Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: Time to make a change in my life-No I'm not leaving MiceChat

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    There is a real good message in Meet The Robinsons that fits this situation.

"Keep moving forward"

Yes, there are obstacles in the way and life does present its challenges, but keep on working toward this move and that will make it all the sweeter when it does happen for you. I do hear that San Antonio is beautiful
    Thank you very much. I can't wait to see Meet The Robinsons to get that message...and all the Disney references...and the classic Disney short too
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Time to make a change in my life-No I'm not leaving MiceChat

Have you talked to your mom about going mother's day weekend? Maybe she'd be OK with it and you guys could do a mother's day thing later in the week?
    Hang in there!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

It'll all work out Brian, just keep faith! I love ya buddy

• insufferable know-it-all

BD: we're all rooting for you. There's nothing quite like being able to "hit the reset button" in your life. That's what a big move will do for you, it forces you out of your comfort zone, away from your habits, and forces you to recreate nearly every aspect of your life. It is much easier to establish new habits that match how you want your life to be when you clean the slate like that.

I echo the sentiment expressed by others. Just keep moving forward on this. Even if San Antonio isn't what you expect it to be, it will be a good move. Remember: nothing is permanent. Move out there, do what you need to do for yourself. You will not regret it, regardless of how much you like the particular city. Every experience we have in life contributes to who we are, how we define ourselves, and how we deal with the future. This is especially true of experiences that are way outside what we're accustomed to. And, just as you can up and move there, you can up and move away too. Remember that. Nothing is permanent.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Have you talked to your mom about going mother's day weekend? Maybe she'd be OK with it and you guys could do a mother's day thing later in the week?
    Hang in there!
    Very good suggestion. However it would be Mothers Day for my Cousins as well since they have two young children. Plus I may need to stay about a week or a little bit more to get a feel for the place, the college I would be attending and so forth. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon View Post
    BD: we're all rooting for you. There's nothing quite like being able to "hit the reset button" in your life. That's what a big move will do for you, it forces you out of your comfort zone, away from your habits, and forces you to recreate nearly every aspect of your life. It is much easier to establish new habits that match how you want your life to be when you clean the slate like that.

I echo the sentiment expressed by others. Just keep moving forward on this. Even if San Antonio isn't what you expect it to be, it will be a good move. Remember: nothing is permanent. Move out there, do what you need to do for yourself. You will not regret it, regardless of how much you like the particular city. Every experience we have in life contributes to who we are, how we define ourselves, and how we deal with the future. This is especially true of experiences that are way outside what we're accustomed to. And, just as you can up and move there, you can up and move away too. Remember that. Nothing is permanent.
    Thank you for the wonderful advice. You do not know how much I appreciate it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

We love ya BD ! Just had to say it . As long as your happy and feel you made the right decision, I think that's all that really matters . Good luck!

• Colorful

Okay - Update time!!

I now know when I am going to visit San Antonio. Either around the weekend of the 9th or 16th of June. I am leaning towards the 9th since I will likely stay about a week or so to not only get a feel for the city but to visit with my Cousins and an Aunt who might be in town at the same time. Also the weekend of the 23rd is my youngest brother's birthday, Father's Day, and a possible DooWop concert in Atlanta that I want to attend.

I don't think it will take me long to figure out if I like the city or not. I am 3/4th of the way in favor of doing it I just need the confirmation. In fact William and I have been having very productive talks about house rules and how we want to do things.

Taht's all for now.

• Colorful

Update time!

This week I made arrangements to travel to San Antonio on Greyhound. I got a great deal. I am very glad I waited until now to make my plans. Greyhound dropped their prices for a 14-day advanced purchase. Add to that 10 percent off for the first online booking by joining their Road Rewards program and I got round trip tickets to San Antonio for 99 bucks! I will be leaving Atlanta on June 7th and coming back on the 19th. it's about 25 hours from here to there on Greyhound but for such a great deal I don't mind at all.

Other than that I have been doing some things assuming that I will like it there. I have notified my Orthodontist that I will probably be moving in 6 months and that I need my braces off by than because I cannot afford to start working with another orthodontist out there.

William and i have been having some great discussions and we have been setting our house rules that we have officially dubbed as "Man Laws"We have also started planning a budget for the next six months from the point that I would say yes (if I do). We both have money saved up to put in an account at his bank (that I will sign up with out there if I do like it out there). Our goal is to have at least $3,000 saved up by Christmas which would give us a great start.

Also I am very happy to note that if things do work out I have a friend who needs to get rid of a bunch of plates, glasses, silverware etc left over from her catering business. She has told me that she would be more than happy to supply our kitchen out there because she is just interested in getting rid of stuff as she has just been blessed with a new job that will pay very well.

Well that's all for now. Stay tuned for more updates from Action Central News Scan!

• And, THEN she said...

I am so glad to hear that you may be going for it! you won't know what you will find there If I would have known what was waiting for me here in KY I would have jumped my own hound way before Jan of 1998!!!

and maybe not have gone and made my BIG mistake in Vegas.....

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Very glad to hear this news, Brian. Greyhound can be a very good way to go...I've "ridden the dog" several times myself over the years.

Will Burt Reynolds, Jimmy Johnson and company be helping you with the "man law" decisions???

Hope all is well. Miss talking with you.

--Barry

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Very glad to hear this news, Brian. Greyhound can be a very good way to go...I've "ridden the dog" several times myself over the years.

Will Burt Reynolds, Jimmy Johnson and company be helping you with the "man law" decisions???

Hope all is well. Miss talking with you.

--Barry
    Thanks Barry. No we tried getting in touch with those folks and they wouldn't return our calls LOL Actually we found inspiration in that ad campaign for our house rules.

I rode Greyhound last year on a trip I really enjoyed it and met some very interesting people. I know I will meet more cool people on my way to Texas and back.

I miss you too Barry. Nice to see ya around buddy!

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
    I am so glad to hear that you may be going for it! you won't know what you will find there If I would have known what was waiting for me here in KY I would have jumped my own hound way before Jan of 1998!!!

and maybe not have gone and made my BIG mistake in Vegas.....
    thanks Groomer.

• For You!

Sounds like it's all coming together BD! But, I just had one question, are you guys getting a joint account? or just accounts at the same bank. I would never suggest getting a joint account. Money just does weird things to people.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• That Guy

BD,

Good for you bubba! I think you will really like being out on your own! Make sure to take full advantage of all the resources and supports that you are entitled to. I recommend hooking up early with a mobility coach, so that she can show you around your new town, get you set up with transit, etc.

Best of luck!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast