I was reading another thread, folks commenting about a possible draft, then I started to think, and I decided to listen to the poem "A Soldier's Silent Night".

This poem was written in 1987, and published in 1991 and I don't know how long this MP3 has been available.

I understand our soldiers, I was one, I served proudly in Vietnam, I came home not to a warm welcome and thanks for your service, but to curses and hatrid for my service. Hard to over come, not sure I ever have over come my "welcome home" by a "grateful nation".

I for one salute our soldiers, and all who serve our country to protect our freedoms, to all who don't want to serve and protect our freedoms, well, that's up to you. But at least I hope you will remember those who serve proudly, and remember our commander-in-chief who serves proudly also.

Anyway, just thought you might like a link to "A Soldier's Silent Night", very moving.

http://www.tankmastergunner.com/silent%20night.htm

This post is not meant to start a debate, not a flame war either way, just a salute and a Merry Christmas to our brave men and women who protect us all.

BTW: Listen to it all, I believe it reflects the way many of our men and women serving feel our nation feel.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

CU@DL

Andy