Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Hooters - A review from a unique perspecitve

Hello Gang!

We just had a new Hooters open up in my town. My uncle took my dad and me out to lunch there today. Most of you may know that I am legally blind. I have some sight but not too much of it. Raising up that little factoid may bring up the question "What's the benefit of going to Hooters if you're blind?" Well I am here to answer just that.

First of all the atmosphere is awesome, even at lunch on a Friday afternoon. There's a great variety of pop music from the past 50 years being played (although my dad and Uncle wished the volume was a little lower). There were plenty of Flat Screen TV's of adequete size around so you won't miss anything if you go during the Big Game. It's almost like a beach house with all the palm trees and decorative lighting around the place.

Now I really can't see the main attraction, if you will but I sure liked the wait staff. It was really busy there but the staff never missed a beat and was highly enthusiastic. Usually at a restaurant the person taking yoru order is formal and stands while taking your order. The nice girl that took ours actually got into the booth and sat down with us. She was very polite and very friendly. In fact she stopped by several times to tell us what was going on and told us about upcoming events at that particular location.

Several times during the meal my dad described to me that there was a lot of fun going on. A few times one of the girls stood up on the bar and danced with a hula hoop. I couldn't see that but the crowd seemed to enjoy it very much. Also there was a Birthday in the House and it was a big deal with a rowdy song while everyone cheered and turned over to look. I am not really certain what all happened but there were balloons involved. I was told that none of the Hooters is franchised and maybe this is what happens at every location. If so can I have a description (as long as it is decent enough to post here).

The food...ahh yes! Very good stuff. We all had a Melted Grilled chicken sandwich. The "Sammy" consisted of grilled chicken, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms beneth a layer of melted provolone cheese! MMmmm! It was delicious!

I give the place a 5 our of 5. I may not be able to really see what makes Hooters so attractive to most people, I still love it. I love the atmosphere and it is a very fun place to eat and have a good time. I sure did and I didn't have to see what everyone else goes there for!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Huh?

Re: Hooters - A review from a unique perspecitve

I've only been there once. Too tell the truth, I'm not that much impressed. Atmospherically, it's just not my kind of place. It's a place for people that like sports and such. I'm not a sports fan (though, I'm still a fan of Melmac's bouillabaisseball team). The wings, which everybody insisted on being the greatest in the world, were greasy enough to make me sick. And the sauce wasn't that great, either.

I give it a 0.3 out of 10.

Just offers absolutely nothing for me, so I've never been back.
    -Tim

• I love loop jokes.

I'm glad you had a good time BDBopper! I never thought the food would be any good there but the sandwhich you described sounds really yummy.

I wanna go. Did you see that goofygoof? I said I wanna go. Let's go!

• Comin' at ya!

I love two aspects of the place...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I love two aspects of the place...
    Two aspects? What two aspects? Huh? Tell me! I wanna know!
    (if you never had a little sister, this is what she would have sounded like)

• Mexihick, y'all

I freakin' LOVE Hooters. The food is good, the atmosphere rocks. If you're looking to focus on a sports game, don't go, it's too noisy.

Hootiehoo's gets an 11 out of 10.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Two aspects? What two aspects? Huh? Tell me! I wanna know!
    (if you never had a little sister, this is what she would have sounded like)
    babe, use your imagination lolol

ok lets go!!! when are you taking me?

• That Guy

Good review, but here in Phx, Hooters is reserved for the Trailer Park crowd. It is just kind of tacky. The outfits the girls wear have not been hot since the 70s. It has the same creepy feel that strip clubs have, with creepy guys that haven't seen a naked woman since they were born. Yikes.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

*sigh* I absolutely adore Hooters. Not only are their buffalo wings tremendous, but the pretty girls help, too. Yay Hooters!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    *sigh* I absolutely adore Hooters. Not only are their buffalo wings tremendous, but the pretty girls help, too. Yay Hooters!

SG,

Wow, Hooters must be different in CA, cus here in AZ it is such a different story. How interesting. That is really cool that they are more fun in CA. I may have to give it a shot!

• Never Look Back

I go there for the wings...

Hooters is great!

• Banned User

hooters is probably a litter different in each area...

to match the demographic of the area.

• Mexihick, y'all

I don't think so at all. I have been to Hooters in California and in Kansas. Chicks in tight orange shorts and white tops. I think that Max hit the nail on the head...but he doesn't obviously enjoy chicks, or shorts, or tight tops. Let's embrace our new gay friend.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Hooters is overrated, I've had more enthusiastic waitresses at Perkins AND had better service. I'm not going to tip someone just because they have big boobs.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast