• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Question Professional Question

What do you do when you have been with a company for near 4 years - you were the first 'hire' and developed the department and how it 'flows' and for two years they tell you they want you to train to be promoted. You attempt on several occasions to get training and they squash it over and over again. I get RAVE quarterly/yearly reviews......my Manager even told me I have an excellent attitude and she wishes the office was filled with people like me who have my diligence, kind attitude, team spirit, etc and so on.

Do I contact HR and ask why I haven't been promoted or do I just pick up and move on?

• Banned User

Re: Professional Question

I would most difinatly ask your boss, and if need be HR . if you have been there 4 years, have rave reviews and such you need to move up now. I would go ask questions . good luck, I am rooting for you!!!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I would start looking for a new job, that way you have some leverage, and if they still don't budge at least you have a safety net.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice. I have a meeting next Tuesday Morning - department meeting. I am announcing to them that I am attempting to get a 2nd job - which I am. My wife and I together had a good income, but I don't want her to go back to work if we can help it - so I am willing to work a second job in hopes that she won't have to do this.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I have a meeting next Tuesday Morning - department meeting. I am announcing to them that I am attempting to get a 2nd job - which I am. My wife and I together had a good income, but I don't want her to go back to work if we can help it - so I am willing to work a second job in hopes that she won't have to do this.
    your a good man, I will be praying you get that promotion and a big step up. its great for moms to stay home if possible for the first several years. I wish I had been able to do that, I am rooting for you big time. And what a beautiful baby boy!!!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My wife and I don't see the sense in her working so she can use that income to pay for childcare - and then come out with maybe a $100 each pay period. Seems senseless - and you never really know who's out there caring (or not caring) for your kids. That's our feeling, at least.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Have Mom stay with your child....very important that you and her raise your little boy and not some stranger. Have her be there for him as long as possible....if it can be done, right through the school years, so he'll always come home after school and have his Mom there.

As far as the job, if they've been putting off the promotion for almost 2 years...it's time to move on. Doesn't look like there going to follow through, and that's not really a big surprise now a days.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• I'm your huckleberry.

Talk to your boss and HR for sure. It never hurts to look for other jobs on a regular basis anyway.

As far as the second job... it is great for mom to stay home for the first couple of years. But remember that your son needs you too. If having a second job will take away too much time from your family, that's a consideration as well. Sometimes there are other options, like scaling back lifestyle expenses, mom doing work from the home, etc.

I know you're thinking of doing the best thing for your family. Just know that if you HAVE to turn to day care, there are millions of healthy, happy, well-adjusted children who went to day care when they were little. Using day care if needed is not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

There are plenty of jobs mom can do at home. Also, keep in mind that many companies offer on site daycare so you can visit junior on breaks.

I agree with Hyper that Daycare is not the worst thing you can do as a parent. There are many wonderful daycare facilities out there. My mom ran a daycare out of her home for 10 years and I can tell you that our kids couldn't not have gotten better care or stimulation anywhere else. In the end, you have your family to think about and if both of you have to work to support that family, you shouldn't feel guilty about it.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
    There are plenty of jobs mom can do at home. Also, keep in mind that many companies offer on site daycare so you can visit junior on breaks.

I agree with Hyper that Daycare is not the worst thing you can do as a parent. There are many wonderful daycare facilities out there. My mom ran a daycare out of her home for 10 years and I can tell you that our kids couldn't not have gotten better care or stimulation anywhere else. In the end, you have your family to think about and if both of you have to work to support that family, you shouldn't feel guilty about it.

Good point. My parents had to work so my Dad's mom, Grandma Teresa, cared for us. You can't get much better than that - having that luxury. I was quite close to my Grandma Teresa - she passed this February.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Have Mom stay with your child....very important that you and her raise your little boy and not some stranger.
    I've tried all morning not to reply to this, but I'm going to anyway.

Yes, it's wonderful to stay home--I stay home. I have for almost six years now. But the person who watches and interacts and loves your child while you're at work is not a stranger. Sure, they're not you, the parents, but certainly no stranger.

Your child will bond with whoever cares for him, so if your wife must work, as long as you have a fantastic daycare provider for your beautiful baby, you're a lucky family.

Good luck figuring out your job situation! We made some major life changes so I could stay home. I was teaching--basically just covering childcare, so I quit to stay home with our three kids.

• Banned User

Guess what? my sister decided if she was going to stay home with the kids she would clean houses, so she took the baby to work and did house cleaning and the baby was with her thru each job, she made 15.00 an hour and she loves it. She still does it and the kids are all in school now. This to may be an option. she can take baby and make money

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    Guess what? my sister decided if she was going to stay home with the kids she would clean houses, so she took the baby to work and did house cleaning and the baby was with her thru each job, she made 15.00 an hour and she loves it. She still does it and the kids are all in school now. This to may be an option. she can take baby and make money
    Very interesting idea!

• Mexihick, y'all

I do not think that you contact HR, period. HR is there to support you in every step of the way but that does not mean that they know why you're not getting a raise or a promotion. You need to talk to your direct supervisor and find out what the hold up is, and if there is something YOU need to do on your end to help you towards your end goal.