• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Support the Troops for the Holidays

Well, I am doing this again this year hoping that some of the people here from Mice Chat will be able to print out and send our posts to members in the military for the holiday.

I think it is only right that we give the men and women overseas thanks for doing what they are doing for us. Hopefully, since they can not be home to enjoy the holidays with their families, they will enjoy reading our posts to them.

I also found a website made by Xerox in which you can click on a card you want to send the troops, and then that card will be printed out and sent to a soldier in Iraq.
    Here is the link if you are interested:
    http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home.html

I personally have the 100% respect for the men and women fighting for us and my thoughts and prayers go out to them, especially during this upcoming holiday season. Thank you very much boys and girls who are overseas fighting for our freedom, and I hope you know that you are not forgotten here on Mice Chat.

Now it's your turn chatters.
    (Feel free to print out these posts and send them to anybody in the military, Navy, army, etc. that you know .)

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Support the Troops for the Holidays

My brother-in-law was in Iraq last Thanksgiving, Christmas and all the way through just beyond Easter. My wife and I got together a big package of 'Christmas' stuff and sent it to he and his troop in Iraq. They appreciated it so much.

Bro-in-law is home in the States now - and actually he and the family are out here visiting us and meeting the baby and such.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Cool . You should have him read this thread sometime .

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I think this is definatly the best time to start this thread because of Veterans Day and the President just dedicated a museum to those serving in the military today.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I don't have family in the military any longer. I am looking for some personal way (not via internet) that I can get the kids in my class involved in helping the moral overseas as a holiday project in the upcoming months. Does anyone know where we could send letters, gift packages, etc.? I don't know were to begin...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I wish I could give you that info, but I don't have it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

My great grandfather was in WWII, my uncle was in Korea and another uncle was in Vietnam.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I don't have family in the military any longer. I am looking for some personal way (not via internet) that I can get the kids in my class involved in helping the moral overseas as a holiday project in the upcoming months. Does anyone know where we could send letters, gift packages, etc.? I don't know were to begin...
    my daughters whole school is sending gifts, and small packages to the soldiers. they made up all these shoe boxes filled with gifts, goodies and such for them. I think like 500 boxes so far.

• Banned User

Supporting the troops but not the reason they're there or the guy who sent them there.

I'm a Marine brat by the way, got two uncles over there right now.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    my daughters whole school is sending gifts, and small packages to the soldiers. they made up all these shoe boxes filled with gifts, goodies and such for them. I think like 500 boxes so far.
    That's great and what I'm thinking of. Now how do I go about it?

• love my friends

This is such a great idea wrassler.. as you know I am canadian but I support the american troups 100%

Friends for life

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

My partner and I were discussing something similar here last night. Seems Fort Carson by us is massively expanding and we were wondering what we could do for all the families that would be moving to our area.

Of course, the military doesn't want us to exist, but that's their problem, not ours. We want to help.

They spoke of hosting families and thought that might an option. BBQ anyone? In the snow? Don't drop your burger, that's the only thing...

DW, if you do find anything about writing to the men and women overseas, let me know. I'll do some research too. Might be something we can do with the writing group. A series of letters to younger members, so they know they aren't alone, kinda thing.

I would be more then willing to write some.

Thanks for the thread,
    Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    That's great and what I'm thinking of. Now how do I go about it?
    how about contacting this group? http://www.opgratitude.com/