Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

O'nuts 2007 guide to a better MiceChat post

Yes folks, it's time once again for O'nuts tips for making the most of your posting.

Want to start a new thread? First thing you need is a good subject. Got it!

Next, do a little research to see if said thread idea has already been posted. See the "search" button up top? Search is your friend. If it's been posted, please do not start another thread of similar subject matter. Just add to the already created thread. It helps the reading masses, and keeps our mods a little saner from having to merge. I can't tell you how many times I've sent messages to the mods that "there's 2 threads already about this can we merge them please?". They love me that way

Next up, the thread title. Make it interesting. Catchy. Fun. Without being too wordy, or too obscure. Please no titles that say "Look here" or "Frontierland....." Also nothing like "Disneyland is the best place on earth". OK, thanks for that. We know that, that is why we are here!

Thread body. If you want to ask a question of your fellow MCers, do so, but add some anecdotes, or little stories of your own. Make it personal. But again, not too wordy. Too wordy = I am loosing interest and am likely not to continue reading.

Know when to wrap it up. You can go on and on and on and on about things without ever coming to a close. Close it up! You can always come back and add a post to your thread later.

And finally, if your thread is a serious thread where you really want to get a point across, or ask your fellow MCers their opinions on a subject: spell check. I know I take threads with full sentences and proper punctuation and spelling much more serious than if someone runs on a sentence and doesnt use punkutaion and splels incrorectecly/

And there you have part one of O'nut helpful hints. If you all have anything you'd like to add please, feel free to do so. Thank you for reading and have a pleasant tomorrow.

• no flash photography...

Re: O'nuts 2007 guide to a better MiceChat post

I've read this somewhere before. Did you do a search first?

• Incognito

Blog Entries

You sure have, but its locked out. Hence the 2007 moniker

• My cuties!

I love you Matt.

• Gay Man

You're gonna kill me.........
    __________________________________________________ _

Yes folks, it's time once again for O'nuts tips for making the most of your posting.

Want to start a new thread?
    1. First thing you need is a good subject. Got it!
    2. Next, do a little research to see if said thread idea has already been posted. See the "search" button up top? Search is your friend. If it's been posted, please do not start another thread of similar subject matter. Just add to the already created thread. It helps the reading masses, and keeps our mods a little saner from having to merge. I can't tell you how many times I've sent messages to the mods that "there's 2 threads already about this can we merge them please?". They love me that way
    3. Next up, the thread title. Make it interesting. Catchy. Fun. Without being too wordy, or too obscure. Please no titles that say "Look here" or "Frontierland....." Also nothing like "Disneyland is the best place on earth". OK, thanks for that. We know that, that is why we are here!
    4. Thread body. If you want to ask a question of your fellow MCers, do so, but add some anecdotes, or little stories of your own. Make it personal. But again, not too wordy. Too wordy = I am loosing interest and am likely not to continue reading.
    5. Know when to wrap it up. You can go on and on and on and on about things without ever coming to a close. Close it up! You can always come back and add a post to your thread later.
    6. And finally, if your thread is a serious thread where you really want to get a point across, or ask your fellow MCers their opinions on a subject: spell check. I know I take threads with full sentences and proper punctuation and spelling much more serious than if someone runs on a sentence and doesnt use punkutaion and splels incrorectecly/

And there you have part one of O'nut helpful hints. If you all have anything you'd like to add please, feel free to do so. Thank you for reading and have a pleasant tomorrow.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I've read this somewhere before. Did you do a search first?
    *snicker*
    She did it!

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    *snicker*
    *twix*

But on-topic...what if I like to missspeel wordz too sea iph ppl ken undastand wha' I meant and make me immortal in quotez?
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• Minion

Gee but if I follow these rules I won't ever get to post again *smirk*
    “Any sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, that’s when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Man, this makes me want to post a post that goes totally against your list!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Why do you keep talking?

Too long, didnt reed.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

O-nut...loved the original...but somehow I like the sequel better! Which is odd because it is exactly the same thing.

I know that "Search" is my friend, but a couple of times I've started a duplicate thread even after sifting through four or five pages that the search has given me, because the title of the other thread might be misleading in some way.

So if at all possible, make sure the thread title reveals the subject matter of the thread as precisely as possible.

About long posts (and I've been known to have them occasionally) remember also that the "paragraph" is your friend.

I've seen thread opening posts that fill my computer screen, with one long run-on sentence.

Like O-nut, I'm far less likely to try to tackle those.

I think I've "said" enough now.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydisneydee View Post
    *twix*

But on-topic...what if I like to missspeel wordz too sea iph ppl ken undastand wha' I meant and make me immortal in quotez?
    Reading that hurt my brain.

• Banned User

what?........ I could not understand your accent !

• Hooterville, USA

I'm just amazed that every topic on DL hasn't already been covered.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Part 2 - Posting into threads someone else started.

Pick threads that are interesting to you, or that are in support of someone who might need it (but not to someone that is incessantly needy). Don’t go posting a comment into every single thread you see. Seriously, even -I- don’t have THAT much to comment on. Or, you need to go outside. Get some sun.

Make your comments clear and concise. And make your posts as “to the point” as you can. Long drawn out posts where you rattle off every idea that pops into your head, and where you end up with about 7 long paragraphs about why you like the texture of the fries from Café Orleans, is just too much, seriously. Most people loose interest after the 2nd paragraph. Yes, sometimes you need a few paragraphs to get your point across and that's ok, just don't get too wordy. Unless you really have nothing better to do than to type and type and type blah blah blah and again I reiterate. Outside. Sun.

Please don’t bother with inane threads, you’re just feeding the original posters attempt for attention. No posts means the O.P. will go “well I guess nobody cares, I’ll move on too”. Ignore, it does a message board good!

So what have we learned in todays lesson? Short, clear, concise and to the point posts. And go outside!! Vitamin D is good for you
    Last edited by Olympicnut; 02-06-2007 at 09:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast