Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• :)

SPRINT - Costumer Service

Ok now...I know what good customer service is, and I can honestly say the Sprint company does not...About 5 weeks ago my cell phone would constantly go into "roaming", Every two minutes, if I was on the phone for five minutes the phone would cut out and go into roaming...it has now become a major issue, going into a temporary-permenant "roam" as I enter my neighborhood (home) as well as work until I depart these places....(not being able to use your phone at work or in your own household is rediculous). I have other members of my household which also use the Sprint Network, so when I called tech support "611" and went through the one hour of wait to hear the Technician tell me it was because they turned their Service towers and theres nothing they could do about it was complete BS, I had told him he was wrong because everybody else I live with also uses sprint and they have Full Service coverage here and everywhere else...The technician than goes on to tell me I would have to go into a Branch (ha! there is'nt a branch anywhere in the 10-15 mile radius of my home or work place) Yet...there is a Cingular & Verizon vendor in every mall and on ever corner. The technician now tells me I also dont have Damage Coverage / Insurance on my phone, yet...I do have coverage on my phone (which is automatically added onto my cell phone bill every month) He than told me again that I must go into a branch and figure that out. SOoooo... Today I took the journey to the closest Sprint store to my home (Long Beach off of Carson)

When I got into the Sprint branch I was met by a very rude women who stares at me the entire time, first I browse at which new phones they have...she had her shirt untucked, hair not done, obviously hung-over or something....We make eye contact finally and she throws her arms up and says to me "Are you gonna sign in or what?" I tell her my problem and she goes "doubt theres anything we can do for you, but you can wait in the line for the tech's and see what they can do for you". (The line had 6 people infront of me, and only one technician). I had now been in line for 45 minutes, Now with 5 people infront of me! and she comes over to me and says "Just come over here i'll help you" and takes me to another service counter...she looks up my info on the computer and tells me I have no insurance and it's gonna cost alot to fix my phone. I told her to revise my cellular bill and I do have insurance on my phone. She kept calling me James, my name is nowhere near James....She than reads a statement off the computer from the tech where he had told her my problem, on the statement it said my name was Chad...Again, my name is nothing close to Chad...she tells me she can put the order in to fix my phone and it's gonna be awhile and it's gonna cost me...I told her to forget it, and i'll take it up with customer support, I smiled and thanked her for her service and left the store with a pleasing look on my face...totaly in awe in my head...

Now driving home I'm on the phone with Sprint Customer Support....I wanted to speak with somebody about the customer service they have in that branch and how rude they we're...The women I was speaking with says "aight gimme ya complaint i'll tell em for you". (Yea Right, is this women joking?) I now go on to tell her that I would like to make the complaint myself and to speak with either a customer service manager or Coorporate manager about the issue with my phone and the horrible customer service inside the branch. This women now goes on to tell me "Well there not here and I cant give you any numbers so you're going to have to write an E-Mail".....Are you joking? An E-Mail? This is a phone company and I cannot even speak with a Customer Service Manager or Coorporate over the phone? I got the womens name I spoke with...I doubt my complaint will do anything though.

I've had nothing but bad service with this company and I was curious if anybody else has...Am I crazy? Or is Sprint's problem with my phone not my fault and why should I have to pay for it? If it's the phone which is messed up & not inflicted by me, simply a glitch in the phone I dont believe I should be held responsible and practically punished for this by having to pay a charge of (from what I heard) $50.00 minimum. to figure out the problem and possibly fix it....So fed up with sprint I'm ready to cut out of my contract and go back to Cingular...

• Shablagoo!

Re: SPRINT - Costumer Service

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM View Post
    I now go on to tell her that I would like to make the complaint myself and to speak with either a customer service manager or Coorporate manager about the issue with my phone and the horrible customer service inside the branch. This women now goes on to tell me "Well there not here and I cant give you any numbers so you're going to have to write an E-Mail".....Are you joking? An E-Mail? This is a phone company and I cannot even speak with a Customer Service Manager or Coorporate over the phone? I got the womens name I spoke with...I doubt my complaint will do anything though.

Its sounds like you are dealing with the Sprint side of things, instead of the NExtel side. I worked for the NExtel side, so it is probably different. However, there is one thing I can tell you. There is no way to speak to the Corporate people. By Corporate people I am referring to the people in the offices who make all the decisions. The representatives you call do not have a number for the corporate offices. It used to be that there was a corporate office number on the webpage, but all it did was transfer you to customer care not the corporate office. An email may make it to someone, but it may be lost amongst the piles they get everyday. When I worked for SPrint Nextel we could get inforamtion on a bad store and email it to our supervisor, who could send it off to a group who investigated those things, but that was all we could do. I quit because of the amount of anger I had to deal with from customers and the lack of support from the corporate level. I wihs you luck in getting your issue resolved.

Thanks...when I was inside the store everybody was irate who was in line and dealing with their service...There was also an elderly lady they charged because the charger she bought for her phone was broke and they had to re-stock it and replace her phone because no charger was working for it...it was rediculous, When I was with Cingular i never had an issue not once...they we're so nice and would always replace anything free of charge or deduct it from my bill...I miss service like this, since you did work with the company though is there any way I could get out of my contract due to lack of cooporation from the company and how furious I am with them? I really dont feel like being charged the $200 + dollars for dropping out of a contract..their just rediculous.

I would try e-mail, but this rarely will make it past the first person who reads it and will most likely be lost among the rest or never forewarded...I just couldnt believe the lack of customer care & good service...this is what happens when you work at disneyland for so long, your standards of what good service is go up insanely high and when you have to deal with situations like this you really get to see what other places service is like, blah...I wish disney had a phone company, i'd never have a problem...

• love my friends

go to t mobile ok ok hubby works for t mobile

Friends for life

I used to have a problem with Sprint, but no more. things got better. I, too, was going into roaming mode in the strangest places. Like I would be in the grocery store, turn a corner, and be roaming - go back the other way and be okay - turn onto my street and be roaming, into my driveway and be okay.
    The oddest thing is that my kids' phones didn't do that!
    Sprint fixed it - it was something in the programming of my phone, like it was sent for Sprint Only towers or something and not set to pick up on other carrier towers. Make sense?

Anyway, go to a Sprint store early in the day when they aren't so busy, or even to a Radio Shack and they should help you fix it.
    Good luck!

• Minion

Sprint sucks hands down. I had them for two years and couldn't wait for my contract to end. Any company is better than they are!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Yeah Corporate would just hang up on you. Go with Cingular, they're better.

*cough*I work for them*cough*
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
    • debating what to put here

huh, I've been with them for almost 3 years and have never had one serious problem with them. All of my contacts with customer service, which have been few and far between have been positive. Plus I get great coverage where I am. The only place I ever seem to lose coverage is in certain parts of DL.

Perhaps I've just been very lucky but I really have no desire to change.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Minion

I would roam literally going from room to room in my house...

MBC, I think you really ARE the lucky one

•   
    • debating what to put here

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post

I suppose. The only time I've ever been alerted to roaming charges was when I was up in the mountains at Disneyphile's wedding, which seemed perfectly understandable.

Maybe I just don't get out much.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Yeah Corporate would just hang up on you. Go with Cingular, they're better.

*cough*I work for them*cough*

Ha.. a little biased there!

I think Cingular is ok...to many dropped calls for my taste but other than that...its pretty good.

• xmanmom

Have hated both Cingular (When they were still SBC) and T-Mobile. Sorry. Love my Verizon. No crazy charges out of nowhere (like with SBC) and no reception so bad that I had to leave my house to make a call (like with T-Mobile). Just good reception and a bill that is constant from month to month.

Sorry you are going through this. Hope it gets worked out.

• Minion

I have sprint, for some reason my bill this month was 80 dollars, just for my phone
    They made a mistake but we got it fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post

Same here, and I look at my phone everyday when I enter and leave my neighborhood...and it's so strange...and it makes me mad! GRR... Ok so literally the instant I turn the corner into my neighborhood it goes "ding!" and into roaming, the second i leave "ding!" and back out of roaming...last night I needed to use my cell phone and I had to get into my car and leave my neighborhood to make a phone call....Not a happy camper! you guys are lucky....everytime I call I get an angry or a women in a bad mood...they all sound so depressed also and the sound and quality of your vocation on the phone really matter...they always sound and act as if they could care less about me and it sucks =( do you guys think theres any way of me getting out of my contract through a serious complaint?

I too have this problem. May I say...I hate Sprint! Ugh their idea of customer service is a joke. Last month we added a phone and upgraded our service contract to add more minutes, so when I get the bill.. they charge me for Both plans! Both plans for a single month. Needless to say that bill is now in dispute, and I had to go into a branch to do it.
    Whenever I call their service line I get cut off.
    Whenever someone calls me, they get the all circuts are busy message. My own mother can not call me from a land line. I really hate them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast