Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• For You!

Decorative Towels - Love them? or Hate them?

Okay, I've been at relatives' homes for a few days now, and in every bathroom, they have decorative towels instead of regular hand towels.

Personally I hate them! I wash my hands and try to dry them, and I don't know if I'm supposed to air dry, or use the frilly, lacey towels.

Your thoughts?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Decorative Towels - Love them? or Hate them?

Just like decorative pillows, I hate them because they serve no purpose except for looks.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• I'm your huckleberry.

We have one set of decorative towels in our bathroom. BUT, they are not right next to the sink, and we have a seperate hand towel which is in a more obvious location for hand drying purposes.

Plus our decorative towels have cute little monkeys in banana trees, so that makes it okay. http://www.target.com/gp/detail-tab-...ditionalImages

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Feeling LOVED

Im with ya. I hate them. I went to a friends, washed my hands looked at the towels...and thought...do I? or don't I? .....so I did. She didn't have anything else around. When she went in after me ....she came out with look of disgust...."did you just use the hand towels?" Yes, why? With full attitude....."there decorative", "We don't use them". Ughhhh.... I knew I should of just shook my hands dry. Im sure I would have got less slack about the water drops on the floor.

• Banned User

oy they make me mad when I want to dry my hands and there in the way of the real hand towels. I would tell them just what you said, maybe there will rethink putting the decorative towels somewhere else.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

If you really are dead set on being "fancy", use the paper throw-away kind of guest towels. If I do have to use your foo foo hand towel, I sure don't want to have to re- fold and re-hang it to make it match the other one!

The throw away kind are more sanitary anway.
    A signature should go here.

• Senior Minion

Thumbs up Re: Decorative Towels - Love them? or Hate them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    We have one set of decorative towels in our bathroom. BUT, they are not right next to the sink, and we have a seperate hand towel which is in a more obvious location for hand drying purposes.

Plus our decorative towels have cute little monkeys in banana trees, so that makes it okay. http://www.target.com/gp/detail-tab-...ditionalImages
    I LOVE THOSE TOWELS!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    I went to a friends, washed my hands looked at the towels...and thought...do I? or don't I? .....so I did. She didn't have anything else around. When she went in after me ....she came out with look of disgust...."did you just use the hand towels?" Yes, why? With full attitude....."there decorative", "We don't use them".
    How about when they have the fancy "guest" towels near the sink, but then their regular bath towels are hanging somewhere else? Do you use their personal towels? Isn't that the point of the guest towel in the first place? Am I not a guest? I don't live there and you DO want me to wash my hands before I come back to dinner, right?

Ha! A whole post, all in questions!
    A signature should go here.

• Man O Lantern

I hate fancy guest towels! Bah! I'm with Susie--I like the fancy paper towels.

I'm so not girly anyway. My sister was all dancing around because she got a LeCreuset something for her birthday. And I'm all, huh? It's a pot. Settle down. You're 28.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I have towels out that match the bathroom, but they're for people to USE! That's why I bought so many of them

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I dont like em. When I had my apt, my mom would buy me the ones for holidays. I would always just put them away with the rest of the towels.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Just like decorative pillows, I hate them because they serve no purpose except for looks.
    Ditto.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    I LOVE THOSE TOWELS!
    Thanks, our entire bathroom is decorated with that set (shower curtain, soap dish, trashcan, etc). The cute little monkeys make me smile.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Why do you keep talking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    I LOVE THOSE TOWELS!
    I sell those towels... (they are cute though and I sing The circle of life when I make all the Jungle accessories face the same way in the store... yeah I'm such a huge dork)

I'm the inconsiderate person that uses them, if they don't want them to be used then they shouldn't have them out! Then again if i had to fold it I wouldn't have a problem anymore
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• I'm your huckleberry.

I think the trick to decorative towels is proper placement so your guests won't get confused.

We have a plain white hand towel right next to the sink, so it's obvious that's what you use to dry your hands. The cute monkey towels are about three feet away, and are placed to sort of be a wall hanging more than a usable towel.

I wish I was faster at uploading pictures so I could show how our sink area is arranged.

I don't understand people who use decorative towels, but have no OTHER towels out. Then complain when people use their decorative towels. What's the point of that???

Style and function, that's the key.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast