Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 113
  1. #31

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    You should back off a bit. The kid was just trying to share some interesting info and started a fun thread. You have done nothing but attack him and reply negativly to other people's posts.
    I understand what you're saying.

    However, you should keep in mind that MiceChat is one of the most heavily trafficked Disney sites in existence. Having material on here that is plagerized from another, somewhat competing website, can open MC up to a lot of legal trouble, and possibly denegrate MC's reputation in the online community.

    Working in the legal field, I can tell you that this is a serious consideration.

    I don't believe justjohn is just picking on this to be mean. He has the best interests of MiceChat at heart, as I'm sure most of us do.

    Information gleened from other sites has GOT to be attributed to those sites. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  2. #32

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    I understand what you're saying.

    However, you should keep in mind that MiceChat is one of the most heavily trafficked Disney sites in existence. Having material on here that is plagerized from another, somewhat competing website, can open MC up to a lot of legal trouble, and possibly denegrate MC's reputation in the online community.

    Working in the legal field, I can tell you that this is a serious consideration.

    I don't believe justjohn is just picking on this to be mean. He has the best interests of MiceChat at heart, as I'm sure most of us do.

    Information gleened from other sites has GOT to be attributed to those sites. Period.

    I undersatnd what you are saying here, but Ive got information from all different sites. Would you like me to cite all?

  3. #33

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I undersatnd what you are saying here, but Ive got information from all different sites. Would you like me to cite all?
    The honorable thing for you to do is cite every source you use. It doesn't matter how many sources you use, you have to cite them, or it's called plagerism. Plain and simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  4. #34

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    You should back off a bit. The kid was just trying to share some interesting info and started a fun thread. You have done nothing but attack him and reply negativly to other people's posts.
    Plagiarism is not something to be taken lightly. What happens in school when you plagiarise a paper? Does everybody compliment the work and give you an A? This is a pretty serious thing we are dealing with here.

    I have not attacked anybody nor have I replied negatively to other peoples posts, I have clarified what is going on and what work needs to be congratulated.

    All that would need to happen for me to back off, would be to edit the first post to say that the information is being gathered from www.mickeynews.com.

    I don't think the administrators of this website would appreciate somebody else taking credit for their hard work, so why shouldn't we extend that courtesy to the owners of that website?
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

  5. #35

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I undersatnd what you are saying here, but Ive got information from all different sites. Would you like me to cite all?
    It would probably be best. While you're copy/pasting from the site, you can copy/paste the website address too. Thats all there is to it!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  6. #36

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    I know what Plagiarism is and i am aware of the consiquences of it also. I have edited my first post and listed this website. Thanks.

  7. #37

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I undersatnd what you are saying here, but Ive got information from all different sites. Would you like me to cite all?
    I've checked your info against that website and it's ALL cut and paste. If you are pulling info off of many different websites, yes you should give credit to each individual site.

    Barfownz, you need to understand that this can get you in serious trouble when you get into college. I am just trying to instill this practice in you at an early age.
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

  8. #38

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I know what Plagiarism is and i am aware of the consiquences of it also. I have edited my first post and listed this website. Thanks.
    ^^^^^

  9. #39

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    To start off the new year of 2007. I'll be updating this thread DAILY with "This Day in Disney History" factoids. Enjoy!

    Source: http://www.mickeynews.com

    December 31st 2006:

    1936: Walt and Lillian Disney adopted a daughter - Sharon Mae


    1957 : Leigh Woolfenden became Disneyland's 10,000th visitor


    1992: 8TRAX nightclub opened at Pleasure Island


    1995 : EPCOT's World of Motion closed


    1999: Fantasia / 2000 released


    2003: The Disney Club ceased operations. It was replaced by a Disney Visa card.
    Beautiful!

    I really appreciate it, this is seriously for your own good throughout your academic career.
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

  10. #40

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    I'm am aware of it. I saw other "This Day in Disney History" thread on other fan sites and they didn't cite tehir work. so i thought it was ok.

  11. #41

    • itty bitty
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The sun shines wherever I go
    Posts
    9,632
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I'm am aware of it. I saw other "This Day in Disney History" thread on other fan sites and they didn't cite tehir work. so i thought it was ok.
    Just cause someone else does something, doesnt always mean its ok.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

  12. #42

    • Mr. Faranheit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,515
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I'm am aware of it. I saw other "This Day in Disney History" thread on other fan sites and they didn't cite tehir work. so i thought it was ok.
    No problem, if something ever comes up now, everybodies bases are covered.
    Be controversial

    Be outspoken

    Be outrageous

    Just don't be boring

  13. #43

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    No problem, if something ever comes up now, everybodies bases are covered.
    Well, Thanks a lot John. I appreciate your "words" of wisdom. (No sarcasm intended)

  14. #44

    • And they call me Mad!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Your Mind
    Posts
    10,962
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    Well it's almost a new day here in MN, so I'll give you a few more little known Disney facts that happened on Janurary 5th!

    1965: While looking for funding for his latest attraction (the Haunted Manstion)Walt Disney runs into a bank with a machine gun and demands all the money in the safe. When the police arrived, Walt grabbed one of them and said "See you in the Haunted Mansion, Punk" Needless to say the Haunted mansion has always it's 1,000th ghost. Walt just never told anyone. The Police officers bone's can be seen on the headboard of the bed in Pirates of the Caribbean.

    1995: The US Federal government demands a public apology for the crappiness of EPCOT.

    2003: The Maliboomer in Disney's California Adventure is launched with too much speed and shoots into the sky killing all on board.
    What an idiot....

    Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.


  15. #45

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: This Day in Disney History

    ^^^ I have to say that the one about the Haunted Mansion is funny.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fun and Disney History
    By Mr. Lightyear999 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 07:21 AM
  2. Piece of Disney History pin series
    By AdventurersClub in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 03:24 AM
  3. Disney History
    By TheCrew in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 06:25 PM
  4. This Day in Disney History
    By BigDaddyKyle in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 08:55 AM
  5. 20K piece of Disney History!
    By angryrubberduck in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 05:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •