Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: I had to put my four year old black cat to sleep; my sad story.

Many of you may remember the thoughts that I shared here about my little Shuggie, who died in my arms last June 2nd. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of her, and feel the heartache.

We have our new "Angel", and our cat LittleBit, but that pain never really goes away.

I know that somewhere, "beyond the rainbow bridge", Shuggie and Sable and all the others are romping and playing and keeping their eyes on us.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post

Here is a picture of our new black cat, Raven. She will never replace Sable, but she helps ease the pain.
    Wow! What an elegant kitty, very graceful and regal looking. She looks like she knows something, and she's not telling.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Many of you may remember the thoughts that I shared here about my little Shuggie, who died in my arms last June 2nd. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of her, and feel the heartache.

We have our new "Angel", and our cat LittleBit, but that pain never really goes away.

I know that somewhere, "beyond the rainbow bridge", Shuggie and Sable and all the others are romping and playing and keeping their eyes on us.

--Barry
    Every time I see Shuggie's picture I wish I could give her a hug. What a precious baby she was. So glad you had her. She had a wonderful life full of love with you.

• "Always On The Move..."

I am so sorry for your loss...and I agree with RadioBarry...the pain never really goes away. I lost my quarter horse, Sir Oliver, over 26 years ago (omg just realized that he was 26 when I lost him)... and every once in a while those "ambushes" hit and hit hard. I've lost horses, cats and dogs over the years...and know how difficult it can be to lose a member of your family. Cause they are our family, just come covered with fur, fins, or feathers.

I also have two black cats, Mushu and Stitch ( the new baby Captain Jack, is a white, very light flame, but my sister and I swear he is the reincarnation of our late parents Boston Terrier...the dog who wanted to be a cat more than anything. )..Stitch and Jack from PetSmart, Mushu from my parents old business - he was born there.

So lots of hugs, and know that we share your grief. As for Raven...absolutely adorable. And LOVE the name.

Barry, I never ever see a picture of Shuggie and don't think of you. Wish I could have met her.

Hugs to all..
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    What is this black cat club of which you all speak? I am on my 8th!
    This is just a little "club" I made up to honor Sable in a way. But MiceChatters have been asking to join. So now I need to come up with a real club. Would you like to join? Give me a bit of time and I'll see what I can come up with. Maybe post a new club on MiceChat.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    Wow! What an elegant kitty, very graceful and regal looking. She looks like she knows something, and she's not telling.
    She is very much a new kitten. She is constantly running around and checking everything out. And boy does she demand attention! If you sit down for one minute, she is on your lab, like she is right now. But we all love her to pieces and glad she is part of our lives.

Thank you to SusieP., PrincessY, Goin2DL, evil mommie (great name by the way) and Aloha Stitch (owner of two black cats) for your kind words. That was really sweet of you all to stop and read my story and then write a kind word or two.

Radioberry, your little Shuggie was so cute! She looked so well cared for. I am sorry for your loss. Thank you again for your kind words.

• Senior Minion

We lost two cats (separate homes) in a week. About a two months ago. As someone already said they are like family. We had them cremated and sent to a cemetary in Santa Rosa. Tough week.
    Sorry for your loss.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm sorry to hear about your two kitties TicTocDragon. That must have been tough. Thank you for taking a moment and sending some kind words my way. MiceChat has such sweet people.

• Senior Minion

I'm sorry to hear about your two kitties TicTocDragon. That must have been tough. Thank you for taking a moment and sending some kind words my way. MiceChat has such sweet people.
    Especially with the Black and white cats "living" history.
    We have 5 more and a Beagle. They get along great though.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I don't innoculate my cats- I have spoken with vets and vet techs and we agree that two cats who live in the house- never go out and never have interaction with any other cats don't need them-so I don't. Should that change- I will.

My dog will get all of his shots-

Pet shots and people shots- people should be able to say no to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    I don't innoculate my cats- I have spoken with vets and vet techs and we agree that two cats who live in the house- never go out and never have interaction with any other cats don't need them-so I don't. Should that change- I will.
    Good for you Nephythys. I wish I knew about the odds of getting Leukemia befor I let them give her the shot. My cats will no longer be receiving that shot. They still get rabies since they go outside. And it was a good thing Sable had her rabie shot because she did end up biting me when they put her to sleep. So I guess as a pet owner, you just need to be aware about the different shots available.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Good for you Nephythys. I wish I knew about the odds of getting Leukemia befor I let them give her the shot. My cats will no longer be receiving that shot. They still get rabies since they go outside. And it was a good thing Sable had her rabie shot because she did end up biting me when they put her to sleep. So I guess as a pet owner, you just need to be aware about the different shots available.

I'm so sorry you paid that price.

Give that baby kittie extra hugs!

I am so sorry for your loss! I remember some years ago when my vet recommended I stop that shot for my kitty because it was known to cause tumors. I had no idea.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

I am so sorry for your loss. Remember the good times and treasure them in your heart. I hope those thoughts bring comfort to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

•   
    • Senior Minion

I am sorry to read about your experience in losing such a beloved pet. Even though I've never had a cat, it is quite shocking to read that this shot comes with the possibility of getting leukemia. I have dogs, and now I wonder what all the shots that they give to them do now.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, and making us more aware as well.

• Loving life!

I am so sorry for your loss. And to lose such a precious kitty the way you did is horrible. I had no idea about the feline leukemia shot. We just got a new kitty (gray, not black, sorry ) and she won't receive that shot now.

We lost our boxer five years ago next month to lymphoma. My son was talking about her just the other day and I had to ask him to change the subject. Normally, I can talk about her without any problems but I got really choked up.

to everyone.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast