Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Cancer Survivors or People with Cancer here?

Hey to anyone who reads this, Im Just Wondering if there are any Cancer Survivors or People on Micechat that have cancer, if you dont want to say here you can always private message me.

Reason I post this is I have Stomach Cancer in Stage 4.

If anyone wants to chat let me know

Thanks

Brandon aka Cool

• Gay Man

I was diagonosed with DCIS (breast cancer) last year and underwent a partial mastectomy and 6 weeks of radiation. My cancer was caught VERY early on , so I am lucky in that my treatment was not very invasive. Still, it changed my outlook on life quite a bit.

No matter what the stage, cancer is a very scary thing. I found that joking and laughing about it was extreemly helpful to me. I have boob jokes up the ying yang. Although I took my cancer seriously, I wasn't about to let it get me down. Inner strength, acceptance, and good friends got me through it.

I'm glad you're talking about it. When my Mother had breast cancer, she didn't want anyone to know. I was just the opposite. I was VERY open about it. It made things easier for me.

I have just Started to talk about it now, I was afraid before as I have been judged by others before so wasnt sure what to think. I have gone trough treatment and treatment of chemo and radiation and it made me worse instead of better. Now im Just on Pain Killers to help with things. Time to Live what time I have left to the fullest

• Gay Man

You know, if someone else judges you, that is their problem. You are under no obligation to accept or even consider their judgement. Live your life as you want to and let those who choose to judge be damned.

• there's always my way...

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCanadian
    I have just Started to talk about it now, I was afraid before as I have been judged by others before so wasnt sure what to think. I have gone trough treatment and treatment of chemo and radiation and it made me worse instead of better. Now im Just on Pain Killers to help with things. Time to Live what time I have left to the fullest

Cool Canadian, I have family who have had thyroid cancer and it was a scarry thing, thank god they caught it in time. She is doing just fine now and it hasnt come back. I applaud all of you who have gone throught this and wish the best for you.!
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

I think its Time to go to Disneyland and have a Good Vacation

Wait I still have 28 days to go, lol

***Goes to get the Suitcases**** hey they are still half packed from the April trip, lol

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Don't be afraid to come here for some support. I have been through my medical ordeals and I am sure many others have also. If anyone dares hassle you, I will beat them up for you.
    Last edited by Alan; 05-17-2005 at 11:49 AM.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    Don't ber afraid to come here for some support. I have been through my medical ordeals and I am sure many others have also. If anyone dares hassle you, I will beat them up for you.
    He's not kidding, he will.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I don't know much about cancer, but it sure sounds scary I never understood why people are "judged", or stigmatized about it. It's not like it there is any rhyme or reason... even with lung cancer. My grandmother smoked until almost the day she died at 95... and it wasn't from cancer. Yet some people get lung cancer when they're 40 and it's all because they smoked. :confused:

I'm just glad you're coming to Disneyland!!! It's the best medicine!!

Last edited by DOOM BGI; 05-17-2005 at 11:57 AM.
    --Jonathan

• I am a Pluto lover

Brandon,

I do not have cancer but Im here if you want someone to talk to.

No one should judge you for this and I will keep you in my thoughts.

*sends hug to you*
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Thanks to Everyone here for the Thoughts and Support, Now whos gonna help me make my last Trip to Disneyland the best Ive ever had? Anyone?

Thanks to Everyone here for the Thoughts and Support, Now whos gonna help me make my last Trip to Disneyland the best Ive ever had? Anyone?

Get here and ill buy ya a churro!
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DooDah
    Get here and ill buy ya a churro!
    Hmmm, Ive never had a Churro yet

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    I think we'd have to make that a meet!

I think it's a good time to fill a boat or two of all MiceChatters on POTC. (Be prepared to get wet! )

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I think we'd have to make that a meet!

I think it's a good time to fill a boat or two of all MiceChatters on POTC. (Be prepared to get wet! )
    I agree lets do this! I would like to hang with you all and Cool Canadian.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast