• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

It Finally Came, and you're probably not going to care.

None of you are really going to care, but I have to report it anyway. If you don't know already, i am an exchange student from Minnesota living in New Zealand, and I arrived in July. Well, being away for a year, naturally i have grown to miss small things about life in Minnesota. Mainly mexican restaurants (particularly taco johns for some reason), Pez, Alias, satruday night life,Twinkies, and Kraft Macaroni and cheese. Well, back in march one of my friends in Minnesota told me to watch the mail because she had sent me a package but say what was in it, so day after day i checked the mail and nothing, so finally i gave up, and figured it got lost in the mail. Well today over a month and a half I get a call from my previous host family saying a parcel arrived for me! So I ran, no I walked actually, never been much of a runner, any way I walked to their house and I opened it the second they gave it to me. I now have two boxes of kraft macaroni and cheese, four twinkies, and two new pex dispensers (simba and some strange egg thing since it was sent around easter) Its strange how you always miss the little things.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Cool! I've always loved to hear Exchange stories from the other side.
    -Monorail Man

• Minion

Awesome, and I also love hearing of exchange student stories, a friend of mine is a exchange student in Japan. Saturday Night Live was great tonight, Will Ferrell was hosting! Hopefully you can catch it when you get back stateside.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Oh I could give you stories, lots of stories. This weekend for instance....actually never mind.
    What an idiot....

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    When I was an exchange student in Egypt, my mom FedExed me a care package that contained a TV Guide and a plate of her famous oatmeal cookies. Even squished beyond recognition, they are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever eaten.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• insufferable know-it-all

Hmm.. I didn't have it quite so bad on my exchange - turns out British supermarkets carry salsa. Turns out my host mother REALLY liked it once introduced to it.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I wanna be an exhange student!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    I wanna be an exhange student!
    Me too!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Hmm.. I didn't have it quite so bad on my exchange - turns out British supermarkets carry salsa. Turns out my host mother REALLY liked it once introduced to it.
    Oh my God! It is so funny! Tonight I actually made my host parents my mothers recipe for chicken enchiliadas! And I used salsa/ or enchilida sauce but its close enough. they turned out really good! Ugh the twinkies and pez taste so effing good. And yes im a little tipsy, a lot wine and one glass of rum and coke.

Being an exchange student is the best experience out there. It helps you grow more as a person, i can tell im already more aware of different cultures and how they work, not just because of the country i've gone to, but because of the other exchange students i've met during this year! I've changed so much as a person. I really hope that more american teenagers have the same experience that I have had. There are no words for it! It is just so refreshing to know that I have done something different, experienced a new culture, something i'm not used to, something outside of my comfort level! It is the best thing in the world! And it is going to be extremely bittersweet going home, i miss my friends and all, but I am going to miss New Zealand terribly. Hopefully, I will have enough money to go to university here, more specifically Victoria university in wellington.

TEENAGERS! GO ON EXCHANGE! ROTARY IS THE CHEAPEST PROGRAMME! PM ME! I'll tell you all about it! [email protected] is my msn, I will tell anyone all about my exchange! It is so good! I cannot believe how beneficial it is going to be for me! It is something that everyone should do! It will open your mind in ways you've never imagined!
    What an idiot....

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I have never heard a person say that something they missed about Minnesota is Mexican food. I moved to Minnesota and one thing I miss the most IS mexican food.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    I have never heard a person say that something they missed about Minnesota is Mexican food. I moved to Minnesota and one thing I miss the most IS mexican food.
    Minnesota has mexican restaurants, but definately less the california. In new zealand i've only come across two mexican restaurants and they werent that great.
    What an idiot....

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    i am an exchange student from Minnesota living in New Zealand, and I arrived in July.
    yay! Minnesota. <3

Wow. I must agree with TinkPink on the missing Minnesota because of the Mexican food-- but maybe it's more of TexMex to begin with? I'm not fond of it but I love San Antonio for Habanero's Grill and their burritos!

I wish I could have gone but my parents would have never let me during high school. I am going to FL this fall. But I understand what you mean about cultures. I had a roommate from India and I spent a lot of time getting to know her and learning about her life there and in Singapore where she went to school. But anyway... I would also like to add my name to the list of those interested in hearing stories! Enjoy your mac & cheese!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    It was the best macaroni and cheese i've ever had, even if i did add too much milk. Ugh Im so full now, I have to conserve my last box. SO GOOD!
    What an idiot....