Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

The MiceChat badge is here... Part Deux

Since posting the original thread on the MiceChat badge, there has been a change in ownership of the badge company, as well as some personnel changes. So here is some updated info on the MiceChat name badge:

Here is the finished badge design that is available for sale IMMEDIATELY.

The badge is about the same size (1.75" x 2.875") as the Disneyland "guest of honor" badges.
    User names and first names WILL be interchangeable(i.e. CHARLIE on top and Circarama on bottom)
    The pin-back badges will cost $11.00 each. They are a true oval (custom cut) like you get at Disneyland. The shipping on my badge (from Utah to Central California)was $6.36. Multiple orders are available to the same address to reduce shipping fees.

ORDERING INFORMATION

To order your name badge, please email Wendy Hallstrom @ [email protected]. If you would like, you can copy and paste the following to help expedite your order. Please include a daytime contact telephone number so Wendy can contact you for your credit card info. Make sure and double-check your spelling and capitalization for the namebadge, as Wendy will be copying the info from your email directly into her order form.

If you have problems with your order, you can call Wendy Hallstrom at Namifiers. She can be reached at 1-800-470-6970 Ext. 116

Dear Wendy,

My name is:
    I would like to order a MiceChat name badge. The invoice to reference is invoice #SO-151983.The account number is #28592

Here is how I would like my badge to look:
    First Line:
    Second Line:

My shipping info is:
    Name:
    Shipping address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    My daytime telephone number for billing info is:
    Last edited by Circarama; 01-17-2007 at 09:53 AM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Re: The MiceChat badge is here... Part Deux

FYI: I ordered Tigerlily's and barfownz badge on a Wednesday morning and received it 2 days later on Friday. I couldn't believe how fast they got them out.

So if you're thinking about getting one for MiceChats 2nd anniversary, don't worry about getting it in time! Just order soon.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Banned User

I am very impressed on how fast it came! I can't wait to wear it!

• Pirate Girl

The nametags are very nice. What has kept me from ordering is that spendy shipping price!! You know they could send it for 39 cents(first class), plus 13 cents(bulky) plus maybe 50 cents for a padded envelope. That equals $1.02. So, we're spending $5.00 for the "handling"? I know I am being cheap here. But I know what shipping really costs. :-( WHY SO MUCH?

Aprille :-)

Quote Originally Posted by prillzilla View Post
    The nametags are very nice. What has kept me from ordering is that spendy shipping price!! You know they could send it for 39 cents(first class), plus 13 cents(bulky) plus maybe 50 cents for a padded envelope. That equals $1.02. So, we're spending $5.00 for the "handling"? I know I am being cheap here. But I know what shipping really costs. :-( WHY SO MUCH?

Aprille :-)
    Probably because they ship it in a box via UPS. That's why it gets there from phone call to doorstep in 2 days.They run it like a business for other businesses that use namebadges. They don't normally do one-offs as a regular part of their day to day business.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Banned User

shipping is a lot... strange.. such small items...

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    shipping is a lot... strange.. such small items...
    Uh-kay, they ship the badges in a box so the badges won't be damaged during shipping.

It costs a little more, but businesses (who usually use this company) are willing to pay the extra cost to avoid the grief of getting a soft-side envelope that has been mangled in sorting machine... hence, the box and the associated cost for shipping items in a box, versus an envelope and a 39 cent stamp.
    If you examine the info, and considering you're not paying sales tax (unless you live in Utah) it doesn't really look like the company is gouging anyone on shipping.

Besides that, how inflated is everything in Disneyland? Look at this as an extension of your Disneyland experience since you probably would only where a MiceChat name badge in Disneyland.
    Think of how much nicer it would be if all those people at the meet didn't have to come up and ask you, "Who are you?". I can tell you from personal experience how much fun it is to be walking thru Disneyland and have someone from MiceChat come up and say,"Hey Circarama, I'm fill in blank, I saw your name badge and thought I'd come up and say hello."
    It's really great!

I know that I sound like I'm a cheerleader for the badge copmpany... but I'm really a cheerleader for MiceChat! I want everyone to have one of these badges so that other people will ask, "What's MiceChat?" I want everyone at the Sunday meet to have a name badge so it will be easier to get to know everyone.

If you don't want to buy a name badge, make one up. Either way, it will be easier to break the ice with people you've talked to online.
    Last edited by Circarama; 01-13-2007 at 04:28 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Banned User

I can't wait for my name tag! Kudos, Charlie.

• Senior Minion

I will have to pick one of those up. They look great.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    The pin-back badges will cost $11.00 each. They are a true oval (custom cut) like you get at Disneyland. The shipping on my badge (from Utah to Central California)was $6.36. Multiple orders are available to the same address to reduce shipping fees.
    Thanks Charlie. Does this mean that all nametags sent to one address will ony be charged the standard shipping fee? Or does this mean that the shipping charge for each additional tag is reduced?

Sorry, don't mean to be nit-picky, just curious. For example, on Ebay, you may pay $5.00 shipping for an item and then only pay $2.00 to ship each additonal item if ordered at the same time.

If it is one shipping fee no matter how many nametags you order than I'll get with friends and do a big order. I'm with you Charlie in that I am hoping that most at the meet will wear nametags. There is no way I will remember every one I meet that day.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

I'm pretty sure that they combine shipping, i.e. only charge you for the shipping on the box regardless of how many badges are in it. That's what happend when I ordered Tigerlily's and barfownz.

I'd check with the sales rep, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they combine shipping, i.e. only charge you for the shipping on the box regardless of how many badges are in it. That's what happend when I ordered Tigerlily's and barfownz.

I'd check with the sales rep, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
    Good to know! I'll call on Monday to order and post what I find out!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• rockin butter sponge!

Ooh i cant wait to order mine! Gotta wait for payday tho!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Looks nice but a bit spendy!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks for the info Circarama.

The hard part is deciding how my husband and I want our names to be on the nametag. But we like the way you have your username in all caps and then your real name in regular letters. And the Circarama's Wife part is great!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast