Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Question Any soy milk drinkers here?

On January 1st, 2007 I begun my journey as a vegetarian. It wasn't a hard transition since I never ate much meat besides chicken to begin with. I've been reading a few books and they all basically say that soy milk is better than cows milk. So how does soy milk taste? I'd be willing to make the transition if it's not that big of a change in taste because if you know me you know that I LOVE milk.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: Any soy milk drinkers here?

I am interested to see what people have to say because I LOVE milk too. I have been known to drink a gallon a day. Although I have no intention of ever going vegetarian so I guess it is inconsequential for me.

I get soy milk in my latte's at Starbucks, but that's about it.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Soy, soy, soy. That's all I can have. Milk makes me very sick. So it is soy with my cereal in the mornings, soy in my Starbucks, soy in the cakes I bake, and soy that I dream of every night when the lights go out (well maybe not that last part). I actually like the soy. I get the vanilla kind.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    I am interested to see what people have to say because I LOVE milk too. I have been known to drink a gallon a day. Although I have no intention of ever going vegetarian so I guess it is inconsequential for me.

I get soy milk in my latte's at Starbucks, but that's about it.
    I can drink a gallon in a day too! I've cut back though and focus more on juice.

I've also given up gelatin, it's animal feet and used in Jello and Skittles and other products.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Soy is a good way to get your protein if you are going for a more strict vegetarian diet. Probably a mix of both is best since cow's milk is also good for you.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Senior Minion

Soy milk isn't that bad, and actually as Dustysage noted Vanilla is a good flavor to start off with. I enjoy soy milk with my cereal, then again I dislike milk very much.

Plus ... milk isn't meant for humans ... it's for cows.

• no flash photography...

Iliek chocolate soy milk...ot tastes pretty good, but a bit watery. I don't liek vanilla or plain soy milk. I have never liked regualr milk. I won't drink it unless it has chocolate in it...

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I can drink a gallon in a day too! I've cut back though and focus more on juice.

I've also given up gelatin, it's animal feet and used in Jello and Skittles and other products.
    Actually it's liagments, tendons and hooves generally from Cows and horses. And theres geletain in things you wouldn't expect like Junior Mints. I'm still bitter about that one.
    I'm a vegetarian but I"m not vegan. But I dislike milk. And I really dislike soy milk, however it is tolerable with my Cheerios.

What made you decide to become a vegetarian?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Actually it's liagments, tendons and hooves generally from Cows and horses. And theres geletain in things you wouldn't expect like Junior Mints. I'm still bitter about that one.
    I'm a vegetarian but I"m not vegan. But I dislike milk. And I really dislike soy milk, however it is tolerable with my Cheerios.

What made you decide to become a vegetarian?
    Yeah I'm looking up the gelatin and ligaments thing to see what else it's in.

I decided to be a vegetarian after researching a huge paper I did in English about seal clubbing in Canada. Alot of my research was done on peta.com so I learned alot more about other animals as well. I also tried to be vegetarian when I was 12 but my Mom wouldn't let me until I was an adult.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    On January 1st, 2007 I begun my journey as a vegetarian. It wasn't a hard transition since I never ate much meat besides chicken to begin with. I've been reading a few books and they all basically say that soy milk is better than cows milk. So how does soy milk taste? I'd be willing to make the transition if it's not that big of a change in taste because if you know me you know that I LOVE milk.
    Well...it doesn't taste like dairy milk, just like Boca Burgers don't really taste like real beef. If I'm doing soy, my personal preference is for 8th Continent Vanilla flavored soy milk. Silk is okay, but it's kind of chalky.
    She did it!

• decorating

Silk is the best (I drink it occasionally.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Don't base this decision just on Peta... they are very slanted and biased.
    Not that vegetarian isn't a good way to go, not that animals still aren't mistreated. I'm just saying... research more than site or group before making a big decision.

I think the best way to is to buy some soy milk and see. I've never had straight soy milk, but I do have soy chocolate milk (reg, soy and choc. liquid) and the taste is different than milk... but after a few sips I get used to it and it's fine. I think Soy Dream is the brand they use at work, I can check for sure tomorrow.

you also might want to try rice milk... I have no clue about that, though.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Brrr...its cold out there

I thought that I originally would not like Soy Milk but I was surprised, it was pretty good..at least what I have in my lattes. I have actually had alot more Soy milk in my Starbucks coffees than before. I agree with Lori Beth...try it out and see what you like best, there are quite a few different ones out there.

• e komo mai

Soy milk with vanilla is good. It took me some time to get used to it, but it has a lot of protein which I totally need in the mornings. I used to drink whole milk and never thought I'd switch to skim. Now I only drink skim or soy.

• Minion

Blog Entries

i tried soy nog for christmas this year and it actually tasted better, not as thick, but better

never had the milk but i'm tempted to try it

i only use milk in cereal and thats like once a month, so i' not a milk drinker...it actually tatses sour to me when not in cereal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast