Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luguna Mudslide

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Luguna Mudslide

I just saw on the news there was a bad mudslide in Laguna Beach. Do we have any members there? I hope not. Either way, I am sure many of us know people there. I have a friend who lives there, but he is right on the beach so I sure his home was not affected.

Our news blows and I don't have cable so I probably won't hear much more about it. I just hope none of our members are involved.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• For old time sake

Not sure if we do have any members there. I do know they just reported 12 homes damaged!!!! Poor $1.75 million dollar homes!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    Ooh- that kinda sucks! First your house is on top of the hill, than it is on the bottom!
    The article only said minor injuries thank goodnes
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    KTLA covered it this morning. What unbelievable damage. Now they are worried about a big water tank that could go.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Master of Disaster

I doubt we have members there. I believe a few of the homes were owned by celebrity types. ohh and just of note: this same canyon lost like 8 homes in 1978 and most of them just erbuilt the houses... I wish i had money to throw away like that.

• Minion

I have good friends who live on the street above Flamingo Road which is Madison Place. They were there for the landslide in '78 in nearly the same location.

• CM for 4 years!

I have a couple friends who live in Laguna Beach and who went to/are going to Laguna Beach High School. As much as I'm jealous of their wealth and their ability to live in my favorite town in the state of California, I'm wishing for the best for them. I couldn't imagine losing MY home.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

My uncle lives in a smaller town near hills not far from there.. now he is in Iowa....

This is somewhat tragic.... somewhat.... (those homes are purely insured.. and safe.. and no one was hurt much..... mabey they wont re build??

• CM for 4 years!

No, those homes are not insured. There isn't really such a thing as mudslide insurance.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Incognito

Blog Entries
    My coworker's partner is a sergeant on the Laguna Beach PD and I just saw a picture of her on Yahoo news helping people out. Unfortunately today was her day to be watch commander. Ooops. She said the news media is actually either purposely not showing how really bad it is or just haven't been able to because its really bad. Luckily nobody as far as they know as of right now has been killed, and there's only been a couple injuries and they aren't bad.

And my coworker and her partner live on the adjacent hill that overlooks all this about a quarter mile away. Luckily all is ok with their house and they are in no danger.

• insufferable know-it-all

Looks plenty bad now.

This is scarily ironic... I was just in the Laguna Beach city hall last week asking about storm damage (doing some research), and the response was something along the lines of "Why on earth would we keep a record of storm damaged homes?" Aside from the obvious thought-of response, that LA had not only kept a list but published it (goes to FEMA anyway), umm.... so that people have access to this information when thinking of buying in the area?????

Disneykat: they're not insured... the two companies that do that kind of insurance apparently don't insure in areas previously hit by landslide, which means no Laguna Beach.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• For old time sake

Oh my I really feel bad for these people. But they HAD to know this when they built!! No???
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• no flash photography...

people should learn not to bulid their houses in dangereous areas. If they rebuild there they are just foolish. Like the maibu homes that get destryed all the time. Get a clue buiold elsewhere...)

• insufferable know-it-all

I really feel for these people, especially anyone who purchased since the latest real estate boom. Imagine having no home AND a $3 million mortgage! (The debt doesn't go away with the house, you know)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast