Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Climbers may have been located.

I hope the other two men are found but I also wish they never left the area Kelly was found in because then they would have been found already. It's never good to leave an area unless you know exactly where to go.

But man I really feel bad for their families . This is really sad .

• Banned User

Re: Climbers may gave been located.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    Our tax dollars are spent on many many stupid things- seach and resue is not one of them.

I have hope that the other two climbers will be found. What a Christmas Miracle that would be.
    If you live in Oregon some of your tax money DOES go to rescue efforts.

This search has so far costed Oregon state $2 million dollars. And one of the rescuers has been injured.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    Awwwww, this whole situation sucks. I hate hearing about this kinda stuff around the Holidays. I hope they find the other two climbers alive.

Funny thing, I was just thinking all that about smoking...
    Aww I love all of the snide comments made about me on MC. You're such a nice person!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    If you live in Oregon some of your tax money DOES go to rescue efforts.

This search has so far costed Oregon state $2 million dollars. And one of the rescuers has been injured.

Oh man, too bad this money isn't getting put to good use, I mean, saving lives? I say let them die and decrease the surplus population. *rolls eyes*
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Oh man, too bad this money isn't getting put to good use, I mean, saving lives? I say let them die and decrease the surplus population. *rolls eyes*
    Look I'm glad we're looking for them but honestly, who thinks to climb a mountain when you know it's going to snow like this? Doesn't anyone think about these things?

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Look I'm glad we're looking for them but honestly, who thinks to climb a mountain when you know it's going to snow like this? Doesn't anyone think about these things?
    Weather can change pretty quickly. They most likely had the go ahead that it was safe conditions.
    Dont believe me? We had reports for a week straight that we were supposed to get rain sat and then severe thunderstorms on Sunday. Guess what, it was sunny all day Sunday. So dont go automatically assuming that people are going out in really bad weather.
    And, as an avid snowboarder, I know they actually CLOSE mountains when the weather isnt safe to climb/snowboard/ski in.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I think the point of mountain climbing is to challenge yourself to doing it in extreme condiitions. These guys were not novices, they knew what they were doing and they knew the risks involved. They are not as dumb as you are trying to make them out to be. If someone drowns while swimming the English Channel, do you think they are stupid and didn't know the risks?

I hope you are never in, say, a car accident and need to be rescued. I think you would view those services a little bit differently. I know my sister is glad they were there to save her life when she needed it.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Look I'm glad we're looking for them
    Then stop complaining! For someone who is glad that the search and rescue is continuing, you're putting in quite the argument for the opposite point

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    but honestly, who thinks to climb a mountain when you know it's going to snow like this?
    Experienced mountain climbers who know the risks involved, and who want to feel the pride that can come from such an accomplishment.

Doesn't anyone think about these things?
    Obviously you do, but your arguments aren't very good.
    What an idiot....

• Island Paradise

These men were experienced climbers, but in no way does that make them able to predict the weather.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of the climbers, as well as the rescue workers. They want to find them and the longer they go without positive news, the heavier the search will weigh upon their hearts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
    I hope you are never in, say, a car accident and need to be rescued. I think you would view those services a little bit differently. I know my sister is glad they were there to save her life when she needed it.
    Actually I was in a very serious car accident when I was 16. A drunk driver hit my side of the car when my cousin was driving and I almost lost my right foot. Being rescued from a wrecked Focus on the 5 South is an entirely different matter than being rescued from Mt Hood.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Actually I was in a very serious car accident when I was 16. A drunk driver hit my side of the car when my cousin was driving and I almost lost my right foot. Being rescued from a wrecked Focus on the 5 South is an entirely different matter than being rescued from Mt Hood.
    But lives are still in danger.

Are you placing more value on your own life than you are with the climbers?
    What an idiot....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

You can't predict the weather, sorry. I hope they are ok.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Sorry, I don't think its any different. If you want strangers to rescue you from peril, how can you expect them to not rescue another fellow human being whose life is in danger? When you are in a caring profession, it is your job to help anyone who needs it, no matter what the situation. You don't refuse treatment to a patient with COPD just because they smoked 3 packs a day. Aren't you in nursing school? Your point of view just surprises me since I assume from posts you have made in the past that you are training in a caring profession.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Do you drive in the rain? If so, by your statements you are just as "foolish" as the climbers for putting yourself in danger in terrible weather conditions.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

How? A rescue is a rescue is a rescue.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast