does that help better explain?
    So, she was on a cross-street from you, not the same street from you? You had no stopsign or light or anything, and she DID have a stopsign?

That's pretty much the most important thing: if she had the stopsign, she has to yield. Doesn't matter why she stopped and started out again, she was probably staring the other way (at the car coming towards you on the street you were on) and didn't think to look the other way, towards you. Sucks to be her, but it was her fault.

That being said, if you WERE speeding, yeah, they can pin partial blame on that... but I wouldn't think it would be much. What did the police say at the time?
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer