• Haunted Mansion Lover

Talking The anti-rudeness thread

I had contributed to the rudeness in Disneyland thread. Being that I am a high school teacher I see my fair share of rude behavior, but I also see quite a bit of kindness and thoughtfulness by my students as well.

Yesterday I had my swim and dive end of the season banquet. We recap the season and hand out our awards. It was our first swim banquet ever because we are a brand new school with 9th and 10th graders only. Usually athletes give their coaches a thank you gift but I was not expecting one due to my small team size and the fact that none of them have or job or any money. Boy did they surprise me! One of my swimmers moms used to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper at WDW. They went to Florida for Thanksgiving to see their family.

Here is the really cool part. They bought a denim jacket with the 50th logo for me and a Tinkerbell denim jacket for my five year old daughter. It was so great to know that they cared about me and my family enough to go out of their way on their vacation and get us jackets. It was one of the most touching things that a student has ever done for me.

Yeah for good people in the world!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• The pride is back.

Re: The anti-rudeness thread

Hmm...great story, but definitely not what I thought this thread would be.

• It's all nonsense

Wrong forum maybe?

• Comin' at ya!

I'm confused?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Just saying that there are a lot of non-rude people in this world. That includes Disneyland. Everytime we go we see friendly, courteous people all over the park. It is the Happiest Place on Earth even if they don't call it that anymore.

Sorry I left that out of my original post. oops!
    Foolish Mortal

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    Just saying that there are a lot of non-rude people in this world. That includes Disneyland. Everytime we go we see friendly, courteous people all over the park. It is the Happiest Place on Earth even if they don't call it that anymore.

Sorry I left that out of my original post. oops!

Right on. You're right.

• Dumbo Love driving me mad

We need a thread like this, to balance it out, maybe even restore some of our faith in humankind, because, let's face it, humanunkind! Inhumankind!
    My mom suffered a health crisis in late October. I take the subway to downtown L.A. in the mornings, to help with her recovery. Last Friday, while waiting for a bus on Wilshire Blvd., this young, rather cute guy, maybe about 25 years old, approached me, and in a French accent asked, "excuse me, do you know which bus to take to Disneyland?" I said, "Disneyland?!?!...you mean (and I turned around to show him the back of my Disneyland warm-up jacket)...Disneyland!!" We both cracked up, and I was able to tell him exactly how to get there, including when he'd arrive. I don't drive. I know how to get to Disneyland, and he couldn't have asked a better person. It was 6:30 in the morning, there really weren't many people to ask. Anyway, it was such a cool moment. I told him to have a wonderful day. I had a big grin as he walked away, and I hoped that everyone he encountered while at Disneyland would be as cheerful, and accomodating, as I had just been. I even took the encounter as a sign that my mom would have a good day, which she did.

• The pride is back.

Awesome story, gemaedhi!

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I love it when people are nice!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

Because of the sheer number of people at disneyland, we feel anonymous. Anonymity or the perception of anonymity allows nice people to do rude things.

The pressure of bringing ones spouse and small children can cause a person to forget about those around him/her.

The simple fact that bodies per square feet can cause us to bump into each other or push a stroller too close to the person in front and bump their heels.