Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

What helps tooth pain?

What do you do/take for extreme tooth pain? I've got at least one very painful tooth (can't call dentist until tomorrow and even then who knows when i'll get an appointment), and I don't want to take too much asprin for it, but it's becoming painful to eat anything, what can I do??
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Was it magical for you?

Re: What helps tooth pain?

go to a drug store and look for clove oil, it usually comes with a kit with small cotton balls you can put on your tooth.It kinda numbs it and helps it feel better, I used it on my wisdom teeth before i could get to a dentist.
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Orajel or Ambesol works.

• Banned User

I start to take antibiotics right away! then I get to the dentist as soon as possible, Audry, I am so sorry hon, I hope you can get in fast! try many dentists if they can not take you in, its important you get in before it gets infected

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

For my toothaches, I let mother nature take care of them. But you should still get an x-ray taken by the dentist. Nothing that I had to manually apply worked for over fifteen seconds of time. I guess I am that type of person .

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    For my toothaches, I let mother nature take care of them. But you should still get an x-ray taken by the dentist. Nothing that I had to manually apply worked for over fifteen seconds of time. I guess I am that type of person .
    How does mother nature take care of a tooth ache?

• Huh?

Toothpick or floss to get rid of that piece of steak that's been causing the ache always helps me.

That's seriously only one of two kinds of tooth aches I've ever had. The other is related to my jaw problems.

I would suggest Orajel to help numb the tooth, though. That's what I usually use with any kind of mouth aches.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

my husband says orajel works great.

i'd also advise against taking Aspirin for anything, unless its prescribed by your doctor in a low dose for anticoagulation therapy or heart health. Aspirin can thin your blood to dangerous levels if you take too much or too often. Stick with either NSAIDS (like ibuprofen) or Tylenol. But make sure you dont' take more than 4 grams of tylenol in 24hrs, it can damage your liver if you do.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Hope you don't have to have a root canal. Unfortunately that's what happened to me when I had a toothache this past spring. Hope I never have to get another again.... I got sick from the Tylenol 3 they prescribed me for the pain.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

^ if the T3's made you sick, make sure you mention that as an allergy whenever seeing antoher MD or dentist. Its most likely the Codeine portion that made you feel ill so you're going to feel better if you avoid it.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    my husband says orajel works great.

Stick with either NSAIDS (like ibuprofen) or Tylenol. But make sure you dont' take more than 4 grams of tylenol in 24hrs, it can damage your liver if you do.
    That's what i've been taking, it doesn't help alot, but it gets me through the night once I fall asleep. I try to bear with it during the day and just take 2 ib at night.
    Will call dentist in the morning, if no openings, then i'll ask what I should take to help with the pain until I can get in, cause I can't concentrate in school with it.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Island Paradise

Most dentists have an emergency dr on hand. If you are waiting until tomorrow and you are in pain, they should get you in right away. Don't wait...it will only get rapidly worse.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oh girl, I am WITH YOU on the tooth pain!!!

I take Motin, as much as the doage says. And Orajel has this liquid stuff that I use to numb the tooth. It numbs the whole mouth aand I hate it but what can ya do.

Um and alcohol sure eases the pain too

Your dentist should be able to get you in, if not, find another one!!! My dentist can always fit me in (in fact that's how I first found him) and he is seriously booked for months. Good luck. I hope it's not too serious!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• white and nerdy

I suffer from tooth pain quite a lot as well...

Apart from what others have said (clove oil, oragell, pain medication) to get instant relief I use cold compresses.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

•   
    • I <3 o

yep, painkillers and oragel, but oragel makes you drooly so don't use too much. But try wearing a thin coat of it as chapstick, it feels funny
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast