Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Kind thoughts for our friends in the Colorado area, and the Pacific Northwest

This is a thread for those who'd like to express support to some of our MiceChat friends living in the weather-ravaged areas - such as Colorado, the plains states and the Pacific Northwest.

It is our fervent prayer that you are all safe, warm and dry tonight. And if there is anything you might need...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Kind thoughts for our friends in the Colorado area, and the Pacific Northwest

Dear Barry and MC friends,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind thoughts. We're safe and sound here at my little Walden, but it almost wasn't to be.

My boss decided that we would be the ONLY school open in the entire Colorado Springs metro area...the same county that was declared a 'disaster emergency,' insisting people would go home.

So I had to drive through it. My partner got off work eariler than I did!

The dog now won't go outside to go potty. It's a sad moment when the canine has more common sense (to not go outside) than the humans do. We have to pick her up, run outside, drop her onto the lawn and then run back in. She does her business, hops over the drifts and comes back in.

The heat is cranked and I don't have work today. The house has a slight creak to it when the wind blows, making it hard to sleep through the night. To top off it off, I have a massive head cold, so staying home is just the right remedy.

A person slid off the road in front of our house last night--I invited him in for coffee and a warm place (we have picture windows in front of the house and we saw him lose control) to call for help if he needed it, but he declined. Another car eventually grabbed him and took him home, so now there's a strange vehicle in front of our space.

Such as it is.

Again, thanks for your prayers.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Kind thoughts for our friends in the Colorado area, and the Pacific Northwest

Oh my gosh Roo!!! I hope this weather passes soon for you guys! I know its winter and its suspose to be cold but what you guys are dealing with it just insane!! Stay home, stay warm and STAY SAFE!!

A friend of ours is suspose to drive to Colorado Springs to spend Christmas with his parents this weekend!! Maybe by Friday things will be better.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• For You!

Roo! I hope you're stocked up on the hot chocolate! Please stay warm and safe!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• up to no good

Wow Roo that was very kind of you to offer your home and services to the motorist.. Be safe and stay warm...
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• Senior Minion

Thanks Barry for starting this thread. I truly do hope that all the people in those areas make it through this rough patch well.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Dear Barry and MC friends,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind thoughts. We're safe and sound here at my little Walden, but it almost wasn't to be.

My boss decided that we would be the ONLY school open in the entire Colorado Springs metro area...the same county that was declared a 'disaster emergency,' insisting people would go home.

So I had to drive through it. My partner got off work eariler than I did!

The dog now won't go outside to go potty. It's a sad moment when the canine has more common sense (to not go outside) than the humans do. We have to pick her up, run outside, drop her onto the lawn and then run back in. She does her business, hops over the drifts and comes back in.

The heat is cranked and I don't have work today. The house has a slight creak to it when the wind blows, making it hard to sleep through the night. To top off it off, I have a massive head cold, so staying home is just the right remedy.

A person slid off the road in front of our house last night--I invited him in for coffee and a warm place (we have picture windows in front of the house and we saw him lose control) to call for help if he needed it, but he declined. Another car eventually grabbed him and took him home, so now there's a strange vehicle in front of our space.

Such as it is.

Again, thanks for your prayers.

Peace,
    Roo
    Roo - my thoughts and prayers are with you! Please stay safe and warm.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Mouse Lounge Podcast Host

Never even lost power here in Vail, Colorado...but friends in Seattle and the surrounding area sure got spanked. Happy thoughts for them!

• Banned User

Stay warm roo, ! Sending good thoughts and prayer to you and all those in colorado!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Roo, glad that you guys are safe!!!

MY parents are all right too. They got 20 inches where they live. The pictures are just crazy!! THey're supposed to fly out gtomorrow evening. I feel bad for the people who were stranded in their cars and at the airport. What a mess

I hope everyone else in those areas are OK
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Directly directed

My thoughts and prayers to everyone who is stuck at an airport. And as a resident of the Pacific Northwest I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers too!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Thanks for the thoughts Barry-

Wednesday morning there was only a little snow on the ground- and shortly before 5am my SO's work called him in. Luckily I was off- so I stayed home. The snow got so bad that they finally realized he could not work safely and they sent him home- but his car was snowed in. Thankfully someone was able to dig him out and he made it home.

On the down side though- I was horribly sick and in a massive amount of pain. Nothing helped and so at 11pm Wednesday night I called 911- at that point I was literally in the grips of teeth clenching agony and I knew I needed help. They did manage to get an ambulance to our home (both cars were stuck) and they got me some pain meds which helped.

They gave me an IV in a spot that caused constant pain- I finally got someone to remove it and put in a new one. They drew blood and left a huge black and blue mark. I've been tubed and poked and it was miserable. Thanks to many pain meds and valium I was finally able to sleep.

I even had a CAT scan- oh whee.

Turns out I have a bowel obstruction- scar tissue from the surgeries back in 2002. They twist up inside and block everything and the pain is unbearable. For a while they had a tube in my stomach and they talked about me not going to work- and being hospitalized for a while. Luckily it worked itself out- and so they kept me for a day letting me eat things slowly (clear first- then soft foods). We only got home because someone had a jeep and he was willing to take us. (SO and Rose were with me- the boys were home alone).

So- I am beaten and bruised and frankly afraid to eat anything. Every twinge has me on edge and I can't get a hold of my surgeon. I'm at work today because we were able to get one car out- hopefully they will get mine out today.

The snow is lovely- but I wish I was not out in it. Tomorrow I need to go run errands before Christmas- and hopefully this problem will not repeat anytime soon.

Fact is- I may need surgery again to remove the scar tissue- which has me more than a little tense.

Happy Hoildays - hah

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Yikes Neph!!! Get better soon!!

So does anyone from the area have photos to share? Or has anyone received photos from friends in the area??

My friend lives in Highlands Ranch just south of Denver and she sent some photos.

Looking out her front door:

Winter scene. Dad pulling child. Neighbors shoveling the driveway:

And looking from their bedroom window towards the Rockies:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Wow what a storm. I hope everything turns out well for them and everyone turns out ok.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Keeping the wonderful folks impacted by the bad weather in my thoughts.

Olympicnut, those pictures are amazing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast