Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: Star Wars at OMSI, a Trip Report (photo heavy!)

Ive decided we're going when it comes here. I saw this and ran into my brothers room to show him. He has Star wars models hanging from his ceiling and the original movie poster (was our older cousins who got it when the movie first came out and gave it to sam about 10 years ago framed) on his wall.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Senior Minion

I remember you had mentioned this. Thanks for sharing your trip. Truly amazing. Yoda and all the rest of the different creatures from the Star Wars Universe.
    How great for you to see these up close.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Man O Lantern

Tina, I'm glad it's coming to town close-ish to you!

And frecky, I'm sure your brother would love it!

TTD--the first few weeks, there were Storm Troopers patroling the entrance, it was pretty cute. After the kids doing the Jedi Training Academy at Disneyland (and watching the videos nonstop for three weeks now) and going to this four times, I'm *almost* Star Wars'ed out. But I remember the exhibit you went to, and if it was nearby, I'd go to that one in a heartbeat, too.

• Senior Minion

I'm so glad you did go. This one was really worth it!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Man O Lantern

The volume is loud on this, and there's nothing to hear anyway...so turn it waaaay down.

This was a cute ride, free with the exhibit. The girls did it til they got dizzy.

• Again! Again! Again!

Great report Stink!! That looks sooo cool. My inner Star Wars geek totally just came out looking at these pictures!!

Dmom, I will SO go with you guys!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I can't wait til' this comes to my city.....
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Circle of Ancients

Stinkerbell...these pictures are sooo cool! Thanks for sharing! I've got to show them to my Courtney ..she's going to wish she could have been there!

Did you get a picture of Salacious Crumb by any chance ? He is one of my favorite characters from Star Wars. I love his laugh!!!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I can't wait til' this comes to my city.....
    Did you go, smart aleck??

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

That is so amazing and awesome!! I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, I like Star Wars but I'd love to see that!! I went to OMSI back in the late 70's when I was in high school. It was an incredible place back then, I'm sure its even more incredible now!! Thanks so much for sharing these!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Man O Lantern

Before we went to OMSI, we ate lunch at the Spaghetti Factory down on the waterfront, near the new construction of the SW waterfront condos and OHSU campus.

These are the new condos going in:

And next to them is an extension of OHSU. The city recently put in a $55 million tram to connect the campus on the hill to the campus on the waterfront.

One of the weight bearing things:

Same one, different angle (I was driving by):

Here's the tram. They have two going at a time, one up and one down. I'm definitely not used to it yet and it's not open to the public, just OHSU employees for now.

"My" hill from the Spaghetti Factory parking lot. Our house is just below the red/white tower on Council Crest:

Same hill from OMSI:

The river is way too high (at OMSI):

From our table at lunch:

It was the coldest grayest day today. Bah. Stupid winter!

At least we had fun:

• Circle of Ancients

Brrrrrrr ! Looks like it was cold there!

Your girls are darling in every picture!

This looks like a lot of fun. I will be sure to go when it comes to L.A. Being a Star Wars fan and already planning May around the 30th anniversary plus the big convention and the Celebration in Europe, this looks like another Star Wars year.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Stinkerbell -- I think we are venturing down from the Puget Sound area mid week next week just for this. So far, it might only be hubby and Caitlyn (who doesn't know it yet but mommy found her a green electronic light saber with lights and sound!!). I haven't figured if it is worth the trek for Sawyer (he's 2) -what are your thoughts? He's seen a little of some of the movies, but is by no means a Star Wars fan. Hmmm...maybe he and I could get in some after Christmas tax free shopping... (one of my favorite things about a trip to Portland!)

Thanks for the great report - and if I haven't said it before, thanks for sharing that your daughter is such a star wars girl! It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Man O Lantern

Thanks all! I tried not to post too many kids pics. They were a little crazy today.

tinkermonkey, that's quite a drive down here for that! But you know, we've driven to Seattle for things that haven't come here, so I guess it goes both ways. I'm just not used to Portland getting anything Seattle doesn't!

Your two year old may like the rest of OMSI more than the SW exhibit (do you go to Pacific Science Center?), or he might really enjoy it. I think it's a bit stiff financially for what it is, but I'm cheap! With our OMSI membership, it made it feasible to go multiple times.

Portland's such a mess lately, with all the construction downtown and on the waterfront. It's been a little UGH lately, enough already!!

But after-Christmas shopping with no sales tax might make the trip a treat for everyone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast