Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• off in lala land

My Latest Target Shopping experience

Let just start off by saying, I LOVE TARGET. I live less than 5 minutes from Target, and know where each and every Target is within a 30 mile radius. I can take one street from my house and hit 5 target stores in 20 minutes. Every Saturday at midnight or first thing Sunday morning, I get online to check out the latest Target ad. And when I head to Disneyland, I visit the Target down there too! I remember when they remodeled the Target, and was happy to see the new look. Needless to say, I have an addiction to Target.

I wanted to start this thread so other people can share their latest experience and affection for Target.

Last night, I picked up several DVD's, including White Noise. I love their clearance section, be it in electronics or clothes.

I'd have to say, the best purchase I made at Target was a T-shirt that I paid $2.39 for, and several pair of jeans for $6.49. Cha-ching!! SCORE!!
    ...it's been a long time.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain
    YeSS!! I am a HUGE fan of Target too!! My favorite part is bargain hunting, I just LOVE those little red clearance stickers!!

Of course, you have to know how to shop at Target: wandering around the middle of the stores is a waste of time.. head directly to the side to the perimeter of the store and circle the whole store on the outside aisles. They put all the clearance merchandise from each section on the "end cap," the shelves on the ends of the aisles on the outside. Look for those little red stickers!! Then pick through the piles for bargains!!

Tips: if they have a LOT of something, then most likely they just went on sale. The markdown is only like 20%-30%. WAIT--it will continue to be marked down in the following days. The by third markdown... it's up to 50%. I recommend a BUY at this point, especially if it's an item you really were looking for, they don't last too long. Mark downs can be as high as 90%!!!! (especially holiday stuff).

If you see an item that looks like it's been on the shelf a LoooonG time (you may have even seen it before) but there is a clearance sticker on it that says it's only been marked down like 15%-20%, GO SCAN IT. the sticker is probably out of date, continual markdowns are automatically applied to the UPC code and it will scan MUCH lower!

ALWAYS scan first; if you come a cross a clearance item that has a "no price found" message on the scanner--SCORE! But this is important: if there is a price visible on the sticker, you MUST scrape off that part of the sticker so it is can't be read. The cashier will just punch in that price, and trust me it is much lower than that now. Take the item, with the PARTIAL sticker on it to the customer service counter, and ask them to look up the price. They will give you a price that is probably 75% off, much less than the sticker said.

Target isn't just a store... it's a hobby.

--Jonathan

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Ahh Target bliss! Add me to the list of Target diciples

My best recent purchase was a V neck tee for $1.98 in a wonderful green color and a TON of "Girls Night Out" stuff in the $1 section that was HALF OFF, yeah baby. You just know when that stuff goes half off then it's just screaming BUY ME!

I happen to know we have a certain poster here that is considered the Target Onstar by my family. Others may say they are Target fans but no one has anything on Mr. Target Onstar! You can tm him a picture from any store and he'll tell you where in the store you are located it, we've tried it at many locations. With his Target skills so amazing that my 10 year old has dubbed him Target Onstar

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• -Going Retro-

Target On Star how may I help you?

There is no way I can list all my great items I've scored at Target

I will share some I'm quite proud of There was a out door patio bar I LOVED I think the price was 79.00 it was marked down 30% I decided to wait a little longer then, low and behold like a beam of white light shining down upon it, I saw the little orange sticker that said 36.99!!!

Target is great fun year round however, July, January and Sept I find to be the best times for clearance July and January are inventory months and Sept you can find great summer clearance!

• /sigh

Oh, Target..how dangerous you are to me. Literally across the street from work is Target....which I go on break almost everyday. I think I'm going to buy that store out one of these days.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Whenever my friends and I are bored, Target is ALWAYS the first suggestion.

• I am the Governator!!

As I work in a Target I shop there all the time. I love to shop at target especially the 1 spot sometimes there are really cool things for just a dollar.
    One bad note though. I used to eat the hot dogs all the time because they were only a $1 so I could get 2 a coke and a bag of chips for less than $4 but now the price has doubled it sucks
    I will save the princess, though I do not know the way.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    I really love Target, but I always spend way more than I planned to when I go there. I steer clear unless I absolutely HAVE to.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I love Target, growing up in MN, we were surrounded by it, my dad's an architect and had a huge contract with them, so he would remodel all of the stores across the country, he could name the store number of almost all of the stores. The big event each week growing up was seeing the Target ad on sunday. When a Target ad is equal to the comics section of the sunday paper to a 10 year old, you know there's an addiction there

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    I really love Target, but I always spend way more than I planned to when I go there. I steer clear unless I absolutely HAVE to.
    Oh yes I am soooo guilty of this. I can't tell you how many times I've spoken to Target Onstar after going wayyyy overbudget.........AGAIN :o

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    my mom would love this thread...
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• done

Target has a lot of our money from our shopping trip this morning. They had sent us a coupon book for some Star Wars stuff - so today was the day we used it. Star Wars Trivia DVD game coupon and dark chocolate M&Ms coupon. We picked up a bunch of Star Wars stuff (we'd bought some of the toys when they were first released but were holding off on looking at some of the stuff until we'd seen the film to make sure we didn't get too many spoilers from the toys), and all the Star Wars stuff was on sale to boot. SCORE!

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    TARGET is my discount/convenience store of choice. I practically refuse to step foot in "that other store" because it's pure evil (besides being messy and cheap...). But Target is the best. Always has been, always will be!
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Oh yes I am soooo guilty of this. I can't tell you how many times I've spoken to Target Onstar after going wayyyy overbudget.........AGAIN :o
    :confused: What's a budget?

Man, I thought it was just me. I find EVERYTHING I need there. Easy return policy too. And do you all say it: "Tar-jay" like we do?
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• /sigh

But, of course, Jenn...is there any other way to pronounce Tar-jay?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast