Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Sad It Wasn't a Hernia...

For those of you who read my thread about my impending hernia surgery, I just wanted to inform you of the 'drastic turn' my surgery took.

I in fact did NOT have a hernia - but have been diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease. Hodgkins Disease is a form of cancer that is quite curable, but I'll need to go through some radiation and possibly some chemotherapy.

This was discussed with my wife and I in the recovery room (I was all drugged up so I really didn't know what the heck was going on.) However, my wife sat there in shock with our newborn little boy in his carseat sucking on his pacifier.

I want to have the best outlook and attitude about this..........but when I think about it - CANCER - it's somewhat surreal. We've never had cancer in my family before.

I'm very glad that Doctor told us to have a VERY POSITIVE OUTLOOK on this because Hodgkins Disease is very very curable. I would be lying, however, if I told you I wasn't still in somewhat a state of shock.

For the most part, I feel pretty good right now - other than the soreness of my incission....which with the help of trusty old Vicodin subsides when I need it too.

Anyway - I' know I asked this initially about the hernia, but I ask again that I'd surely appreciate your prayers and "good vibes" during this 'STRANGE' time.

Hope to see you at a MiceChat Meet soon.

David (aka Disneyland Daddy)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: It Wasn't a Hernia...

Sorry to hear the bad news DD . All I can now say is kick its butt, I know you can and I know you will.

• For You!

I'm glad you have a positive outlook on this! But, you can beat it, and I hope everything goes well. Please keep us posted.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

...Oh, David, I also wanted to say that you will only lose if you let it beat you. So continue to stay strong, keep your positive outlook, and I am sure you will do just fine . Most people let that sort of news get the best of them right away, which is bad. Keep your positive outlook and enjoy your first Christmas with your son too! Now with him around, there are so many "Firsts" for you to look foward to in his life .

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Thank you. This has been a wild time really - good and bad. This is the 'bad' part but I just really aim to have a good attitude about it. Physically, I'm in pretty good shape (could use a nip and a tuck here and there -HA HA HA )...so I hope that will be to my advantage.

Thank you for your 'positive-ness'. I truly appreciate it.

• World Traveler

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I an SURE that you will battle the cancer and win!

• Banned User

Whoa I'm in a state of shock for you! I'm so sorry about what your hernia turned out to be! I'm a leukemia survivor though so I know that you can make it through and be cured! Just be strong and be positive, those two things are super important.

• Banned User

wow, do not know what to say, , that was and is a shock. I will be praying for you, you can beat this, your one tough ombre!!! Now take care of your self and keep us all posted and updated ok. Hugs to you and your family!!!

• insufferable know-it-all

Well, I suppose if ya gotta have cancer, let it be a highly curable one! Still, chemo's not the easiest thing in the world to go through, so you have my well wishes!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Sshhh, being very quiet

OMG I'm so sorry. You have a positive attitude and I believe that can be a very good thing.

I'll be sending out prayers and thoughts to you and your family! *hugs*

• Senior Minion

Wow, this is reallt sad news. especially at this time of year.

You're going to hear a lot about having a good attitude, and yes, it helps. Don't be afraid, though, to speak up when something is bothering you, or you have a question, or if you're having pain. Pain can drain you of energy if it goes on long enough.

So do the best you can. Fight Hard! Let us know how it goes, and we'll all try to stand behind you as best as we can. It certainly sounds as if they've caught this early enough for you to have a good prognosis.

• Senior Minion

Well, thankfully you went through the surgery well and you have a wonderful wife and newborn son to keep your spirits up. You will no doubt beat this and continue to have a wonderful Disney filled life!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

DD - I was SO sorry to hear this from you. With a brand new son, and this time of year, it must be very tough to get this news.

Please take heart from the fact that this is indeed a very curable form of cancer in terms of efficacy of treatment. It anyone can beat this, you certainly can. We're all rooting for you. I'll be praying for you AND your wife. As I mentioned in another thread, my wife was supposed to be gone 5 years ago due to her mets from Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, but she is still here fighting. In fact, she just pulled off a perfect Thanksgiving dinner for 17 yesterday! Your outlook is tremendously important, and you have so much to live for. Hang in there, and please keep us updated with your progress.

• Man O Lantern

I am really really sorry to hear that, DD. I wish you nothing but positive vibes, a good prognosis, and a speedy recovery. What terrible news. Hold your baby boy close and chill for a while as you come out of your shock. Take care of yourself.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Wow! I'm so sorry.

Keep your positive attitude and your recovery will be much faster, I'm sure! Take it easy and take care of yourself!
    <o>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast