Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal question

• Banned User

Paypal question

So lets get my question stated here...

A buddy of mine sent me $90.00 so i can buy some vBulliten forums for his website. My account is "unvarified" whic hmeans i cant do anything with it, unless i type in my bank account information.

I have a savings account. I know my account number and everything, but i don't know my routing number and i don't have any checks either. How can i find that number out? Thanks

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Paypal question

Go into your bank and ask? I have no idea. I didn't know there were routing numbers on things other than Checks as an identifier.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Go into your bank and ask? I have no idea. I didn't know there were routing numbers on things other than Checks as an identifier.
    Sometimes you can find this information online as well. My ex did that for me when he set up my Palpal originally, but I believe you have to be able to log into your bank online to look for that information. It might be easier just to call.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Just call your bank. They'll give you the routing number.
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Go to Google. type the name of your bank and the state you live in. Et Viola.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    So lets get my question stated here...

A buddy of mine sent me $90.00 so i can buy some vBulliten forums for his website. My account is "unvarified" whic hmeans i cant do anything with it, unless i type in my bank account information.

I have a savings account. I know my account number and everything, but i don't know my routing number and i don't have any checks either. How can i find that number out? Thanks
    Check with PayPal and see what info they need and the types of accounts, and then go talk with your Bank Branch Manager and set it up.

WARNING: When PayPal has those numbers, they almost have the "Keys to the Kingdom" - I've heard horror stories where they get an erroneous or fraudulent debit for your account and they use that code and drain your checking account dry to satisfy that debit. And then the checks you just wrote for the power bill and the car insurance start bouncing...

The critical thing to remember is that PAYPAL IS NOT A "BANK" AND THE SAME RULES DO NOT APPLY - do NOT assume that they're going to 'play nice' with your money. They don't have to follow the US banking laws about giving fraudulently taken funds back, etc. and you can spend weeks or months getting it back.

Have your Bank set up a seperate firewalled checking or charge card account for your PayPal dealings that does NOT have automatic money transfer rights to/from the rest of your accounts - they know how to do this, and to flag it in their computers so a "helpful" teller doesn't get flim-flammed into doing it manually anyways.

You transfer or deposit the funds you expect to spend with PayPal into that special account, and an extra $25 to keep it open (from falling to a zero balance). And when you receive funds that you aren't going to immediately use, you transfer out or withdraw the money immediately, and leave it parked in a different account.

Now if PayPal tries playing games, they can't clean you out. And if you do have to close that seperate account after they try, you can simply close it and be done. You don't have to get new charge cards issued, reprint your checks with a new account number, change all your Automatic Deposits and Payments...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Just call your bank. They'll give you the routing number.
    What will they ask me to know that i'm "me"?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

When you opened your account, you gave them information that helps them identify you. They may ask for your SS# or your mothers maiden name (those are the typical choices) - so, have those ready.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Still wants to be a cat!

Your routing number can be found on your deposit slips also.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

I got my ruoting number. It wouldnt let me register on WaMu.com So i had to have PayPal confirm my account. They took 2 deposits out of like 30 cents or less. (Not a big deal) And they said those amounts will be on my bank statement. Whats that mean? A Bank Statement? Will that show up on paypal?

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Just send me your bank account number and PIN number...and just for the heck of it, throw in you Social Security number in, and I can take care of the whole thing for you.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I got my ruoting number. It wouldnt let me register on WaMu.com So i had to have PayPal confirm my account. They took 2 deposits out of like 30 cents or less. (Not a big deal) And they said those amounts will be on my bank statement. Whats that mean? A Bank Statement? Will that show up on paypal?
    Your statement is something you get in the mail or online that tells you the activity on your acct. When paypal does this, it takes a day or 2 to show up and there are 2 seperate amts. you need to know these 2 amts to verify your acct on paypal.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Just send me your bank account number and PIN number...and just for the heck of it, throw in you Social Security number in, and I can take care of the whole thing for you.
    Nice Try.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Your statement is something you get in the mail or online that tells you the activity on your acct. When paypal does this, it takes a day or 2 to show up and there are 2 seperate amts. you need to know these 2 amts to verify your acct on paypal.
    ...And they will be on my statement the next time it is sent to me?

• Why do you keep talking?

oh wow, I fear for the youth of this nation

A Bank statement is from the bank. The two charges made will show up with whatever other changes made to the account (deposits, withdraws, charges) when the bank sends it to you, either in the mail, or online depending on whichever option you choose (I'm pretty sure you can change your delivery option online)
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast