Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

So what is the going gift for your kids teachers this year?

I have decided on a tin of specialty cookies and a glass ornament along with a christmas card, I just could not decide on what to give them. we do not have starbucks here or anything cool, so I did not know what gift cards to give. Does this sound like a crappy gift? Rachal has 6 teachers,( she wants to give to all six ! ) and beau and cy have 2 each.

• Banned User

Re: So what is the going gift for your kids teachers this year?

I gave Case Carrier a Gift card worth $50 bucks and can be used at 3 different restarunts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I gave Case Carrier a Gift card worth $50 bucks and can be used at 3 different restarunts.
    who is case carrier??

• Banned User

A teacher for Special Ed classes that helps me out. (RSP)

• Man O Lantern

We are doing the rounding up of $10 per family to buy gifts for the teachers. It's just cheaper that way and the teachers get really nice gift certs for massages, the mall, etc.

Of course we have one mom opposed. But she's a pain in the butt anyway. She thought we should give 20 kindergarteners $5 each and let them go to the Dollar Store, so the teacher would get stuck with $100 worth of Dollar Store crapola!! UGH!

I told her to feel free to do that with her kid, but it's our opportunity to show our teacher how much she's appreciated.

And as a former teacher, no apple ornaments and no coffee mugs! There is a limit to how many you can receive, and you hit that limit your first year of teaching.

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I have decided on a tin of specialty cookies and a glass ornament along with a christmas card, I just could not decide on what to give them. we do not have starbucks here or anything cool, so I did not know what gift cards to give. Does this sound like a crappy gift? Rachal has 6 teachers,( she wants to give to all six ! ) and beau and cy have 2 each.
    Hold on. Did you say you don't have a Starbucks?!?!? That's actually kind of liberating.

As a Christmas gift I'm baking 2 or 3 different kinds of cookies. Wrapping 5 of them up in cute christmas baggies and giving them to all of my coworkers and friends.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

My youngest's teacher loves Disneyland so we got her a Disneyland blanket. I'll chip in for the class gift also. My oldest has 7 teachers, he'll bring them all cookies that I've made, along with cookies to the office staff at both schools and the prinicipals

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I won't be able to do much, but I will try to talk my mom into atleast getting them maybe boxes of Spree candy canes or something at the store.

• For You!

We usually get the teacher a book that she wants for the classroom - or someone suggested that we get a Barnes and Noble gift certificate for them. I wish we'd just do a class gift and get her something really nice.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    My youngest's teacher loves Disneyland so we got her a Disneyland blanket. I'll chip in for the class gift also. My oldest has 7 teachers, he'll bring them all cookies that I've made, along with cookies to the office staff at both schools and the prinicipals
    I want your cookies!

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    We are doing the rounding up of $10 per family to buy gifts for the teachers. It's just cheaper that way and the teachers get really nice gift certs for massages, the mall, etc.

Of course we have one mom opposed. But she's a pain in the butt anyway. She thought we should give 20 kindergarteners $5 each and let them go to the Dollar Store, so the teacher would get stuck with $100 worth of Dollar Store crapola!! UGH!

I told her to feel free to do that with her kid, but it's our opportunity to show our teacher how much she's appreciated.

And as a former teacher, no apple ornaments and no coffee mugs! There is a limit to how many you can receive, and you hit that limit your first year of teaching.
    And NOTHING with that stupid saying, "2 teach is 2 touch a life 4ever"!

My two are making Russian tea mix for their teachers along with hot chocolate cones (very cute Family Fun idea).

• Disneyland Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post

Of course we have one mom opposed. But she's a pain in the butt anyway. She thought we should give 20 kindergarteners $5 each and let them go to the Dollar Store, so the teacher would get stuck with $100 worth of Dollar Store crapola!! UGH! OMGsh I can't stand some parents like her LOL

Last year we did the "pooling" of money and got my dd's second grade teacher an IPOD and she loved it! (it helps she was friends with one of the moms, so I guess the hint worked)

This year, everybody is on their own...so I'm just doing my usual Barnes & Noble gift card, plus a cute throw and set of nice teas

• Disneyland Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    And NOTHING with that stupid saying, "2 teach is 2 touch a life 4ever"!

My two are making Russian tea mix for their teachers along with hot chocolate cones (very cute Family Fun idea).
    you mean I shouldn't get her one of those "a hundred years from now.." plaque either?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Don't get them anything that also says, "You might be a redneck if..." My teacher hated that .

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Don't get them anything that also says, "You might be a redneck if..." My teacher hated that .
    Say it isn't so. That's classic.

We're doing the coffee mugs with a Starbucks GC and a candle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast