Good Morning Everybody,

Yesterday I had the "Pleasure" of waiting in the VA Wilshire waiting room from 10:00am to 6:00pm. Why??? My Father In-Law needed to go down to get some medication (that he never got BTW). So I drove he and my mother in-law down there.

But this isn't a story about our problems yesterday, it's about the system as a whole.

I work in the healthcare industry, on the insurance side to be exact. I know were not perfect, I know people have many (legitimate) gripes with us, but what I saw yesterday frankly apalled me.

The employees of the VA were in large very nice to everybody I saw. But the way people are treated (by the system), is frankly sad.

These are the people that should be getting the best care. These are the people that put their lives on the line for our freedom. But you have people, mostly WWII era sitting for HOURS at a time, being sent from one end of the hospital to another, sometimes back to where they started just to get the simplist things done for them.

As an outside observer who had PLENTY of time to people-watch I just found it very sad to watch.

Not sure if there is anything that can be done about this.

But I tell you, if ever somebody says they want nationalized health-care I'll just tell them about what I saw yesterday. TERRIBLE IDEA!!!!

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that off my chest.

On a Disney note: I was reading a National Geographic from April 1993 and it had an ad for the "All-New" Mickey's Toontown in it. That was the hilight of my day.