Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Question Question about dry skin

I have been getting dry, flakey skin around my eyelid areas and between my eyebrows for about a month now. It's getting quite irritating. I've been using baby lotion and Oil of Olay to 'moisturize' - but not sure why this is happening anyway.

Any ideas of what it could be? Could it be that my skin is just changing as I age?

I wear contact lenses and at first I thought it was my lens solution...but I stopped wearing them for a bit just to monitor my skin......and some days its worse than others and some days its not even noticeable.

Any home remedy ideas???

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Question about dry skin

I have dry skin from washing my hands to much. So my question is, do you usually sweat or wash a lot in that area or something?

I just buy dry skin lotion and that works. If you were to put it around your eyes, do not use much lotion. Otherwise, if you were to use a lot of lotion it would get in your eyes.

• I'm your huckleberry.

It could just be a result of all the Santa Ana winds we've been having lately. I know my skin has been especially dry, particularly on my hands.

I suggest getting some apricot scrub to use on your face (or just use your wife's if she has some). It is pretty gentle, but will remove the dry skin. Then put on some Oil of Olay right after you shower or wash your face. It will help lock in the moisture from the shower.

If that doesn't work, check in at Bath and Body Works or Sephora. They have a LOT of really powerful moisturizers which should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I have dry skin from washing my hands to much. So my question is, do you usually sweat or wash a lot in that area or something?

I just buy dry skin lotion and that works. If you were to put it around your eyes, do not use much lotion. Otherwise, if you were to use a lot of lotion it would get in your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    It could just be a result of all the Santa Ana winds we've been having lately. I know my skin has been especially dry, particularly on my hands.

I suggest getting some apricot scrub to use on your face (or just use your wife's if she has some). It is pretty gentle, but will remove the dry skin. Then put on some Oil of Olay right after you shower or wash your face. It will help lock in the moisture from the shower.

If that doesn't work, check in at Bath and Body Works or Sephora. They have a LOT of really powerful moisturizers which should do the trick.

Thank you both. Both good ideas which I will try. The skin is quite thin and I'm afraid of wrinkles - HA HA

• Minion

OK, take it from some one who has battled dry skin all of her life. Go get some Aveeno body lotion. I started using it a couple of years ago and it changed everything. I used to get horrible, itchy, red eyelids. Now, I use the Aveeno lotion (just a little, you don't want to get it in your eye) and I never have any problem at all. I love this stuff. Costco sells a two pack, it is a really good deal.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    OK, take it from some one who has battled dry skin all of her life. Go get some Aveeno body lotion. I started using it a couple of years ago and it changed everything. I used to get horrible, itchy, red eyelids. Now, I use the Aveeno lotion (just a little, you don't want to get it in your eye) and I never have any problem at all. I love this stuff. Costco sells a two pack, it is a really good deal.
    Right on! Thank you.

What is strange is that I used to suffer from oily skin - but it seems to have stopped the overly oiliness that it once had. Could be the issue right there.

I'll check it out!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Have you changed your diet? Cut back on fat intake? You can sometimes see the side effects in your skin and hair.
    A signature should go here.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    Excellent, I would never have thought to try that in the eye area.

DD, I do think (sadly) that the cause is probably your skin changing as you are getting older, aggravated by the Santa Ana winds. You're still younger than me though!!! Moisturizing will help. And if the Aveeno doesn't do it for you, hit Sephora like Hyperbole suggested.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Have you changed your diet? Cut back on fat intake? You can sometimes see the side effects in your skin and hair.
    Very true. I'll make a log of what I eat. Good idea. I am allergic to milk - so I have been drinking Soy for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    Excellent, I would never have thought to try that in the eye area.

DD, I do think (sadly) that the cause is probably your skin changing as you are getting older, aggravated by the Santa Ana winds. You're still younger than me though!!! Moisturizing will help. And if the Aveeno doesn't do it for you, hit Sephora like Hyperbole suggested.
    Yeah - I'll be 35 in a few weeks - everyone says "Oh that's not old." I say, "Maybe so, but it's NOT 25 either." Oh well.....que sera sera.

thanks all for the helpful info!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Right now I'd trade my oily T-zone from hell for some dry skin.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Right now I'd trade my oily T-zone from hell for some dry skin.
    I used to think the same thing.....believe me.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Yeah - I'll be 35 in a few weeks - everyone says "Oh that's not old." I say, "Maybe so, but it's NOT 25 either." Oh well.....que sera sera.
    thanks all for the helpful info!
    Yep, I've got six years on 'ya. Goes by fast. I have two children and my youngest (see current avatar) was born when I was 35.

I have combination skin. I hate when it breaks out! Sometimes I'm like, hmm, break-outs or wrinkles, which is worse?! Mostly I just have laugh lines around my eyes when I smile. Never smoked, so I don't have those around-the-mouth smoker's wrinkles at least. And if I have to have 'em, I guess I'd rather have wrinkles caused from laughing than anything else!

True that 35 is not 25, but you are health-conscious and have a new baby. So what's a little dry skin? And Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming. Life is good.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    And Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming. Life is good.
    Indeed. Life IS good. Side note, my parents told us to come over for the whole day tomorrow to see the baby and 'look at him'. My wife jokinly said, "Ok - you can watch him while we take a nap." My Mom jumped in quickly with an OK!

I think we might be doing that! Funny, eh?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Indeed. Life IS good. Side note, my parents told us to come over for the whole day tomorrow to see the baby and 'look at him'. My wife jokinly said, "Ok - you can watch him while we take a nap." My Mom jumped in quickly with an OK!

I think we might be doing that! Funny, eh?
    When people offer this to you, take it!
    A signature should go here.

• Infinitized!

This is just a suggestion for skin in general... try grape seed extract vitamins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast