View Poll Results: Where do you shop for everyday things????

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Target

37 60.66%
  • Wal Mart

15 24.59%
  • Other

9 14.75%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    But for better people-watching, you can't beat Wal*Mart.
    I couldn't agree more!!! Everytime I go to WalMart I am scared by the people I see (creepy hicks and such....), and I wonder where in the heck they came from. I never see these people anywhere else in the area of O.C., but then all of the sudden they show up at WalMart?!? Strange.... :confused:

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries
    Walmart... but only because its the only thing we have where I live. If I didn't have to drive 40 miles one way to get to Target (or anything else for that matter) I wouldn't go to Wally World as much. I'd still go, but not as much.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Gay Man

Target.

I've never even been inside a Walmart and I hope to keep it that way. I only need one "discount" store in my life and Target is the lucky pick. I don't even go to Cosco, Sams, etc.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Target is for me. I looooove Target. We have a new Target near us, and I shop there often. It is great for the kids clothes, which tend to get a lot of rough wear at school. I go for things that would be much more expensive at Ralphs, or that Trader Joe's doesn't carry.

Sometimes I go to Target just because it sounds like fun. I like to browse te aisles to see what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    But for better people-watching, you can't beat Wal*Mart. I got a bit tipsy after a day of wine tasting on Saturday and I insisted on going inside a Wal*Mart out in the boonies....my husband had to yank me out of the store before we got in a fight or something. :devil: I was horrible and loud, I think. :o
    This is the fun part of going to WalMart. When I went with my step-mom and sister over Mother's Day weekend, we were laughing quite a bit. Ok, a lot a bit. :devil:

I cannot touch the clothes at WalMart. I have an aversion to fake fabrics.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman
    It is definately WalMart! I use to shop at Target, but ever since they pulled the plug on Salvation Army at Christmas last year, NO WAY!!!
    I'm not a big fan of the Salvation Army. I donate to Goodwill. The SA's anti-gay stances are sad. The SA has their own stores, they can bell ring there.
    I also like how WalMart snubs its nose to the unions. You call unions the American way! I don't think so! I like choice!
    Wal-Mart does not treat their employees well. Unions level out the playing field for underrepresented workers. The American way is about preserving people's rights, not ignoring them or taking them away...

Also, I love Costco, btw. I shop there all the time. Love those $1.50 hot dog specials.

They both have awesome selections of Star Wars toys but Target is closer!

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Target, Target, Target! I'd only go to Walmart if someone was threatening me or someone I care about to go into that place. I REFUSE to give money to those *censoring self*.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    Target. Both are a drive (Targets is closer) I don't have a Walmart close enough to even consider going to. It is not worth the drive for me, but Target is! I cannot walk out of there without spending $100
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

what about real stores, not corperate conglomerates

• off in lala land

I am such a Target Lover. I think we need a big Target Hug!

Our next MC meet should be at Target, we should do a Flash Mob at the Target near Disneyland, bombard the Clearance section and then just leave.
    ...it's been a long time.

• Brandys MOM

I shop both, but Target is getting more and more of my time lately! I'm tired of poor customer service, not quite 'clean' enviornment...lots' of little issues, and I LOVE the $1.00 area at Target!
    "Sometimes Miracles Hide"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries
    Both... Wal-Mart's fairly far (and a freeway!) away so I go there about once a month to stock up. There are quite a few Targets close by, so I head to one of those often. I get my film developed there, see, that's my excuse for going so often...
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• /sigh

Target of course (with starbucks inside). One less than a mile from home, and one across the street from work. Can it get any better? ...well, they could bring Kohl's closer than 15 miles....
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

None of the above. Usually buy most "household" things at the grocery store, or occasionally Walgreens (I'm not big on "things" anyhow... don't need anymore poorly made junk cloggin up my home). Try to avoid Walmart if AT ALL possible... nasty skanky place with positively un-American business tactics. Used to shop at Target, but it's not convenient anymore.

I use to shop at Target, but ever since they pulled the plug on Salvation Army at Christmas last year, NO WAY!!!
    I personally sent a letter thanking Target for 86'ing the Salivation Army. A proselytizing church that masquerades as a "charity" is utterly offensive. (if you want proof, I've got plenty... documentation, documentation, documentation!)
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Target of course (with starbucks inside). One less than a mile from home, and one across the street from work. Can it get any better? ...well, they could bring Kohl's closer than 15 miles....
    A Kohl's just opened near me... it's not a good thing at all! Luckily Disneyland already has dibs on all my money.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast