View Poll Results: Do you think a Texas Disney Park is in the works?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It has to be true!

0 0%
  • Pfffffft, I don't think so!

28 90.32%
  • Whoooooo knooooooows?

3 9.68%

• n/a

Official TX Park Poll

Do you guys think it's going to happen? Let's go to the boards.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Someone's excited!

Re: Official TX Park Poll

There's no Poll. Or do you want us to just reply and that will count? Well I don't know. Most of me says no. A teensy bit of me says maybe. And a teensy weensy bit of me says yes. All in all...probably not.

EDIT: Nevermind theirs a poll now!
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I don't think this ridiculous rumor of a Texas park needed another thread, but I voted no.

Does anybody really believe that Disney is so sly as to get production of a brand new themepark past the huge Disney online fanbase with people like Al Lutz and sites like MiceAge, MouseInfo, and MousePlanets? And furthermore, does anybody really believe a RADIO STATION, of all news/media outlets, would break the news first?

Seriously. Give the Texas rumor a rest, it isn't happening.

• California Golden Bear

This is not true and here's why: there have been no massive purchases of land in Texas. Disney learned their lesson with Disneyland, before letting anything out about WDW they secretly bought huge amounts of land at cheap prices because after the news was made public by a FL newspaper the price of land sky rocketed. To substaniate this rumor we would need to see a significant amount of real estate transactions in one area, and these would be public record. Only then could we begin to speculate as to whether or not Disney was the new mystery land owner.
    This myth is busted.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• n/a

There seemed to be several who do believe in it on the other board, I was just curious as to their actual numbers :P
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

How is this official? just wondering, and I dont think its going to happen, they have enough on their plate as it is, with dca ect.

• rockin butter sponge!

Yep, i think its true, and i do believe it will be filled with LOTS of these:

And all the food places will serve these:

And at the end of the day, you will probably do this from all the invisible rollercoasters on tummies full of invisible sammiches:

(i'm sorry, i have been wanting to post the Barfy kitten!! Its just too cute)

those kittys rule! I want my sandwich....NOW!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Official TX Park Poll

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I don't think this ridiculous rumor of a Texas park needed another thread, but I voted no.

Does anybody really believe that Disney is so sly as to get production of a brand new themepark past the huge Disney online fanbase with people like Al Lutz and sites like MiceAge, MouseInfo, and MousePlanets? And furthermore, does anybody really believe a RADIO STATION, of all news/media outlets, would break the news first?

Seriously. Give the Texas rumor a rest, it isn't happening.
    Then have someone merge this thread into my rumor. And Gracey... why does a rumor such as this bother you so much? You telling others to "give it a rest" is like someone telling you to give your views on anything here "a rest". I mean "seriously"...
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Then have someone merge this thread into my rumor. And Gracey... why does a rumor such as this bother you so much? You telling others to "give it a rest" is like someone telling you to give your views on anything here "a rest". I mean "seriously"...
    Putting a rumor to rest is different than discussing in-park themeing, new additions, proposed changes, or upcoming attractions.

Rumors of this so-called Texas park came out of nowhere, and after Disney had a three-day Press Event in Florida, and after Iger released concept art for upcoming/possible upcoming attractions, this rumor of a Texas park is completely unfounded.

Telling somebody to stifle their opinions is different than drowning the flame on a false and unfounded rumour. I mean "seriously"

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    This is not true and here's why: there have been no massive purchases of land in Texas. Disney learned their lesson with Disneyland, before letting anything out about WDW they secretly bought huge amounts of land at cheap prices because after the news was made public by a FL newspaper the price of land sky rocketed. To substaniate this rumor we would need to see a significant amount of real estate transactions in one area, and these would be public record. Only then could we begin to speculate as to whether or not Disney was the new mystery land owner.
    This myth is busted.
    Unless ... they sealed up the rights to sufficient space by purchasing options from one or two large landowners. A few tracts of land from Bowen Homes, Morrison Homes, Diamond Homes or the large landowners on the outskirts of the development could be secured with an option and confidentiality agreement.

I'm not saying I think I has happened, but it certainly could. As you say, the Disney Company learned its lesson in Anaheim. It may have learned a lesson in Florida, too, correctly assuming that a bunch of recorded deed transfers might start people buzzing.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The only thing we have to shame is ... shame itself!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Putting a rumor to rest is different than discussing in-park themeing, new additions, proposed changes, or upcoming attractions.

Rumors of this so-called Texas park came out of nowhere, and after Disney had a three-day Press Event in Florida, and after Iger released concept art for upcoming/possible upcoming attractions, this rumor of a Texas park is completely unfounded.

Telling somebody to stifle their opinions is different than drowning the flame on a false and unfounded rumour. I mean "seriously"
    Basically you were telling me, one of the many people who heard this rumor, exactly what to do. Seriously, you were.

You can continue to attempt to bring some kind of reasoning to your view point regarding everyone's interest in this rumor but who really can pull "Telling somebody to stifle their opinions is different than drowning the flame on a false and unfounded rumour" out of what you originally wrote.

It's like you still get to tell people what to do because you included a reasoning method in your next comment. People interested in this rumor do not need to stifle their opinoins regardless who hopes they do. I also don't agree with your reasoning as trying to seperate "stifle" and "drowning". For me, it's the same thing, just one isn't so nice than the other.

I hope you understand that I do understand your need to getting rid of this concept in people's heads but come on... people here on MiceChat just shouldn't be told in any regards on what subject they should just "give it a rest" on.

I'm telling you I did not like that comment and that's how I feel.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• rockin butter sponge!

I still vote for invisible rollercoasters and sammiches.