Thread: Career Move?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Sad Career Move?

This is a WAY pathetic thread topic, but my job has gotten to be more than I can handle. While I was out on Paternity Leave, a person covered my desk. Prior to my departure, I was THE FAVORITE with the people I work with off-site in Salt Lake City. They loved me and told me often how they loved my support and diligence and teamwork to 'get the job done'.

I come back, and now I am DOG CRAP. In the past week, they have attempted to throw me 'under the bus' several times. After working with this particular group for almost 3 years, this is quite hurtful because we have a 'friendship'. My manager has been great in attempting to help me out with pulling me OUT from under the bus.......but regardless, it's still not fun.

It might be a lost cause, but I was wondering if anyone know if there was any career opportunities out there that you might be aware of. I Need to move on.

Let me know if you can or even want too. Willing to commute to some locations if I have too. I have a resume to upload as well if need be.

Thanks.

• love my friends

Re: Career Move?

I know t mobile is always looking for people (hubby works there) in sales, customer service, etc.. My hubby is a switch tech in vegas.. I dont know what they need here though.. you could always look at thier web page

sorry to hear about your situation.. it has to be hard

Friends for life

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    I know t mobile is always looking for people (hubby works there) in sales, customer service, etc.. My hubby is a switch tech in vegas.. I dont know what they need here though.. you could always look at thier web page

sorry to hear about your situation.. it has to be hard
    Thank you - I'll have to check into that.

I've needed to move on for awhile now, because they have pigeon-holed me into non-move up status -

The current events are just fuel to the fire.

• I'm your huckleberry.

What do you do for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    What do you do for a living?

yes i guess that would be a good question to ask?? i forgot to?? hmmmmmmmm

Friends for life

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I have been in the mortgage banking industry full time for the past 16 years (oh my gosh? 16 years?) I didn't take it too seriously until my late 20's as it being my 'career' because I figured something else was going to 'come along'. Then I realized 'it's what I know'.

I was in Sales and Sales Support for years.

The job I have now I took for the sheer purpose of needing a job and it was 3 miles from home - no more 91 freeway - but I was told I'd move up really fast since there was only 11 people in the office then - and now there are lke 70.

So, Mortgage Banking is my background.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

I am so sorry to hear about this. I know you have your beautiful new baby to consider. It is terrible that you lost status for going on Paternity Leave! I could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like. It's awful to go from being a favorite to the bottom of the heap, after your hard work and the realtionships you have developed there.

I hope you will hear of something soon.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Another question.... how far are you willing to commute? I think there may be some positions at my company which could fit the bill, but I don't want to suggest them if it's too far a drive/Metrolink trip for you. We're in Westlake Village.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    I am so sorry to hear about this. I know you have your beautiful new baby to consider. It is terrible that you lost status for going on Paternity Leave! I could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like. It's awful to go from being a favorite to the bottom of the heap, after your hard work and the realtionships you have developed there.

I hope you will hear of something soon.

And everytime I get a "kudo" type of email - for job well done - I print it. I must have about 200 of those - the most recent just before I left on Paternity Leave.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    Another question.... how far are you willing to commute? I think there may be some positions at my company which could fit the bill, but I don't want to suggest them if it's too far a drive/Metrolink trip for you. We're in Westlake Village.
    Hmmm.......interesting - that IS a long way. But who knows. Is there a website for your company that you might be willing to share?

I've already send apps/resume's to 3 places.....so we'll see what happens.

I really don't want to do anything before Christmas - so I don't lose out on my bonus - but whatever is supposed to happen is supposed to happen.

• Senior Minion

You could always take a look at the openings where I work. If you have a good accounting background there are plenty of openings that pop up.

https://lausdjobs.lausd.k12.ca.us/appv1/main/

Look towards the top left and click on Current Openings & Upcoming Openings. See if there is anything there that you might be interested in, and you can't beat the benefits!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Hmmm.......interesting - that IS a long way. But who knows. Is there a website for your company that you might be willing to share?
    I'll PM you the info. Not really excited about putting my place of work on the internet for all to see. I can tell you that we have a wonderful work environment here, and salaries and bonuses are fantastic.

• love my friends

I have been in the mortgage banking industry full time for the past 16 years (oh my gosh? 16 years?) I didn't take it too seriously until my late 20's as it being my 'career' because I figured something else was going to 'come along'. Then I realized 'it's what I know'.

I was in Sales and Sales Support for years.

The job I have now I took for the sheer purpose of needing a job and it was 3 miles from home - no more 91 freeway - but I was told I'd move up really fast since there was only 11 people in the office then - and now there are lke 70.

So, Mortgage Banking is my background.
    you know there is a housing boom here in vegas (this is why we moved from california)..... you could look online for jobs in vegas (of course that would mean moving) but its a thought anyways

Friends for life

• Wasn't Me!

I really don't want to do anything before Christmas - so I don't lose out on my bonus - but whatever is supposed to happen is supposed to happen.
    I used to work for a placement agency and it is probably best for you to hang on until the end of the year. There are a lot of people out there that are hanging on to their positions for the same reason that you are. Everyone is waiting for their christmas bonus!

From what I have seen in the placement world is, the job market is usually better after the first of the year.

That will probably be your best bet.