Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I never had my picture taken with Santa. How about you?

I have been going through a lot of old photos. My mom never took many when we were growing up. She always said that if our father didn't take some photos, we wouldn't have any.

I have a few photos of my two boys with Santa Clause. I have some of my grandson also. I don't remember ever having my picture taken with Santa. I know that no such photo exists.

That is probably part of the reason that I have a soft soft for the entire "Santa" thing.

Whether you believe in Santa or not.

Do you have a picture of yourself with him? I am a bit sad, that I don't.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• Wasn't Me!

Re: I never had my picture taken with Santa. How about you?

I just recently had my first picture with Santa!

When we walked in he looked at me, stood up and then sat on MY lap!!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Ive had my picture taken with Santa almost every year up until 2 years ago
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Oh my Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Never Grow Up View Post
    I just recently had my first picture with Santa!

When we walked in he looked at me, stood up and then sat on MY lap!!

LOL that is an awesome picture!!! Hehe. So what did Santa want for Christmas???
    I haven't had a pic. w/ santa since High School....I keep trying to talk my friends into it, but no one will go w/ me....maybe this year.

• Banned User

I also did not have pics of my childhood. I found 3 and they were of me just standing there, or me getting my first comunion. I will post it later if I can

• Huh?

We did it EVERY year when I was a kid.

You see, the bottom floor of the old Lazarus building downtown (Lazarus is now called Macy's and that building is now office space) had Santaland every year for a long time. So, we'd go down the Santa Express elevator and get off to see all kinds of animatronics in the queue. Think of it like a christmasy Splash Mountain. It was just so cool... and then, at the end, we get our picture with Santa. After that, we would ride the carousel and go through the secret santa store, where they had a selection of small items for the kids to pick out for the parents, they would wrap it for us, and then our parents would pay for whatever we got for them.

After that, we would go up a couple floors for a visit with Mr. Tree from the old local children's show, Lucy's Toyshop.

And then it was tradition for my father to get a big bag of Esteé Lauder for my mother.

I really miss doing all that. They closed down in the late 80s after a very long successful run. The store was a very 60s era multi-story department store, a remnant of the past. (Lucy's Toyshop hadn't even been on TV for quite a while by the time I was born.) Still successful, just couldn't compete with the City Center mall moving in downtown. So, it closed eventually and moved to City Center.

They donated much of the items to Children's Hospital, though I have no idea what they're doing with them now.

There's just absolutely nothing to compare to that here anymore. We still have the Christmas Coach, Ice Skating is returning downtown this Christmas, the huge Nativity is already mostly up, so there's still remnants of my childhood Christmas. But there's a void without Lazarus.
    -Tim

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This first one is of my husband. He is turning 60 on December the 3rd.

That one is my grandson, Sean, when he was about 9 months old.

The last one is of my two boys. They are allgrown up now, my oldest will be 40, in July.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 11-15-2006 at 09:04 AM.

• I'm your huckleberry.

We never did pictures with Santa.

I always thought it was creepy to sit on a strangers' lap. That, and even when I was a kid I didn't buy the "Santa" story.

BUT, we have TONS of holiday pictures. My mom would get us all dolled up and take us to JC Penney's photo studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

We might do a 'family shot' since this is our baby's first Christmas.

I do recall having pics taken in the early 70's @ Anaheim Plaza (when it was an enclosed mall and it had The Broadway and Robinson's....). But my Dad told me there was no Santa when I was 5. MY mother was mortified.....I remember the moment distinctly. It was like December 27, 1976. My Dad called me in to the livingroom 'David, can you come in here?' "Ok Daddy." So I did. I sat in our big gold barrel chair (typical decor of the day) He said, "David, I have to tell you that there is no Santa Claus." My Mom just sat there mortified. I sat there playing with my Nerf Man (a glider type guy that sailed through the air). I said, "Sure there is Dad. How do you think I got this?"(holding toy up). I said, "Your Mom and I got that for you.......does this bother you?" I thought about it for a few seconds and asked....."Well, will I get presents next Christmas and Christmases after?" Dad and Mom said "Yes." I said, "Ok."

I was fine with it.

i ALWAYS used to go see santa....now he's just scary

• Delawarean Girl

I never liked Santa as a kid period. Though; it would be regretable since he is nice to give me present. But I did every sneaky thing; just so I wouldn't sit on his lap.

The baddiest ever. I pretended to my mother that I was going to sit on Santa's lap and then I quickly dodged and ran all the way to the other side and into a pet store.

oh and I suceed in not sitting on his lap that day too.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I remember the year that I took pictures of all my family members wearing this Santa Hat. Here is the one of me.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    We might do a 'family shot' since this is our baby's first Christmas.

I do recall having pics taken in the early 70's @ Anaheim Plaza (when it was an enclosed mall and it had The Broadway and Robinson's....). But my Dad told me there was no Santa when I was 5. MY mother was mortified.....I remember the moment distinctly. It was like December 27, 1976. My Dad called me in to the livingroom 'David, can you come in here?' "Ok Daddy." So I did. I sat in our big gold barrel chair (typical decor of the day) He said, "David, I have to tell you that there is no Santa Claus." My Mom just sat there mortified. I sat there playing with my Nerf Man (a glider type guy that sailed through the air). I said, "Sure there is Dad. How do you think I got this?"(holding toy up). I said, "Your Mom and I got that for you.......does this bother you?" I thought about it for a few seconds and asked....."Well, will I get presents next Christmas and Christmases after?" Dad and Mom said "Yes." I said, "Ok."

I was fine with it.
    I must reiterate - I was totally fine with this. Had my parents let me continue to an age where I would have felt duped, then I think that might have bothered me.

There was actually a St. Nicholas way way back in history....and that was explained to me too.

Some may think my parents were harsh, but I was absolutely fine with it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So then I will definitely smile.

• For old time sake

I never got my pics taken with Santa. No loss to me. We always had a cool Christmas party in the nieghborhood I lived in (aka our trailer park clubhouse...oh yea, trailer trash right here baby!!!) Funny thing is, our entertainment was this clown...every year and he would make balloon animals. He'd sing, "Nobody's going to guess thiiis one thiiis ones a tooouuugh one." We always guessed right. But it was fun. And we got Candy!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast