Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Virginia is for lovers....and llamas.

I am sorry, I wish you could move ! but if you ever come this way you can have a good time and enjoy the snow. heck I wil take you to the local ski resorts, there pretty close by ( closest one is 49 miles away, and the next one is about 96 miles away. I love the snow, the cold I have a hard time dealing with, but I do appreciate the sun when it shines. I love the fact we do not get to hot, and if we do the nights are cold here. heck all summer if the days are to hot, then open your windows and the house is cold by morning. its usually around 45 to 50 degree's at night all summer long. I do not need air conditioning, I open up the windows at night, and shut the house up during the day, all summer my house was 68 degree's inside. I love it! the snow does get a bit tiring, but again if you have kids its great since there all about snow sledding, or ice skating ( which reminds me I better go get the kids new ones) and of course the love to make forts, and snowmen. in about a month you will see my avatar with the kids and the new snowman in the front yard

• Banned User

you can get nice houses in town for pretty cheap here, thats why a lot of californians move here. I did see that the housing market has gone way up because of this fact. we have some very big stars living in montana, and singers, and of course ted turner who bought out the whole state.

• Man O Lantern

I'd also move if I could. That's just my nature though. Portland is wonderful, our neighborhood is fantastic....but I'd move to the east coast in a sec!

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post

BEST.TRIP.REPORT.EVER.

Also, a huge "thank you" to penguinsoda for bringing this llama heavy report to my attention. I now have a new location to add to my wish list. What could make a vacation any more perfect than llamas?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

You're welcome!

i just love the way they "groom" them where they have fluffy legs!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I think why I love Virginia and North Carolina (and Pennsylvania!) countryside is the lack of evergreen trees.

I can't stand them--especially in the fall when they really just look icky compared to maples (and pretty much any other tree).

And I live in Oregon. Not quite the Evergreen State (that's our neighbor to the north) but we only have 1 "pretty" tree for every 10000 evergreens here.

Also, our fall here is so brief. It lasts for about ten days if we're lucky. This year it was even shorter because it stormed for a week of those ten days. The leaves changed colors and it rained and blew until they were gone.
    Yeah, I hate all the ever green trees to ! we are loaded here, and not many pretty trees to be had. I wish we had maple tree's and other beautiful trees, nothing grows here except ever greens and aspen. I hate aspen tree;s

• Sailing Away

What part of VA were you visiting? My Dad grew up in the Shendandoah valley.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sealsm View Post
    What part of VA were you visiting? My Dad grew up in the Shendandoah valley.
    The Shenadoah valley was right across the Blue Mountain ridge which you can see from their backyard. They live in Loudon Country in the Leesburg area. There's nothing like going over that ridge when the setting sun catches the leaves that are changing, and that view of the Shenandoah valley is amazing.

My friend showed me some properties that would be a straight trade for the home we have now....and man oh man.

If I just had a job back there...and didn't mind the fact that I'd be ripping my kids away from their friends, and family, and ...and....

So yeah. Maybe when I retire.

• Sailing Away

Beautiful place, thanks.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12