• Yeah...I'm cool

Diamond lanes are pointless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who else feels this way. I drive from Glendale to Irvine everyday, and between 6:30 and 8 I see about 40% of the cars in the carpool lane with a single driver, while I inch along at 2 MPH. It is really bad from the 91 to the 22. When CHP puts an officer there, its right after the 22 concrete barrier, but all of the single drivers exit before that. This is also a real problem on the 210 FWY from Pasadena to the 15.

I think they should be taken away, and used as an additional lane to free up some traffic.

• I love loop jokes.

Re: Diamond lanes are pointless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR we can get you a lifelike blow up doll to be your passenger!! =) That way you can take the carpool lane. j/k!!!

• Minion

I agree. The carpool lane is rarely ever monitored so alot of people, who may or may not have ever been caught, use it whenever they please. And if that isn't bad enough, they also tend to exit where they please, completely disregarding the double yellow line. I don't think I have ever seen anyone get busted for this. Once I saw a CHP driving along and someone exited the carpool lane by crossing the double yellow line and the CHP did NOTHING.

• Shablagoo!

They seem to work pretty well in WA. We must have a way to monitor them better. Then again, I am in the area they are so infrequently that the same thing may happen there and I just never notice it.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Whenever my boyfriend and I travel to LA we use the diamond lane and there is never any traffic on it and we always get there extrememly fast. When we took it yesterday to get to the Pantagus we noticed lots of cops out busting people for using the carpool lane with just themselves. Saw at least three people that got pulled over for that.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I feel your pain...

I also HATE it when I am able to go in the diamond lane, but I am behind a nimrod that only does 50 MPH! (limit 65) If he wanted to go that speed, he could just stay in the regular lanes...

We see that all of the time when we travel down to San Diego on the 5. We avoid the regular lanes by driving in the diamond one, but for whatever reason, some drivers feel obligated to drive there as well just because they have 2 or more folks in the car, but then only go 50 or so.

At that point, the regular lanes are faster...

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    Who else feels this way. I drive from Glendale to Irvine everyday, and between 6:30 and 8 I see about 40% of the cars in the carpool lane with a single driver, while I inch along at 2 MPH. It is really bad from the 91 to the 22. When CHP puts an officer there, its right after the 22 concrete barrier, but all of the single drivers exit before that. This is also a real problem on the 210 FWY from Pasadena to the 15.

I think they should be taken away, and used as an additional lane to free up some traffic.

used to see that alot of times when i lived in fullerton especially on the 91.. I hated that.. they need to monitor it more

Friends for life

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

We don't have diamond lanes here.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Most people are decently respectful of the diamond lane here in the Easy Bay.

I do get mad when I see a cheater. Eff cheaters. *raspberry*

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I have opposed diamond lanes ever since they were first introduced into the 1970's. Over the years many critics have stated that such lanes cause more pollution because of the congestion they create in other lanes. To say nothing of all the additional lost time and productivity.

And I still say that Southern California, at least, for right or wrong, is still ruled by the car culture - and 30 years of failure should be enough to let the benevolent despots in Sacramento know that this plan needs to be scrapped once and for all.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.