Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The worst possible thing to happen on a Thanksgiving

So yesterday, while at work, I got the chills and felt feverish.

..and indeed, when I got home at 4pm, I took my temperature which was at 102.6 F. It stayed at 102.6 between 4-6pm and rose to 102.8 between 6-7p. I was burning up but I was super cold. My roommate bought me Tylenol and I popped two pills by 7 and soaked my feet in warm water and applied cold compress on my forehear. By then, I was burning up to 103.1-103.7 F and was in a state of paranoia..why didn't I go to the ER? I don't know.

I was in and our of sleep til about 1:20am... then ahd a fitful rest of the night, twisting and turning...but my fever stabilized at 101.1 F.

Twas a miserable night. Then off to work I go...feeling queasy to my stomach. Is there something going around?

I don't feel like eating much...my tummy hurts.. ..and it's Thanksgiving tomorrow. why does this have to happen now?!

*sigh*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: The worst possible thing to happen on a Thanksgiving

I know 3 people who have had a 24 hour stomach flu in the last week. I hope you are back to normal tomorrow!
    A signature should go here.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Allow me a quick reminiscence.

One Thanksgiving a few years back now (I was 14)...my entire family (Mom, Dad, me and two much younger brothers)...all down with the flu.

We couldn't make the extended family gathering, obviously. But my Dad was bound and determined that we'd have turkey on Thanksgiving.

At about 4:30PM, he bundled up and drove to the nearby Thrifty Drug store coffee shop (there were such things in SoCal back in the day) and got three turkey dinners with trimmings, to go.

He got back, and we looked at those "doggy bag" take-out dinners, and just started laughing about the whole situation.

Turned out to be one of our more memorable Thanksgivings.

No stress, no pressure. Just turkey from Thrifty's.

Just thought I'd share. LaVoce, nice to "meet" you and I wish you and your family the best of health for Thanksgiving and always.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Sorry to hear about you getting sick so soon to a holiday! I just got over a cold myself that I was dealing with last week. A few years back I had a tooth pulled the Monday before Thanksgiving and was stuck on yogurt, apple sauce, jello, and sprite all week long but I managed to chew on some turkey on thanksgiving even though I got a horrible headache from it. But nothing was going to stop me from eating a good meal on Thanksgiving!

Hope you feel better very soon!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

You are freezing because your body temp is so high, it makes you feel like you stepped into a freezer. I had a 104 degree temp one time and I was freezing everywhere I went. Take Tylenol, it helps. Feel better.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by LaVoce View Post
    So yesterday, while at work, I got the chills and felt feverish.

..and indeed, when I got home at 4pm, I took my temperature which was at 102.6 F. It stayed at 102.6 between 4-6pm and rose to 102.8 between 6-7p. I was burning up but I was super cold. My roommate bought me Tylenol and I popped two pills by 7 and soaked my feet in warm water and applied cold compress on my forehear. By then, I was burning up to 103.1-103.7 F and was in a state of paranoia..why didn't I go to the ER? I don't know.

I was in and our of sleep til about 1:20am... then ahd a fitful rest of the night, twisting and turning...but my fever stabilized at 101.1 F.

Twas a miserable night. Then off to work I go...feeling queasy to my stomach. Is there something going around?

I don't feel like eating much...my tummy hurts.. ..and it's Thanksgiving tomorrow. why does this have to happen now?!

*sigh*
    i am so sorry.. this happened to me 3 times for christmas.. in a row.. hope you feel better tomarow

Friends for life

• Senior Minion

LaVoce, I do hope you feel better soon. It seems like everything is going around. Rest, relaxation and tylenol will help you to feel better.

Hope you still have a good Thanksgiving despite everything!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Minion

You know, I had it worse. The same thing happened to me, only it was the day of my Bar Mitzvah!
    I felt absoloutly horrible during the ceremony, reception, and party.
    And then as soon as i get home, POOF
    All better.

Thanks for the warm wishes guys...and nice to "meet" everyone. I'm sure I've seen you guys roaming around the park. I'm there at least once a week.

Back to bed.

• Minion

Blog Entries

well...thats definatlynot worst, i've been sick on christmas before, lol

but thats pretty bad, just drink some turkey broth and cranberry juice!

• That Guy

I think the worst thing that could happen would be if someone you loved died on Thanksgiving.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks to be sick, and I hope you get better soon, but being sick isn't even on my radar for the top ten things of 'worst things'

• Iron-Clad Allie

I cannot imagine anything worse that to be mistaken for a turkey...and to get stuffed.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    I think the worst thing that could happen would be if someone you loved died on Thanksgiving.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks to be sick, and I hope you get better soon, but being sick isn't even on my radar for the top ten things of 'worst things'

that actually happened two years ago, my dads cousn got in an accident and him, his girlfriend nd her son all died....it was terrible cause we got the call just when we were sitting down to eat. i didn't know him well, but he i very missed by his family...

but anyway, I hope you fell alot better tomorrow!

• World Traveler

I hope you get well soon. Let's hope nothing worse happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast