Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Surgery

  1. #1

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Surgery

    Just a note that I could use some 'prayers' from all ya'.

    I went to the surgeon this morning and my hernia is in a 'bad way' - and I will be going in for hernia surgery next Wednesday Morning, November 22.

    I'm a bit nervous about getting all kinds of stuff done at home before I go 'under the knife' but at the same time, I am in pain with the hernia, so I can't do that much.

    Anyway, just thought I'd ask you for your 'good vibes' for next Wednesday.

    Thanks ~

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a shop on Main Street
    Posts
    1,924

    Re: Surgery

    You're in my prayers. Take it easy and don't push yourself to much!!!!

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,038

    Re: Surgery

    Doesn't sound like fun hope you have a speedy recovery.

  4. #4

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,060

    Re: Surgery

    You will be in my thoughts and prayers. And as Crystal Castle said above, be sure to take it easy even now, and do keep us updated.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

  5. #5

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Surgery

    Thank you. I guess what I should also ask is "have any of you had this surgery?" What was recovery time? Etc, and so on....

  6. #6

    • Incognito
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,469
    Blog Entries
    49

    Re: Surgery

    Yes I had the surgery done in 1995 - double hernia, so I know what you're going through.

    Mine was outpatient: in at 7am out by noon. They placed wire mesh in there so now I have a bionic groin

    Hurt like a sonofabitch to walk around for a few days but they MAKE you walk around right afterwards so that it doesnt heal incorrectly.

    You'll probably need someone to put your pants on, and definitely socks because you wont be able to reach down and do that for a few days to a week.

    And forget about lifting anything for a couple weeks thats over 10lbs or so. They dont want the stitches to rip open (and neither do you).

    Have lots to read and watch on tv because you'll do that quite a bit.

    Oh and one more bit of advice. Be sure and do your DOOty (if you catch my drift) beforehand because you wont want to for a while after the surgery. BELIEVE ME!!

  7. #7

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Surgery

    I hope you have a speedy recovery. I also hope you guys have someone at home to help you and the wife out since she just had the baby.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: Surgery

    I will be praying for you and I hope you heal very quickly. and yes do your duty before hand, and take a gentle laxitive after a few days so you won't be all backed up and uncomfortable. sending my prayers up for you now

  9. #9

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Yes I had the surgery done in 1995 - double hernia, so I know what you're going through.

    Mine was outpatient: in at 7am out by noon. They placed wire mesh in there so now I have a bionic groin

    Hurt like a sonofabitch to walk around for a few days but they MAKE you walk around right afterwards so that it doesnt heal incorrectly.

    You'll probably need someone to put your pants on, and definitely socks because you wont be able to reach down and do that for a few days to a week.

    And forget about lifting anything for a couple weeks thats over 10lbs or so. They dont want the stitches to rip open (and neither do you).

    Have lots to read and watch on tv because you'll do that quite a bit.

    Oh and one more bit of advice. Be sure and do your DOOty (if you catch my drift) beforehand because you wont want to for a while after the surgery. BELIEVE ME!!
    Bionic groin! HAHAHHAH Yeah, I think that's what they have me scheduled for.

    My hernia is baseball sized and growing more and more uncomfortable. I'll be 'down' for at least 5 days I think........so I guess that's OK.

    I'm hoping to return to work on Monday, November 27 - time will tell.

    Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,657
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Surgery

    DD, you'll probably be laughing your butt off tomorrow at the avatar I will have. You'll be in my throughts and prayers .

    You just need a hug .
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 11-13-2006 at 12:58 PM.

  11. #11

    • World Traveler
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Aventura, FL
    Posts
    4,014

    Re: Surgery

    I had my surgery a few years back. It was outpatient also. The worse part (other than the pain afterwards) was that they make you pee before they release you from the hospital. I'm sure they give you drugs for the pain ... enjoy that!

  12. #12

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    DD, you'll probably be laughing your butt off tomorrow at the avatar I will have. You'll be in my throughts and prayers .

    You just need a hug .
    Right on.

    Couldn't access the "You just need a hug" thing. What was it?

  13. #13

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Surgery

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
    I had my surgery a few years back. It was outpatient also. The worse part (other than the pain afterwards) was that they make you pee before they release you from the hospital. I'm sure they give you drugs for the pain ... enjoy that!
    Hooray. Yeah, when I was 25, I had my left knee reconstructed and that night in the hospital the nurse said that if I didn't pee my midnight she was going to put a catheter in me! HELLO!? It was misery trying, but I think a catheter would have been torture.

  14. #14

    • love my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    canadian living in las vegas, nv
    Posts
    36,995

    Re: Surgery

    You will be in my thoughts and prayers during your surgery.. i am sure everything will go well.. think you will feel alot better afterwards.. remmeber we are all thinking about you

    Friends for life

  15. #15

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,797

    Re: Surgery

    I had the surgery done back in 02'. I was progressing really well with my Road racing, Then I noticed I was riding kind of "flat" per say. I seemed to be going well, but no real upswing in training.
    I had one since birth that was congenital in my abdomen probably from birth. Where I recieved the other two, who knows? Total of three at once. I had Lapriscopic. I was home by evening, but in some serious pain. The catheter was the worse part.
    I will be thinking of you.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Surgery In September
    By TikiRoomLiz in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 10:47 AM
  2. Surgery Time Is Set..........
    By StitchTT6 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 04:51 AM
  3. Help Guys! I'm going for surgery.
    By Mr.DooDah in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 09:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •