Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

frecky goes to Colorado! (very picture heavy)

After a short 2 hour nap Thursday night, I got up to start my short vacation. Since my flight was so early, I decided to just drive myself to the fly away in Van Nuys and leave my car there. Got to LAX about 4am, got my ticket, waited in the neverending line to get through security and then sit at my gate. While sitting there, there were 3 men sitting close to me and all 3 looked pretty familiar. I felt a bit silly staring at them, and didnt recognize them till they got up to board the plane. It was Boyz II Men.
    Our plane finally boarded about 6am and we were off!

The flight seemed to take forever, but of course thats because I just wanted to reach my destination NOW. The flight was smooth the whole way, and almost perfectly clear.

We landed in Denver a bit ahead of schedule, so when I called Pat to let him know I landed, he was just parking. After a few moments, we grabbed my bag and were outta there. Pat had to work a bit, so I sat around while he did....whatever it is he was doing.
    We finally got back to his house at about 2 and took a nice long rest while watching March of the Penguins.
    For dinner, Pat decided to take me somewhere he knew Id get a kick out of. If you watch South Park regularly, the name will be familar. He took me to Casa Bonita. This place is like Chuck E Cheese on steroids.

You go in, and you order what you want. Its like a buffet style line. And, everyone HAS to order. This place isnt cheap. It was totally decked out for Christmas.

http://www.casabonitadenver.com/

They had a guy diving off the waterfall in the middle of the place

And the waterfall out front.

The next day (Saturday) we decided to go to Estes Park and see the hotel that the book "The Shining" was based on. When they remade the movie with Steven Weber (Brian from "Wings"), they made it at that hotel. The original movie didnt use The Stanley hotel.
    Our drive:

The hotel

View from the hotel

And us

Downstairs we found this

Inside the hotel they had a Stanley car

The lobby

And once more for good measure and because its creepy

Then we decided to drive down to Estes Park and walk around and have lunch

And then it was time to head back.

Onto Sunday!
    Saturday night we had talked about what we were going to do Sunday, and decided to walk around downtown Denver. Since it wasnt far, we figured hey, lets sleep in.

We were both awake at 6:45!

We walked down to the state capitol and found 3 steps that are all labeled that they are exactly 1 mile above sea level.
    But, you only get to see one

Directly across from that, and about 2 blocks down was the civic center. I thought it was a federal building, but I dont live there. Oh well.
    On our walk between the 2 buildings, we came across this guy

Let me tell you, those guys are fat.
    And a view back at the capitol

A pretty church

It was sooooo pretty. At the top of the hour, the bell began to toll and you could hear Holiday music!

Its a picture of nothing. I stopped to take it, and Pat turned around noticing that I wasnt behind him anymore. He says it looks like hes saying "Um, what are you doing?"
    Then we decided to take the lightrail around. This is a bus that rides on rails
    Monday. The day I came home. My flight wasnt till 5pm, so we were seriously lazy in the morning. At least I was. Pat had to do a phone meeting with his boss and then schedule his clients out for this week.
    Afterwards, we decided to go to the Downtown Aquarium

Why theres a Tiger in an Aquarium, I dont know.

Pat and I in the tunnel

I dont know....

Pat had to actually drag me away from the Otters. Ok thats not true. I kept saying ok lets go. Id turn around to look at the other exhibit, then go back to the otters. We eventually made it away from them.

This thing. No thank you. But, I thought Id scare you....and myself with it.

Purty tigers

BOO!

And then it was time to go
    Hello LA.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• most magical vaca ever

Re: frecky goes to Colorado! (very picture heavy)

Awesome pics...

*jots a note- MUST visit Colorado*
    ~~~~~~

• Beep Beep!

Great pictures, I especially enjoyed seeing Casa Bonita again.

HDAlien

• up to no good

Wow Frecky those pics are cool... It looks like the shark love taking pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• no flash photography...

great pictures..thank you for sharing them. .now I want to got o colorado..

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

GREAT pictures Frecky!!!! Thanks for sharing with us

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Kerplookee

CASA BONITA!!! That is too funny. Loved that episode.

Colorado looks amazing. I can not wait to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    CASA BONITA!!! That is too funny. Loved that episode.

Colorado looks amazing. I can not wait to go.
    Pat was singing the song in Cartmans voice the whole time we were there. Such a nerd.
    I want to go back. right now.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Practically Perfect

Frecky, I'm so glad you had a good time! Great pictures by the way! If I'd known I'd say you could have met some of us Colorado micechatters...but it sounds like you were pretty busy

• For old time sake

I see KITTY!!! and icky snake...awesome pics my dear.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384 View Post
    Frecky, I'm so glad you had a good time! Great pictures by the way! If I'd known I'd say you could have met some of us Colorado micechatters...but it sounds like you were pretty busy
    I thought about it, but I was only there for 4 days, and wanted to spend as much time with Pat as I could
    Maybe next time.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Awwww! I miss Colorado!L Ooks like you had a great time.

Explanation of "Tigers In An Aquarium":

Before the aquarium was purchased by an aquarium chain, it was called Ocean Journey. There were two distinct exhibits each with its own story to tell. The first one was the story of the journey of the Colorado River from the Rockies to the Sea of Cortez. The second river story was the story of the Indonesian River (I think) and it's journey. Since there are tigers that live along the river, they thought it would be cool to have tigers at the aquarium.

When it was Ocean Journey, everything made a lot more sense. Now that it has been all commercialized, the story doesn't work. They used to have two sea otters, Gracie & Taylor, who were in the big tank near the restaurant & gift shop. I was very saddened to see that they took the storyline away from Ocean Journey.

When Brian was a baby, we used to go to Ocean Journey at least once a week. We planeed the time out so that we would be there when the tigers were awake and playing. So cool to watch!

More pictures please. I am feeling a bit homesick for Denver.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

The mountains look nice! Good pics Frecky .

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    Awwww! I miss Colorado!L Ooks like you had a great time.

Explanation of "Tigers In An Aquarium":

Before the aquarium was purchased by an aquarium chain, it was called Ocean Journey. There were two distinct exhibits each with its own story to tell. The first one was the story of the journey of the Colorado River from the Rockies to the Sea of Cortez. The second river story was the story of the Indonesian River (I think) and it's journey. Since there are tigers that live along the river, they thought it would be cool to have tigers at the aquarium.

When it was Ocean Journey, everything made a lot more sense. Now that it has been all commercialized, the story doesn't work. They used to have two sea otters, Gracie & Taylor, who were in the big tank near the restaurant & gift shop. I was very saddened to see that they took the storyline away from Ocean Journey.

When Brian was a baby, we used to go to Ocean Journey at least once a week. We planeed the time out so that we would be there when the tigers were awake and playing. So cool to watch!

More pictures please. I am feeling a bit homesick for Denver.
    Thank you so much for that! I wasnt complaining at all about them being there, just was very curious as to why they were there. Im sure if I just asked, or you know, read the signs I coulda found out on my own but hearing it from you was way better

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Frecky, if you thought the hotel from The Shining was creepy, I have something even scarier for you in the Denver area. My mother in law lives in Denver. If you ever want to be truly scared, I'll pass along her address before your next visit.

Great pictures!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast