Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Hotel safety - be careful!

So my phone rings at 2:15 this morning, waking me from a dead sleep. First thought: wrong number or bad news. It's the later.

Brian calls and he's freaked out. He's at a relatively nice hotel in Manhattan Beach all weekend for a work conference. At 12:30am he gets back to his room, notices the light he left on was off and thought it odd. He turns the light on, finds that his room was broken in to, his clothes and everything are strewn all over the room and then here's the kicker. Theres a man, in his bed, wearing his (Brians) clothes!

So I'm not exactly sure what entailed next, whether he screamed or left and called security or what but the guy escaped the room. But, they locked down the hotel immediately. The cops arrived, 2 helicopters were circling above. They had search dogs sniffing around every floor in every room of the hotel. Finally as we were talking the cops came over the loud speaker saying that everything was clear. Then they called Brian and asked him to come downstairs and identify the guy, which he did.

Brian said he was a meth addict, he could just tell. And he totally remembers seeing this guy walk past him as he was leaving his room around 10:30 last night to go downstairs because he was wearing a tank top and shorts and he thought to himself "Oh they must have a gym here". He said the guy told cops that someone let him in, which means he's lying (there was no show of force of entry) or someone from the hotel actually DID let him in.

My point is, just be sure that when you stay in a hotel, don't become complacent. Even in a nice hotel where you think you're going to be safe, something bad can still happen. Have your guard up all the time, especially walking the halls late at night and ESPECIALLY if you are alone. And just use some good old fashioned common sense.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Hotel safety - be careful!

OMG poor Brian that is so scary Glad he's okay.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

wow!! I will be sure to tell the hotel I am alone and to not let anyone in my room! thats just scary

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

That is scary! Glad Brian is ok.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

HOLY CRUD, I got a chill when I read the man in the bed part!!! A cold shiver!!! I shuddered and imagined being Brian -- I think I would have either fainted or screamed, maybe both. Poor thing. I am so glad the guy didn't try to hurt Brian. Geez. I am freaked out. Thanks for the info though, it is always important to be reminded, I am just sorry it happened to him.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Creepy! How is Brian doing? Is he freaked out?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

reminds me of the time i went to use the employee restroom at work (i work in a hospital) only to find some naked guy sitting on the toilet! Turned out he was a homeless psych patient that remembered the restroom from back when it was a patient room in the old psych ward...

..glad to hear everything turned out alright, i hope they moved Brian to a different room!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Again! Again! Again!

Matt, I hope Brian is OK. That's totally scary. I wonder how he got in. Maybe caught the door before it closed. Give Brian hugs from me!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

So glad to hear that he wasn't harmed and that the trespasser was caught and arrested.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Oddball

I'm glad nothing happened to Brian himself, and that the cops actually found the guy!
    Urge to groove building. Must... snap.... fingers....

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

OMFG, O-nut, how scary for Brian! Give him a hug for me. I'm so glad he was just scared, not injured or harmed in any way.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• For old time sake

Matt, how SCARY!!! I am glad he is safe and that the guy didn't wake up and hurt brian. I hope he'll be ok. Let him know I am thinking of him.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

, I'm glad Brian's ok! What a scary experience, give him a big hug for me too.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Brian calls and he's freaked out. He's at a relatively nice hotel in Manhattan Beach all weekend for a work conference. At 12:30am he gets back to his room, notices the light he left on was off and thought it odd. He turns the light on, finds that his room was broken in to, his clothes and everything are strewn all over the room and then here's the kicker. Theres a man, in his bed, wearing his (Brians) clothes!

My point is, just be sure that when you stay in a hotel, don't become complacent. Even in a nice hotel where you think you're going to be safe, something bad can still happen. Have your guard up all the time, especially walking the halls late at night and ESPECIALLY if you are alone. And just use some good old fashioned common sense.
    Yikes! That ir really really freaky! I hope Brian is doing okay today!

Thanks for reminding us to be safe. Another tip I've heard is to always emphasize to the desk clerk that you want to be sure that you have a room key card with a different code number than the last guest who stayed in your room since sometimes they forget to change them and the previous guest can still use his key in that case!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

That is scary, glad he's not physically hurt.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast