•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm a TV Killer!

Today was the day that the cable man from Comcast here in Chicago was going to come and hook up cable to my husband's new television. My husband has taken over our basement with his hobbies. He's into miniatures, boat building, painting figures, just to name a few. I bought him a 24" television set for his birthday, and we had it set up downstairs on the dresser in the corner. The idea was that he could watch television, and DVD's and hook up his new X Box to it.

Well this morning I went down there to move the dresser away from the wall, so the cable man could get behind there. When we put the television on the dresser, after we bought it, we put it directly on a towel that had been on the dresser already.

I figured that I should try and remove the towel from under that television. After all a television should not be set directly on top of a towel. The dresser is on wheels so moving the dresser was no problem. The problem came when I tried to remove the towel. Now if only I knew that trick that Lucy used in her television show, where she removed the tableclothe off the table that was fully set with dishes.

I won't go into all the details, but bottom line, I dropped the television. My husband''s brand new 24" television is beyond repair. I was even so careless as to plug it in, thinking it may just work. No glass shattered, but you can hear the parts moving around inside. The front is all cracked, and well.....

I feel so foolish. I immediately called the cable company and cancelled the appointment. I then called my husband and told him what I had done.

My husband is a prince. He was so kind and understanding. I just want to crawl in a hole. He said "don't worry". At least you wern't hurt. I told him how I was a "TV Killer". He kept reassuring me that none of it mattered. We ended our conversation with him telling me to have a good day.

I will admit that tears have been shed by me today. I just want to kick myself for my stupidity.

My husband is a prince.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• most magical vaca ever

Re: I'm a TV Killer!

Awe sorry to hear about the TV Barbaraann but you sure do have a wonderful hubby
    ~~~~~~

• Senior Minion

Well I'm sure his thoughts are that another TV can always be purchased, but not another you ... so a broken TV isn't a big deal. Glad to know you didn't get hurt though.

• Banned User

Aw sweetie, been there done that. you are human, and he sounds wonderful!! Sorry for the bad glitch in your day, but hey, its ok, you can replace it when you can and after all, its only a tv, your husband and you both are precious!!!

• Practically Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Now if only I knew that trick that Lucy used in her television show, where she removed the tableclothe off the table that was fully set with dishes.
    that WOULD come in handy!

My husband is a prince. He was so kind and understanding. I just want to crawl in a hole. He said "don't worry". At least you wern't hurt.
    my thoughts exactly when I was reading this: at least you weren't hurt!

I wouldn't let it get you down too much, I know is stinks because it was a gift and everything, but TV's are replacable..YOU are not

I hope your day gets better!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Oh no, Barbarann! I feel terrible for you. I am so sorry that happened. Your husband is right, it's just good that you weren't hurt. He was kind to wish you a good day. Try not to be too down on yourself. I understand how frustrated you must be, but don't beat yourself up. You are wonderful. Your husband knows it. We know it.

• GO DBACKS!!

Was it an $800 flat screen LCD TV that was less than 6 months old? If so than we have a lot in common.

My condolences!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

No, the television did not cost that much. It was inexpensive. I bought another Sony from Circuit City. My husband and I both have televisions upstairs in our house, that are Sonys, so that's why we went with another of the same brand.

I am usually smarter than that. I know that I am getting older, and I can't do things that I used to do when I was younger. This time I just did not use my brains. It could have been avoided if I just had used better judgement. My impatience, and excitement cost me a lot, and I am not even concerned about the monetary part.

You MiceChatters are great.

I just knew I had to put my feelings down on paper (so to speak), or I would spend the day feeling sorry for myself.
    Pop Century Resort

• love my friends

you have a wonderful hubby .. wow.. think mine would have killed me dont get to down about it , it was an accident

Friends for life

• Senior Minion

You have a really understanding husband. He's a gem for being concerned for you over this material thing. Sorry to hear this happened.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Huh?

Tip: Get one so big that you have no choice but to keep it on the floor. That way, you don't have any falling-to-the-floor problems!

Of course, there's always a falling-down-the-stairs problem...
    -Tim

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks for making me laugh.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When my husband came home tonite, he asked me if I felt any better. I had to tell him no. We discussed the entire incident in length. He and I had a good laugh. I'm a little poorer and a whole lot richer all in the same day.
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    When my husband came home tonite, he asked me if I felt any better. I had to tell him no. We discussed the entire incident in length. He and I had a good laugh. I'm a little poorer and a whole lot richer all in the same day.
    I just saw this thread, Barbaraann. I ech0 all of the sentiments that have been stated above. Your husband is a prince, and you are indeed irreplaceable. Couldn't replace you even if we wanted to...

I would merely suggest that the next time you want to make a statement about the quality of what's on television, that you find another way to express it

--Barry

PS...I dropped a whole box of corn flakes on the floor. Guess that makes me a...(groaan) "cereal killer"(LOL)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    PS...I dropped a whole box of corn flakes on the floor. Guess that makes me a...(groaan) "cereal killer"(LOL)
    OH, BARRY!!!!!!! That was so bad it was good!!!