• New Waver

Goodbye MiceChat (at least for a little while)

I just wanted to let the friends that I have on this board from and the my friends from the old Fab days that I will be leaving mice chat for a while, maybe forever. I know I have not posted much on this board since I have been super busy with my films and school but I do lurk every once in a while. I want to thank my friends for some interesting chats both here and back at Fab's but I think it is time for me to move on and do more in the real world (not that I already haven't, but now I am just saying it ). I will still lurk a bit just to check on DL news but that is about it. Also for those of you who care I am still working on my film about DL, it will be done later this summer. I don't know where I am going to screen it but perhaps I will post something when I know since I think it would be a great chance for film buffs and fans of the park to see it captured in 16mm motion picture film. I just got my work print back from the lab and the fotage is looking really great, a lot of color, much more then anything I ever took with my 3 ccd video camera!

I wish most all of you the best, and if you ever see a pale stange looking guy with a CalArts shirt on in the park filming things with a Bolex stop by and say hi. Thats it, so as Al would say "See you at Disneyland"!

• insufferable know-it-all

Good luck Boingo! I know making films takes a LOT of work!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Boingonut

I wish most all of you the best, and if you ever see a pale stange looking guy with a CalArts shirt on in the park filming things with a Bolex stop by and say hi. Thats it, so as Al would say "See you at Disneyland"!
    *reachs out lays hands on Boingonut* I feel your glory and your pain. Bolex produces a lot of beauty and a lot of suffering, Go forth and conquer and capture the world in all its glory. Plus you must be really cool if you like Oingo Boingo and goto Cal Arts...wish we would have talked while you were active!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I was wondering what had happened to you!

Good luck with your films. And please come back to let us know where you are going to screen your film. I would love to see it.

I will miss you posting here. I hope all of your dreams come true.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Boingonut
    Ah, to be in film school. For sure when I was who had time to even lurk on message boards!! It's great to hear that real FILM is still in use.. with the advent of digital video I was worried that some day it would become extinct (and it still may, thank you George!)... now be a real man and edit like I learned how... on a flatbed!!!

If I see you in the parks, I would love to say "Hi," l'll be the one in the ArtCenter jacket.
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 05-19-2005 at 08:09 PM.
    --Jonathan

• Minion

All the best and I'm envious of you being an alumni of CalArts. My last movie camera was a Super 8mm Bolex and was one of the first magnetic sound cameras. I wondered what happened to you also!