View Poll Results: Should I get the Tattoo ?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

33 48.53%
  • Yes

35 51.47%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Tattoo or not tattoo

I dont care if I am old enough to make my own decisions I want to know if you think it is a good idea for me to put this on my left arm before i leave the please note that this is the ONLY NZ icon I will considered tatooed on me
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Is that a french tickler? Go tickle the French to the rhythm of the cowbell. Go to Disneland Paris, and teach them to "Just Sy Oie!" Go if you must, you big French tickling, American cowbell banging, worldwide decision making mama's boy!

• Minion

I am sort of anti getting tattoos of generic things anyone could have. However I am unsure what you mean by "NZ icon".

• Race Car Driver

I am thinking.............
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

If you had a son/daughter, would *you* be disappointed if they got a tattoo. For me the answer is yes, so I would never get one. But it's a personal decision.

• Minion

I say yes, get the tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    I am sort of anti getting tattoos of generic things anyone could have. However I am unsure what you mean by "NZ icon".
    NZ=New Zealand.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I dont care if I am old enough to make my own decisions I want to know if you think it is a good idea for me to put this on my left arm before i leave the please note that this is the ONLY NZ icon I will considered tatooed on me
    Go for it. Looks like a nice, simple design and will probably be very inexpensive. The experience itself is a tad painful, but You'll love it once it's on.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    I'm always all for tattoos, so I think you should go for it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by girl anachronism
    NZ=New Zealand.
    That's what I figured.

Well, I have a tattoo of Willy Wonka. I shouldn't be talking.

I guess the important questions are: how important is New Zealand to you and how old are you? Don't tell my mom, but I wish I had waited until I got my tattoo. I still love it almost a year later, but I could have put some more thought into it.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Gold Tooth.

I can't imagine letting someone draw permanent medocre art on my body with the equivilent of a Flair pen. Maybe 15 years ago when only bikers had them. Tattoos are now so mainstream and not edgy that I'm not sure what statement they really make. Especially when you turn 75. I've never left the same picture on the wall of my room for more than a year, let alone my arm for the rest of my life. If you want attention, go gold tooth, at least it come off. To me, the body is a quintessential piece of sculpture and polluting it with average art just graphically distracts from how cool it already is. Kind of like bumper stickers on a new Porsche. they kill the lines and scream for attention. You're already hot, prove that you're not a follower.

Just my opinion.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• And, THEN she said...

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I love Tattoos! even tho im too chicken to get one myself! i say Go for it

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    I say do it if it is something you wont regret doing a few years down the line. I think if you are going to get a tatoo, it should be something that really does mean something, not just a trend thing or in the heat of the moment. I have a tatoo and I did take my time to decide on what I wanted. Yiu are stuck with it (removal really hurts from what I understand) Also- it doesn't tickly going on.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Master of Disaster

do the following. print it the size you will be getting it and leave it up like say on the dashboard of your car for a year. so everytime you see it you will think about it. if you are not sick of looking at it after a year then go for it. otherwise dont bother. Think long and hard about a lifetime decision like that.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Tui, I would say that if you feel that a tatoo is a fitting tribute to your time in NZ, I think you should do it.

What does the feather symbolize?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries
    It's actually a silver fern, you'll see it quite a bit in New Zealand, usually its white on a black backround, but it would look infinitely better as just a black one. There are quite a few different once, that all basically look the same, the one I posted, and the one I would get is the Silver Fern of the National rugby team the All Blacks. The reason I like it, is because it a very simple design, and it wouldn't take up that much room, and it will probably be the only tattoo i'll get in my life. I mean a year is a long time to spend in another country if you're a high school student, and I could take home endless amounts of souveniers, but knowing me I'll probably lose them all, but a tattoo is something I'll always have as a reminder of my year.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast