Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

how to handle ur child being picked on

how would u handle it if your child was being picked on at school, and your child didnt want to get up to go to school because of it??

• Directly directed

Re: how to handle ur child being picked on

Ever read Queen Bees and Wannabes? No? Then you can see the movie version of it. It's called Mean Girls. Seen that one? But that really only applies to girls. Each bullying situation is different because of age, gender and what they are being picked on about. If it's just for being them then the child has to learn to be the bigger person (which sucks) and let it go. If the child does not want to go to school, talk with the teacher and principal. Maybe they can help, maybe not. If not, transfer schools. Consider private if necessary. Or Montessori. I personally don't think Waldorf is that affective, so I'd avoid that. It is very hard to succeed in this world without some kind of education so it's very important that the child feel comfortable at school. If the child is turned off from school in elementary school then it greatly improves that chlid's chances of failure. The child's safety and self worth are more important than the inconvinence of a parent having to drive to another school. If a child ends up on the "other" side of Erikson's theory than they are being set up/setting themselves up for a world of hurt. Just my two cents. But I am a child development major, am a former queen bee, and was made fun of at one school and leaving it was the best thing my parents did for me.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i dont have kids, i was just wondering after watching a t.v show how all of you handle it

• no flash photography...

idk....my child always wanted to go to school, but then again she just tells mean kids off if they do try to make fun of her. She's pretty good at standing her ground.

• For You!

My son was sitting next to a boy in class that was just saying the meanest things to him. Anyway, I just mentioned it to the teacher and she moved my son and he's been happy ever since. I guess the boy is very unsocial and has some problems - he has to sit by himself now.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I wish I knew. My daughter hasn't not wanted to go to school yet but she did come home yesterday and tell us that the kids were making fun of her, calling her nasty and ugly and stupid and one of them hit her. The teachers did let us know about the hitting and moved the kid to another group but they said nothing about what led up to it.

She's already got absolutely no self esteem. She doesn't need or deserve this.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Banned User

Well you can hire me for $5.00 a day and I'll be more than happy to take care of those kids.

How old are they?

• Queen of Sarcasm

Barfy the Bouncer? !!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow View Post
    I wish I knew. My daughter hasn't not wanted to go to school yet but she did come home yesterday and tell us that the kids were making fun of her, calling her nasty and ugly and stupid and one of them hit her. The teachers did let us know about the hitting and moved the kid to another group but they said nothing about what led up to it.

She's already got absolutely no self esteem. She doesn't need or deserve this.
    Oh this is so sad Kids can be so mean!! I am sorry this happened to your daughter. I hope things get better

• Banned User

how about these parents? the other day a lady took up to parkings at the school, and the parking is so bad there that if you do not get to park, you have to walk blocks to get your child! So I asked her if she could move up a touch as she took two parkings. she flipped out! Started screaming at me and so I drove on. for the last several days she has been flipping me off and cussing........... that is until......... I walked up to her yesterday, told her she was not acting in an adult manner and her daughter and all the kids around her and seeing this bad behavior. I told her.. I apologize if I got you in a bad mood, I am sorry that you are so darn upset, but I do want to tell you that I was in no way rude when I asked you to pull up, you took two parkings where as we could have both had a spot, and I do not handle people cussing at me and makig a fool out of me. Please. stop this as it makes me mad, and I do not want to get mad and act as you are. she was like woooooooo ok, so I said again to her. I am saying I am sorry, my name is Karla whats yours...... big smile and I said Its nice to meet you, I hope you have a great day, and see you tomorrow.
    today she smiled at me and hurried off

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    Oh this is so sad Kids can be so mean!! I am sorry this happened to your daughter. I hope things get better
    Yeah. Kids who are mean to others were picked on before by other kids or they are friendless.

At out school, when we pick on someone, We use a little expression called "Lets take this outside".

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

My oldest dealt with bullies at his old school from 3-5th grade. We spoke to the teacher, spoke to the principal, had him moved but it was never just one child so there was only so much. We constantly reassured him that it was the other kids with the problem and praised him for the good person that he is. It must've worked because now in jr. high his attitude is "if they don't like it too bad, it makes me happy" He rarely lets kids get to him nowadays. The time periods that is does happen we talk it out pretty good. As a matter of fact, this morning he told me that some kids at the school act as if they are better than him and his friends. I told him that unfortunately, you will experience that over and over again in life. Just keep believing in yourself and know that you are a good person, don't let them get you down. By the time he got out of the car he was smiling again

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• For You!

Karla, you're just the sweetest person ever. The world would be a better place if we could all act like you

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Hooterville, USA

Ok, here's the way we did it.
    We have 3 girls and the rule was if anyone picked on our oldest, I took care of it.

If the middle one was picked on, our oldest took care of it.

If the youngest was picked on, our middle daughter took care of it.

I don't think this method is for everyone, but it worked for us.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• That Guy

I find this helps too. I send my little Billy to school with this, and he hasn't been picked on in months!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast