Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winds...

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Winds...

Anybody from California sustain any wind damage from the recent windstorms? (to property, trees on cars)?

• Never Look Back

Re: Winds...

A large tree fell over in my neighbor's backyard. It hit our fence, but no damage was visible to the fence. My neighbor's backyard lawn is kinda ripped up though, because it uprooted.

• Hooterville, USA

I've just started on Mouse Tales #2. Gimme some time.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Four multi-million dollar homes in Malibu burned to the ground last night due to a wind-fanned fire. I can still see some smoke from my office!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Yeah - actually I got patches of dry skin on my face and arms. The ones on my face hurt - but I medicated and it all seems ok now.

I know it's not structural damage that you were speaking of, but it was structural in that it hurt 'my' structure.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Many light poles are down. Our upstairs window blew in..glass everywhere. I live in San Bernadino, off the 15. The winds here are dangerous.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Many light poles are down. Our upstairs window blew in..glass everywhere. I live in San Bernadino, off the 15. The winds here are dangerous.
    I know where you live and you are NOT kidding! They are fierce! Glad you and everyone is ok.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post

just to let you know, that IS covered by your homeowners policy most companies have called the recent wind claims as a catastrophe! So if it will be beneficial (keep in mind your deductibles!) and you think you have something, you can always "inquire" about it without having a claim on file and on your record

just an fyi for y'all

• Circle of Ancients

All is good here. I just hate having a bad hair day.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

It is still windy here in Camarillo, not as bad, but still enough to blow things around. Our yard is a mess and most the leaves are off of any bush or tree we have.
    The wind makes it so dry, I have gone through so much lotion and chapstick lately. My hair wont hold any curl or anything and when I brush Amanda's hair there is a ton of static.
    It is supposed to calm down today, but then by the weekend it is supposed to blow bad again. I am tired of this!! Just bring some rain and cooler weather. It is going to be 82 here today and that is just too dang hot.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Southern California is a weather warp. On day its bone chilling - the next day it's 80 degrees. My wife said I need to put away my summer clothes - to save closet space. I said, "It's summer weather this week - how can I pack those away?" She said, "Good point." Weather changes from one day to the next - which is why we always get sick. Ugh.

I think my Doctor should prescribe me to move to Hawaii.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

I saw a windchime go through the passenger side window of a car on Sunday.
    It's been insanely windy in Chatsworth, this morning was the first calm morning in a while.

Property damage aside, I love the winds. I wish it wouldn't damage everything though. When we lived in Montana semi-trucks would blow over in the wind- they'd slide on the icy roads, hit the snowbanks at the edge, and over they go! Makes a girl feel bad for the drivers.

I think our roof sustained some damage from the (soon-to-be-trimmed) tree.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    It is still windy here in Camarillo, not as bad, but still enough to blow things around. Our yard is a mess and most the leaves are off of any bush or tree we have.
    The wind makes it so dry, I have gone through so much lotion and chapstick lately. My hair wont hold any curl or anything and when I brush Amanda's hair there is a ton of static.
    It is supposed to calm down today, but then by the weekend it is supposed to blow bad again. I am tired of this!! Just bring some rain and cooler weather. It is going to be 82 here today and that is just too dang hot.
    You want rain?? I shall be more than happy to send all the rain we have been getting your way! I'm sick of it!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

The fwy between home and work is awful. And freaking scary. My car isnt that big and it feels like its about to blow away when Im driving.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast