Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

2 Theme Parks-2 Days: A Trip Report by frecky

A few of us decided to head to Universal Studios Saturday.

I met G4 at the front gate at about 9:30, to ticket lines that werent that long, but people seemed to be taking forever. After we got in, we decided to process our annual passes right away as to avoid lines that we knew would be long as the day went on. We were greeted by a 5 minute wait time. After that, we headed to get food then wander around while we waited for justjohn and Simply Sabrina.

Sean Bean cutout advertising "The Hitcher"

The people in the windows were making comments about everyone walking around.

The Backside of the old Wild Wild West Stuntshow

The Universal Christmas Tree

Look! Its King Kong.

One of my favorite movies
    We then met up with JJ and SS and went to animal show. Personally, I thought it was better when it was the animal planet live show. It was really short this time.

Wait a minute, thats not right!

Oh, there we go.

We went to watch Shrek 4D

Then time for the escalator ride down to the lower lot.

We rode The Mummy (jack that was for you)
    Afterwards we went to the sound effect stage show, and after that we got in line for Jurassic Park. While in line, they had "tecnical difficulties" so we got out of line and met up with dmom and her family. We rode the escalator ride back up again and went to get in line for the backlot tram.

Girls in the front row, boys all in the back

Instead of going over the collapsing bridge, we now went to a thing for Fast and the Furious :Tokyo Drift

Dancing cars
    Look its Jaws!

G4, SS and me

SS, me and dmom
    After the tram, we met up with MissChristine and walked out to CityWalk for dinner at Saddleranch.

justjohn getting ready to do the robot
    As it got later, they brought marshmellows out for the kids to roast

kyleicious roasting his marshmellow

MissChristine,dmom and dkid1
    Then the ladies went to do some shopping

Then we walked back to the restaurant where the boys were finishing watching the Dallas game (dallas lost ) and G4, Christine and I all said goodnight. We were in for a long day Sunday.

More to come.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: 2 Theme Parks-2 Days: A Trip Report by frecky

Day 2! Disneyland!
    The plan was to meet G4 at the park at 9:30. Due to the 5 being shut down to 1 lane for a mile or so, I was a little late. When I got there, not only was G4 waiting for me but Fishbulb and GeminiCricket were there too.
    The boys went to get fastpasses for Space while G4 and I waited for SusieP and JP. After we met with them, we hopped aboard a tram and headed to Whitewater snacks for breakfast.

After breakfast we entered from the hotel into DCA, then out DCA over to DL. Almost no lines!

By then, it was about 11am, so Susie and JP went to ride some rides while G4 and I killed time by walking around before the meet.

Heading through tomorrowland, we ran into PEZZ Lightyear and the 3 of us went to watch the Jedi Training Academy
    This little girl was dressed up like Princess Lea (sp?) How could she not get picked?

Then it was time for the meet. There was A LOT of people there!

Fishbulb gives John some love

Sam, Hector, and IndianaJenn
    Then a few of us headed to DCA to Cove Bar

Where I had some delicious lobster nachos

After, we went to ride Screamin, which I loved with RHCP. Maybe its cause I have a thing for Flea, maybe its cause I thought it made the ride that more awesome. Who knows. I liked it.
    After that, we said goodbye to Hector and went on Monsters Inc.
    Then, back to DL and rode the train, then HMH one more time. After that, G4 had to leave and the remaining members of our group rode Pirates.
    After, MissChristine and I headed out. When we saw the lines for the tram (it was about 6pm or so) we said "we'll walk!"

So, the parks werent that busy, I think the longest wait was maybe 20 minutes or so. But, it was a great 2 days spent with a lot of wonderful and new friends.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Yay! Thanks for the picture Becky! Excellent pictures as always, the one with Mickey and the castle is, IMO, the bestest. Your camera rocks btw.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Happy Memories

You know... You guys have a way of making people jealous with these things! I SO wish I was there! (but thanks for letting me live vicariously through you anyway! )

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    You know... You guys have a way of making people jealous with these things! I SO wish I was there! (but thanks for letting me live vicariously through you anyway! )
    Um. Ill have something for you in the next few days.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I loves me some frecky

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I loves me some frecky
    I love you too. I was so happy to meet you yesterday.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

In the immortal words of Smokey Robinson...I second that emotion Great trip report and pics - I especially liked the Universal pics since I haven't been there in a long time. Thanks for sharing it all, Frecky -

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Is it you in a big purty package on my doorstep?

But seriously.... you may want to keep an eye on your own mailbox... just sayin...

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Is it you in a big purty package on my doorstep?

But seriously.... you may want to keep an eye on your own mailbox... just sayin...
    Id have a lot of explaining to do if I went to FL

Really? Yours will be a few days, I gotta do a couple things before it gets sent out. But it will be soon!

• Again! Again! Again!

So will I.:

Great pics Frecky! Had a total blast with you this weekend. Lots of fun and many laughs. I love the picture of the monkey!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Feeling LOVED

Great trip report with the added bonus of Universal. Makes me want to go ride The Mummy now!. And I agree with Jack..the one of the castle is great.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4 View Post
    So will I.:

Great pics Frecky! Had a total blast with you this weekend. Lots of fun and many laughs. I love the picture of the monkey!
    Um, hello its a gorilla

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

I knew this would happen. Stalkerly competition.

• Again! Again! Again!

Um, hello its a gorilla
    Glad you finally got that straight.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast