• Princess of my own world

11/13 I'm an Aunt!!!

So here's the whole story (minus all the icky stuff).

Saturday my sis, Emily, went to the hospital because she thought her water broke, but it was a false alarm. She was sent home then later began having light contractions.

On Sunday Emily began having more contractions and her water actually broke this time in the waiting room of the birthing center (good timing). So they admitted her around 2 pm Sunday afternoon. Mom, me and Devin (my 15 year old brother) were down there by 3 after getting our things together knowing it could be a long night... little did any of us know what a LONG night/day it would be.

Hours kept passing and passing. She was only a 1. The rest of the family came which made things more entertaining, but then at around 11:30 pm Sunday night Mike, my brother-in-law, comes out and says that it could be around 12 to 15 hours until she has the baby. O.O was my reaction. Everyone wanted to stay until she got an epideral (forgive my spelling) because she was only a 1.8. So yada yada, she gets her medicine and by 1:30 am Monday morning my aunt, grandma and cousins head out and will be joining us later around 8 am.

So Devin and I just run home to let our poor dogs run outside and check animals and stuff. We get back to the hospital around 3 am then pull the chairs together and sleep for 3 hours. We get woken up at around 6:45 am by Mike calling to say she's a 6 and starting to push!! I'm like finally something's happening!!

Then...at 8:04 am Monday November 13, 2006 Lydia Annabelle was born 7lbs 2 ounces, 20.5 inches.

Since my sister had an epideral for so long Lydia was a bit sluggish and after nursing actually stopped breathing...so short break down but my mom said it was totally normal because it happened to my younger cousin. So then by 9 am I got to go see my sister and hug her (she's my younger sister so it made it harder to see her in so much pain and I can't help her). Then at 10:45 I got to go see this beautiful face!!!

Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• Senior Minion

Re: 11/13 I'm an Aunt!!!

Such a cutie!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

more babies! congrats!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

yay...It is fun BEing an...Uncle...which is like being an aunt....Congrats !!!

• Banned User

Congrats!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awww... how sweeet!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

MiceChat Baby Boom. Wow that's great! Congratulations!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• most magical vaca ever

Congrats

Looks like all our Valentine Day babies are being born
    ~~~~~~

Congratulations! She is so cute!!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

She's gorgeous! And as the auntie, you are allowed to spoil her and turn her into the next Disney princess! Ready, GO!

Congratulations!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Congrats!
    Childbirth is an amazing, exhilarating, adrenaline pumping time!

Happy Auntie-hood!

• Princess of my own world

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    She's gorgeous! And as the auntie, you are allowed to spoil her and turn her into the next Disney princess! Ready, GO!
    Trust me, I've all ready started.

Thanks everybody! It's so exciting. It's so hard though not to go crazy and buy her every little thing. But I made sure that I bought her her first Barbie. Had to do that. My mom bought her her first baby doll too.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**