Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: The Road To The Final Four...The College Basketball Thread

When I first started following the NBA, in the West-Baylor-Chamberlain-Russell-Oscar Robertson era, the league wouldn't accept most underclassmen unless they could be proven to be a hardship case.

Maybe I have a rose colored memory, but it seems to me that the NBA was a very highly competitive and more entertaining league back then.

College basketball wasn't that competitive in that it seemed to be UCLA, and everyone else a distant second.

I do have difficulty in saying that any young man can't go to work in any job that might be offered to him. But I still think that in spite of the likes of Moses Malone, McGrady, Bryant and even King James...the league is better off with this rule. I would have made it age 20, and 2 years out of high school.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Bruin Basketball Fan

We're 2nd in the coaches poll! 1st in the AP poll... I really thought we would have been 1st today after Florida fell yesterday.. but oh well. We're going all the way! It's time to put these season tickets to use! haha.

• Mexihick, y'all

KANSAS fan, baby

• Bruin Basketball Fan

That Ohio vs. NC game was pretty darn good.

• Tui's Brother

I'm a Minnesota Gopher fan. They did not start to hot this year. Just recently their coach Dan Monson resigned. I hope we can get a pretty good coach for the Gophers. I would like to see them in the big tournament sometime soon.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYfied View Post
    That Ohio vs. NC game was pretty darn good.
    I saw quite a bit of that game too. It reminded me why I now enjoy the college game much more than the NBA now. To me the NBA regular season is boring by comparison.

I'm not a fan of North Carolina particularly but I have always had respect for Roy Williams.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The UCLA Bruins...number one in the land...GO BRUINS!

--Barry

• Bruin Basketball Fan

UCLA vs. USC tonight... Oh it will be a great game

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

I'm a UNC fan, Love the Jayhawks, and love the mid-major schools like Tulsa (dissapointing the past couple years).

I LOVE the NBA rule, I agree with RadioBarry and would make it 2 years. For the reasons of teaching 1) fundamentals, 2) maturity, 3) teaches them to survive on the road, in hostile conditions 4) increases comptetition 5) installs 'team philosophy' (chances are they were the one person on their team shooting the ball) 6) too many young players end up fluking 7) it'd become a unrealistic trend 8) ego check 9) education...im sure I lef tout some other good points.

I'm glad to see the USC program kickin' it up a notch, new on-campus facility, recruiting is getting better, Tim Floyd is a great recruit and coach. It will be a program to lose sleep over if you're playing them!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

UCLA beats USC 70-65 ... Trojans played tough...the Pac 10 seems loaded this year.

Earlier, I watched North Carolina win at Duke...I've always liked both Roy Williams and Coach "K".

Guess this is about the time of year I really start to pay attention to hoops. Used to be much more of an NBA fan but the college game is so much more fun to watch.

--Barry

• Bruin Basketball Fan

Pauley was extra blue and extra loud tonight. It was a great game with a great crowd!

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Bad technical foul pick up towards the end. Free throw discrepancy, didn't see much of the game but given all that and the score, USC is a basketball threat, and essentially would've won the game had they been more aggressive going to the hole and getting the foul calls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12