Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Snowed

• Shablagoo!

It Snowed

We've been getting quite a bit of snow in WA this season. It just snowed again during the night. Usually by the time I get up the sun has melted the snow on the branches, but today it was still there. I went outside and got some pictures to share. Enjoy

Off my back porch.

• official corn dog taster

Re: It Snowed

looks nice, but i hate to live in it
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• For You!

Fresh snow is so pretty - but that probably means it's headed my way....

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

That is so pretty. Can we trade livins spaces today?
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Melon - thanks for posting these! Now if my family wants to know what it looks like, I'll just send them to this page!! I love the last picture -the ends of the trees look like they have ornaments on them!

I love how pretty fresh snow looks. And now, 90 minutes after you put those pictures up, I bet it looks a lot different with the warmer air hitting and everything getting all drippy? Tink is home from school AGAIN today and even she is getting bored from it!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Beep Beep!

Beautiful pictures!!!! I so love the snow!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Beautiful pictures!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

I took some at 6:30ish this morning in Portland, an hour after it started, then again a few hours later while the girls were playing:

They're inside warming up and playing with their Playstation while their snow stuff is in the dryer.

It's a balmy 26 degrees. I'm watching the news. They don't think it'll melt tomorrow, although it may get into the mid-30's.

My husband left the house very early for work today and before he got halfway there, several highways were shut down, I begged him to come home, but he kept on....and then tried to come home...and slid off the road. He was hit by a car, then he slid into a bus. All ended up getting pushed into a shallow ditch, because none of the cars/buses/trucks could get traction on the hill they were on.

Ironically, he could not then catch a bus to a transit center to get home for another hour or more. He's still an hour from home....and he's only 6 miles away right now.

• Senior Minion

Beautiful pics!!!!! We had some flurries today and cold. I still wish we had real snow, though. Can we trade places for awhile? So I can remember what snow is like?
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Man O Lantern

Here's a look down our street:

And up:

There's a city bus stuck on the main road under our house, they just can't make it up the incline, but not for lack of trying. The driver's been gunning it over and over again. And it just started snowing hard again.

Oh my goodness! Look at all that snow!!!! Loved the pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

• Shablagoo!

It has definitely warmed up and its not as pretty. I'm glad I went out this morning to get the shots I did.

Here are a couple more.

a close up.

I love your pics Stinkerbell. I hope your husband gets home ok.

• Man O Lantern

I love snowy trees! Beautiful!!

That bus is still stuck. It's been almost an hour of it trying to move and it just can't...it's hard to believe!! It has chains on it, too.

The temp is up to 28 now. And it's no longer snowing. They said on the news, it should be done snowing, except for a few flurries.

But if the roads aren't any better by tomorrow (and how could they? We're not getting above freezing), there's no way there's going to be school. The kids are stoked!!

My husband is waiting for a bus. It was supposed to be there more than 30 minutes ago. Bah. He says the one he's supposed to be on, is probably the one stuck down at the bottom of our road. Glad he has a sense of humor. It's been three hours since he left work and he's not home yet.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Stink and Melon, your pictures are spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Beep Beep!

Beautiful!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast