Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Time to make a change in my life-No I'm not leaving MiceChat

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper View Post
    Jody,

Did you think I'd announce such a big decision like this to the world, without discussing this with my folks?
    Of course not Brian! I'm just teasing ya!

I think its wonderful!! I look forward to hearing about all of your new adventures as you make this next big step in your life!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Basically this will happen in steps.

In the next few weeks I will be working on getting in touch with Social Security and the Texas Commission for the Blind. As far as Social Security what a headache! I was never able to get anyone at my local office when I started the process to get on SSI a few years ago. Fortunately for me I had a friend that worked in the office in Atlanta. He got me in through the backdoor. For whatever reason I was never given a caseworker and my friend is now retired. So needless to say hours have spent on the phone with the people at the national number on Thursday. Finally got in touch with someone nice and patient enough to go as far as they could and send a message to my local office about my case and to get in touch with me so I can appeal to get the full benefit (also I don't feel I was given enough backpay. I really should have been paid since I was 18 not from when I started the process four years later...not to mention that my parents could have been getting checks since I was born). Ugh!
    Hopefully I will hear back from them in the next 7-10 business days. HOPE is the main idea there.

Fortunately the Texas Commission for the Blind will be much more easier to deal with according to my friend William. When he calls them he usually reaches someone or gets a call back within a few hours.

And then of course I will go out there and visit. My dad will probably come with me since I can bring a companion on Greyhound with me for free with my disability. I am definitely not making a final decision without visiting the area first. If all is well I will continue to get my ducks in a row, William will start looking for our apartment and I'll be on my way. This won't be an immediate change. There is definitely no need to rush such an important and life changing thing. It will probably not go down in the next six months (probably later than that point).

I'll keep you folks up to date along the whole way. And I'll try to get William on here and introduce you to him as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Senior Minion

Wow, Bopper, you are amazing with some of the challenges set before you. All the best to you in your quest.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Colorful

Time for an update.

Last Monday I was scheduled to have an appointment with my rehab counselor with the State. However I had to reschedule because of a bad cold I was suffering last week. It was an afternoon appointment and was to be in the same complex as the Social Security Office so was going to go by there first and see what I have to do to get a case worker so I can get working on getting the full amount of disability I should be getting. Well the appointment I had with the Rehab counselor could not be rescheduled until March the 6th. So things have been backed up.

After that point It will be going out to visit my family and friend William in San Antonio since I am not making any decision without a visit out there.

More updates as developments happen.

• Banned User

I'll be with you all the way Bopper!

• For You!

Thanks for the update!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Senior Minion

Thanks for keeping us updated, Brian!! We are behind you and support you 100%, always remember that
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Delawarean Girl

Thank you for the updated and good luck.

• Banned User

Good luck!

• Circle of Ancients

That's awesome. San Antonio is very nice.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Brian - you know that you have all the support I can possibly give you. I have treasured our many phone conversations to taslk about sports, and radio, and everything else - I've known since the first time I spoke to you that you are a young man, wise beyond your years.

As the song says...."The best is yet to come and babe, won't it be fine..."

--Your friend (and I am honored to be able to be that) -

--Barry

Does this mean you'll be rooting for the Spurs now?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Colorful

Thanks Y'all for all the love and support. You guys are the very best.

And Barry the feelings are mutual buddy.

• Colorful

Ok-time for an update:

Still no luck getting in touch with Social Security. I'm probably going to have to beat their heads in before this bears any fruit.

William finishes school on May 10th. Either that weekend or the next (to coincide with a weekend my Cousin out there has off) I am going to go out there to visit.

That's about all that's new with the situation as of right now...as always I will keep you guys updated with the progress. Thanks for reading and ofr all of the support.

• Colorful

Well I've got an update of sorts. I was going to go out to San Antonio to visit either the weekend of the 12th or 18th of May. However Mothers Day is the 13th and my cousins have something planned the next weekend. The next weekend my cousin will be off work will be sometime in June...probably later in the month. Ugh. There's not much I can do if I don't know whether I will move out there or not...and I am not going to make a decision blindly without visiting first. It's frustrating but what are ya going to do, right?

Sigh.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

There is a real good message in Meet The Robinsons that fits this situation.

"Keep moving forward"

Yes, there are obstacles in the way and life does present its challenges, but keep on working toward this move and that will make it all the sweeter when it does happen for you. I do hear that San Antonio is beautiful

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast