Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

It's cookie time!!!

Yep, starting this week, Girl Scouts will be going door-to-door taking orders for their delicious cookies!!! (now made with no trans fats)
    New this year is "Lemonades" which is a shortbread cookie with tangy lemon icing.
    I would start a poll asking what your favorite kind of Girl Scout cookie is, but they are called something different depending on where you live, i've learned this.
    Example: Last year, at a site sale, I said I would buy a box of Tagalongs and they looked at me funny. Here, they are called Peanut Butter Patties. Not when I was a girl scout they weren't. And I was a girl scout for 10 years, and the price only went up $1 a box in those 10 years.

So, I will ask: What is your favorite Girl Scout Cookie???

My favorites: Do-Si-Do's (peanut butter oatmeal cookie), Tagalongs and Samoas (coconut).
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Re: It's cookie time!!!

I'va always wondered, does ANYBODY eat the plain shortbread cookies?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    My brother loved them, before he decided not to eat cookies anymore.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I always thought people bought the shortbread cookies when everything else sold out or they didn't want to take all of the samoa's.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Directly directed

Samoas and Thin Mints. That's funny about Tagalogs! Do they even still sell the shortbread ones?

• no flash photography...

samoas, but I will not be buying any this year.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    I love the shortbread cookies! They are great when you want a desserty thing but nothing too sweet.

I want to try the new lemon cookies, sounds delish.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Waiting for the stork

Oh hell, this is a dangerous time of year...

~Thin mints....all time favorite
    ~My family loves the Samoas (coconut ones, I hate those)
    ~we do get the shortbread, but I have found out that they taste different depending on where they are made...go figure) the ones my mom buys in her area taste way better than what I can buy here.
    ~Lemon coolers (lemon cookie with powdered sugar, I hope they still have those)
    ~Tagalongs (peanut butter covered in chocolat)

those are our favorites, but I'll be honest, we get all of them, usualy about 10-12 boxes a year...but that's because my daughter was selling them for a long time, and now her best friend does....so I have to...

(not that I'm complaining though) ant they freeze really well, so I have them for most of the year...one box at a time...(I always hide a box of Thin mints, and in the summer it's frozen thin mints...that's yummy....)

Wow, long winded answer...

Damn, now I'm craving cookies
    procrastibating

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

We don't get cookies here until like February or March. Then I'm staking out every local Wal-Mart and Publix to get my grubby paws on as many boxes of Thin Mints and Tagalongs as possible. I love freezing the Thin Mints.... DELISH!

• Senior Minion

When I had to go around taking orders for the cookies, I always went during the play-offs and the superbowl day and got many more orders that way.
    Men would be cheering cause their team is winning and so they'll order like 8 or 9 boxes and then when the cookies get delivered, they are surprised that they ordered any and the wife is mad because she had already ordered a bunch, and now they have more.
    Besides, people have a hard time resisting a cute little girl in a brownie uniform even more so when she smiles. I learned that.

If you are craving cookies just thinking about them, try this. My mom was service unit cookie manager for a few years, and all the cases of cookies were delievered to our house for the troops to pick them up at. Our entire garage will filled top to bottom with cases and cases of cookies, and they were delivered by giant beakins trucks.
    That is temptation.

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I love freezing the Thin Mints.... DELISH
    I do the same...wouldn't be as good not frozen...

• is on the rocks

Hmmm - Thin Mints are my absolute favorite. Do-si-dos and Tagalongs are a distant second. I also liked the All Abouts (thin shortbread with chocolate on one side).

I remember selling Girl Scout cookies, and back in the '70's, they used to sell cheese crackers and sandwich cookies too. But some things - like Thin Mints - are classics that don't seem to ever change.
    She did it!

• Banned User

I refuse to pay $4 for a box of cookies so the group of girls can go to camp.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    It's only $2.50 out here, or at least it was last year. When I quit in California, it was $3.50 a box.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Yeah because I'd rather have them on the streets selling drugs for ten bucks a dime bag.

I don't understand how anybody can be against their cookies. Four bucks is NOT a lot of money, it goes to a good cause (which includes a lot more then them going to camp) and they are delicious!

Damn those cute little girls trying to swindle me out of my money!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast