Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Restaurants in Denver!

Ok you Coloradoans...

When I fly in for Thanksgiving, it'll be lunchtime, and I'm going to be hungry! I haven't been to Denver in awhile so I need your help in finding a good spot my parents and I can go for lunch.

Not a chain (unless it's a local one), hopefully something healthyish. Not pricey, but not McD's!!

Thank ya!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Restaurants in Denver!

Welcome to Colorado! I used to live in Aurora and would frequent Denver eateries. But times have passed.

But my appetite for food has not changed one bit.

Neffsomethingorother (I can't spell her online screenname worth a spit) will have much more up-to-date info.

Um, what kind of food are you looking for? What area will you be in or going to? It's a major metropolis, so the breadth and width is a very wide swatch of land. If you can narrow it down, it could help us some more.

Bonnie Brae's pizzeria is good, but is it there still? The Vietnamese joint near the Tabor center, Marlowe's downtown, I mean, I could go on and on.

On the healthy side, I like Dozens (but that might be in Aurora only) and Le Peep (but that, from my understanding, has closed). The Harvest is located on Colorado Boulevard, near downtown and is really good.

I suppose I could do an internet search here in a wee bit.

Let us know and we'll help ya!
    Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Well, we'll be coming from the airport, though IIRC, they used to take back roads out there, I think. Is it still empty nearby? We'll basically be passing through on our way to the Interstate, I guess. But we can go further in... Gah, it's been so long I can barely remember where anything is!

Le Peep closed! All of them? They had the best breakfast! I guess we're looking for Americanish fare. Not pizza. They won't eat Vietnamese, I'm sure. I'll check into Dozens and The Harvest. I don't think we'll be near Auroa, though?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Mexihick, y'all

I could use some assistance with this, too. Actually, we're driving to Firestone, Colorado..outside of Longmont, but staying in Longmont.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Ill be there in Dec, luckily Ill have a "tour guide"
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

My first reaction was one of my favorite restaurants anywhere The Vesta Dipping Grill. I have only ever eaten there for dinner, but it is sooooo good.

My second choice would be Bennett's. Just about the best family restaurant in Denver, IMHO. There is one off I-70 on Peoria, so it isn't too far from the airport. It is no more than a mile south of the freeway. Great, now I am craving garlic toast and bbq sauce.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Sorry- my hunting grounds are south of your areas where you are visting.

Have a great time though.

Oh- my favorite downtown place is the Spaghetti Factory- or the Buckhorn Exchange. I don't know the Longmont area at all- though I have driven through it

If you decide to head down to my neck of the woods I would be much more useful.

• Mexihick, y'all

Where are you from where we'll be?

• Original Mice-Chatter

I live in Parker- which is south and east of Denver. I have driven past the exit to Firestone on my way to Estes Park several times- but it is north and west of where I am.

I work in Centennial- which is off I-25 and Dry Creek.

• Mexihick, y'all

Yay for having no clue of where you are describing!!

I vaguely know where Estes Park is, being that my team went up there on our "off" day after playing CSU.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

MIGO!
    When will you be in Longmont??
    I can tell you some places there and nearby (Boulder would be better, though I hear Longmont's still expanding!). What kind of food are you looking for and what type of place? Last time I was out there, there wasn't much to Firestone Guess there still isn't if you're staying in Longmont!!
    You played CSU? id you lose? ( Proud CSU grad here!!) What sport is it?

Ooh thanks for more suggestions!! I'll look 'em all up... well, I know Longmont has (or had) a spaghetti factory so that's probably out!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Migo, as for Longmont, that is considered, believe it or not, part of the metro proper (means you can call there without making in long distance) but really, it's a good ride outside of the city. Boulder would be your best choice for eateries. I can narrow it down for you, but I've not been there in years (like others, I only stop there on my way to Estes Park!).

NNL, from the airport, you'll pretty much hit I-70 and be zinging outside of town. There's NOTHING by the airport, it's in the middle of, well, nowhere. Kinda weird. You really won't be going near much--that corridor takes you through the north (and kinda yucky) end of the city and directly to the foothills and the mountains.

To get to downtown, you'd have to hit southbound I-25 and then get off at the Auraria Parkway. And depending on the traffic, that could be aggravating.

If you stay on the I-70 freeway, you'll be taken to the West, an area I don't know really well. There's been ALOT of building in that area and I'm sure you'll find something.

What is your final destination, may I ask?

Peace out!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Mexihick, y'all

Yoyo. We'll be there in December, for Xmas. Yeah, I was noticing that there was nothing to Firestone, they don't even have any options for hotels. We're traveling with our pooch, and we're pretty happy that we found a Radisson for 67/night.

As far as food goes...I'm down for anything. I'm a good burger kind of chick.

Ahem, negative. I believe we split our double header with them (softball). Dude, I sucked so bad.....we get to Fort Collins, I go to put my uni on and WHOOPSIEDAISY I had forgotten my sweatshirt and all my turtlenecks. Needless to say, I froze my ample keister off.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

There are some great restaurants in Broomfield/Westminster, which is just south of Boulder. My BIL likes a mexican place near the Westin, can't remember the name of it right now. Have to go look it up. If you are going to be in Boulder proper, you can always find a good restaurant on Pearl Street. I only ever ate there twice. Once was a bar and grill the other was a tibetan restaurant. Both were decent.

Nathan would suggest the Alfred Packer Grill and a sub shop, but I don't think they are there anymore. They were two of his favorite places when he went to CU.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Well, i know my parents short cut through some of the towns to get to the airport. Though i don't think there's much around in those towns either. Unless I'm all mixed up, which could happen However, my dad suddenly owes me big time, so I can probably beg him to go somewhere more into the city And i can't believe they haven't built around the airport yet! (BTW I DID ask them if there was someplace they wanted to eat and they never replied so...) We usually stop at Wendy's, BTW. Where that is, I have no clue!

We're going to Longmont proper!

Migo, I can let you know more places when I return. The only burger place I can think of is Chilis. Oh, and there's this great restauarnt on 3rd and main (or was!) called 3rd St grill . DELICIOUS food, I think they had burgers.

On Pearl St. i can only think of Cheescake Factory. So sad how fleeting the memory is

Oh and I think i'll send him Bennetts site (thats Mamabot!) My dad like BBQ so he might be willing to go there
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 11-15-2006 at 06:27 PM.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast